Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 699. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I would consult a good investment banker about investment opportunities as it is their job to make sure your money grows.

Well i would not  Cheesy

Their job is not to make your investment grow, but to tell you a ponzi scheme derivative to invest in, while they will preposition themselves, and take the opposite direction trade  Cheesy Cheesy

Thats what they always do in boiler rooms like our banking cartel.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Ɓιтcσιη
Like what Warren Buffet said, "Never depend on single income. Make investment to create a second source," but he also said “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.”

So, if you have a limited amount of money, then save for some time until you have enough excess money that you have enough to sustain yourself and enough to spend. Take that excess money and invest it in good places so that your wealth will grow. I would consult a good investment banker about investment opportunities as it is their job to make sure your money grows. If you invest the money you live on, you might lose it and fall into debt.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Investing usually carries higher risk than saving. Hence better reward.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Saving is an good option..that will help you to invest in future.. atleast make a plan that you can save a part of your salary which gonna be helpful to you to invest.
If you dont save how you gonna invest?? And if you can directly invest ie if you are rich enough then why you need to save?? you can directly go for an investment.

Some people actually dont save. Theres situations like people who win a lottery, or take over their daddys company at the age of 21.

Of course these are all special situations, and not applied to the 90%, but to comment on the rich not needing to save is a bit naive as well. I know a fellow friend save just as well much with investing cause incase the investment does go bad or for future loss being covered.

True some people actully no need to save because they already got what they want but still they need saving too for their future if suddenly in one day you loss your in you investment, altough you are rich may be in one day your money will be all gone and this saving will help you but it can't provide all of your loss, at least it can help you a little bit
That is exactly my points. Even if it will not help you or you dont need it for investment still you have a money if your money in investment will gone. It may help you to have a financial and make a business if you dont like business invest again.

I dont think saving will not help you because it is your money that you cut from your own salary and try not to use it so it will be useful in the future. But that saving is only thing that you can get by collecting in a long time and you need to try to invest on something good. But its just lke a gamble, if it gone then it will gone forever
No. Savings will great help even if you losses your money in investment still you try to invest and if you dont try how you will know that your money will loss or earn a profit? If you not save and you spend all of your salary monthly how you can get a money if you need it for emergencies or other purpose? Think of that, think if savings will not help us in the future.

I Agree.
If you have habbit of saving from the initial stage you will be holding great fund in future. So even if your investment goes wrong you atleast have something which can earn you living in future. If you have saved something that would be helpful for you at the time of emergencies.
Theres no negative in savings.  Savings are so very helpful to people who dont know what they are goin to do with their salary and your saving will be safe if you put it in the bank. It may avoid lost and it may avoid the possible things that will happened to your money

The problem is when banks start to stop being as safe as we previously thought. Banks can crash, bailout, get robbed, and negative interest is a bitch. So unless you really need it, you should do something with your money and not only keep it on the bank, unless you are rich enough to make decent gains from simple interest rates.

you don't necessarily need to store them in your bank account, you can leave them in your house in a safe box underground, well hided, the same thing you will do with a paper wallet...

the problem with fiat is that you can't save them for long time without losing value, because of the fact that bank keeps printing those like mad childrens, you a re obbligated to invest in something

bitcoin instead is already an investment, because it has a store of value property
But if you invest you wonr assure that your money can earn a profit , it may loss. And thats right the valued of the fiat money are decreasing as time passes by. If your money is $70 and you save it and you put it in your storage in your house after a year the value of your $70 maybe its only 65 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Saving is an good option..that will help you to invest in future.. atleast make a plan that you can save a part of your salary which gonna be helpful to you to invest.
If you dont save how you gonna invest?? And if you can directly invest ie if you are rich enough then why you need to save?? you can directly go for an investment.

Some people actually dont save. Theres situations like people who win a lottery, or take over their daddys company at the age of 21.

Of course these are all special situations, and not applied to the 90%, but to comment on the rich not needing to save is a bit naive as well. I know a fellow friend save just as well much with investing cause incase the investment does go bad or for future loss being covered.

True some people actully no need to save because they already got what they want but still they need saving too for their future if suddenly in one day you loss your in you investment, altough you are rich may be in one day your money will be all gone and this saving will help you but it can't provide all of your loss, at least it can help you a little bit
That is exactly my points. Even if it will not help you or you dont need it for investment still you have a money if your money in investment will gone. It may help you to have a financial and make a business if you dont like business invest again.

I dont think saving will not help you because it is your money that you cut from your own salary and try not to use it so it will be useful in the future. But that saving is only thing that you can get by collecting in a long time and you need to try to invest on something good. But its just lke a gamble, if it gone then it will gone forever
No. Savings will great help even if you losses your money in investment still you try to invest and if you dont try how you will know that your money will loss or earn a profit? If you not save and you spend all of your salary monthly how you can get a money if you need it for emergencies or other purpose? Think of that, think if savings will not help us in the future.

I Agree.
If you have habbit of saving from the initial stage you will be holding great fund in future. So even if your investment goes wrong you atleast have something which can earn you living in future. If you have saved something that would be helpful for you at the time of emergencies.
Theres no negative in savings.  Savings are so very helpful to people who dont know what they are goin to do with their salary and your saving will be safe if you put it in the bank. It may avoid lost and it may avoid the possible things that will happened to your money

The problem is when banks start to stop being as safe as we previously thought. Banks can crash, bailout, get robbed, and negative interest is a bitch. So unless you really need it, you should do something with your money and not only keep it on the bank, unless you are rich enough to make decent gains from simple interest rates.

you don't necessarily need to store them in your bank account, you can leave them in your house in a safe box underground, well hided, the same thing you will do with a paper wallet...

the problem with fiat is that you can't save them for long time without losing value, because of the fact that bank keeps printing those like mad childrens, you are obbligated to invest in something

bitcoin instead is already an investment, because it has a store of value property
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

I Agree.
Theres no negative in savings.  Savings are so very helpful to people who dont know what they are goin to do with their salary and your saving will be safe if you put it in the bank. It may avoid lost and it may avoid the possible things that will happened to your money

I Agree.
Theres no negative in savings.  Savings are so very helpful to people who dont know what they are goin to do with their salary and your saving will be safe if you put it in the bank. It may avoid lost and it may avoid the possible things that will happened to your money
Activity: 533
Merit: 500

I Agree.

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
Saving it to bitcoins and exchanging it with altcoins, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank

im not sure about that to saving it to bitcoins and exchanging it with alctoins.
if you buy bitcoins to holding it. i agree, but no need exchange to altcoins. because altcoins is a high risk activity with volatile price movements.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Saving it to bitcoins and exchanging it with altcoins, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank

Why should you change it to altcoin? There is higher risk than bitcoin and the price is more complicated if you didnt pick altcoin well. You must need to know the altcoin things if you are going to invest in it but I dont suggest it. Its better you make only in bitcoin and the rest just trading it in market. I guess that will be better
Activity: 602
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Saving is the first thing that comes to mind if you think of investing in future. Without savings you will not be in position to invest and If u think from the middle class family point of view then they have only option of saving as their income is not higher they can't think of investment at that stage.

Without investing you will have nothing to save.

Let's say you are a 18 year old, with no job, and living on parents money. How would you start life?

If you have like 1000$, would you rather give it to a bankster on 1% interest rates, or give it to crypto currencies with a litte more risk but considerable better rewards.

The risk-reward ratio is favorable, its a good investment.
Activity: 546
Saving is the first thing that comes to mind if you think of investing in future. Without savings you will not be in position to invest and If u think from the middle class family point of view then they have only option of saving as their income is not higher they can't think of investment at that stage.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
save first priority investing is second
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
With sound money, first you save, then, when you have saved enough, you invest.

In the current situation, anything goes.
Wink save 75% and invest 25%.
If you get more than you've invested, just reinvest and save the remaining.
If you lose, atleast you'll have your 75% of money.

~Rude Boy

You dont invest to lose lol, investment means: carefully planned strategical money allocation

Investment should give you break even, or profit, there is no room for error and losses and it should not be  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
Wink save 75% and invest 25%.
If you get more than you've invested, just reinvest and save the remaining.
If you lose, atleast you'll have your 75% of money.

~Rude Boy

Good idea, to backup if lose your money in an investment
I agree with your for statment. but i think its better to invest 35 or 40%.

may be investing 35 to 40% will be easy for you!
But i cannot afford to loss such % of money  Roll Eyes

~Rude Boy

high risk high return
if cannot to loss your money. i think is it better to save your money in the bank
Activity: 631
Saving is the best as it is secured investment. On the other hand if You invest in real estate or stocks there are chances that it might be bad financial decision which may cause you loss in the future so its better to save as those savings will be helpful whenever you need at time of emergency.
Jump to: