Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 703. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 

If i could do it over, i would not have gone to university, i would have even quit school.

I would just waited until 2009 and saved money until then (probably asked some money from parents and would went to a low paying job), then buy bitcoin back in 2009 and now be filthy rich.

You always need your degree for the first thing to do in your life altough you said that you do a full time job for a bitcoin but the price is so volatile and are you going to sacrifice all things just to wait this bitcoing going high? Let say that you are rich for that time, are you gonna live only for that moment?

No i would have bought myself the things i`ve needed, then extracted a few more millions and put those in some safe investments in case bitcoin would be gone (i could not know the future in 2013). And i would have kept like 10-15 million $ in bitcoin just to see what happens with it.

I`m sure most of the bitcoin millionaires did the same, nobody just let all their earnings in bitcoin, and nobody converted them all back into fiat. All of them have hybrid portfolios by now.

How can you suppose to know what kind of things that you needed in a future if you didnt get your degree? And how you do that all things without any basic. Im sure if you go all like that you must be scammed by many people out there and there is no going back after you step outside. It depends on how are you going to do with this all stuffs, somebody let all their earning in bitcoin to try luck in it and have a bright future but some dont, so it doesnt mean that you have spare you will succeed it all depends on your hardwork too
Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

10 -15 million ti invest it bitcoin? you dont know how much much the price for bitcoin in the next few years and still you invest it like alot of them. It just wasting you money. If I were you, I sure make a useful things with that money and no need to spend it like this. Nope the millionaires didnt do the same as you did. They will plant everthing very cautious

Satoshi didnt sold his bitcoin, and i`m sure he is a multi millionaire, if not almost billionaire. So i`m sure most millionaires do the same.

C`mon i`ve seen videos on youtube, miners bought ferraris. Of course they spent their fortune, but i`m also sure they kept a few ten-thousand bitcoins just in case it will go much higher, besides they are comitted to bitcoin.

Otherwise, diversification is the best, i would have invested that money in other things too not just bitcoin, in case bitcoin collapses (very unlikely)

What good does it do to you when you're a millionaire on paper? If you have millions in Bitcoin but never cash out you're really as poor as the rest of them.
Only real things make you rich not money on your account.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
save if u want to be safe. invest if u want to increase the stash!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

10 -15 million ti invest it bitcoin? you dont know how much much the price for bitcoin in the next few years and still you invest it like alot of them. It just wasting you money. If I were you, I sure make a useful things with that money and no need to spend it like this. Nope the millionaires didnt do the same as you did. They will plant everthing very cautious

Satoshi didnt sold his bitcoin, and i`m sure he is a multi millionaire, if not almost billionaire. So i`m sure most millionaires do the same.

C`mon i`ve seen videos on youtube, miners bought ferraris. Of course they spent their fortune, but i`m also sure they kept a few ten-thousand bitcoins just in case it will go much higher, besides they are comitted to bitcoin.

Otherwise, diversification is the best, i would have invested that money in other things too not just bitcoin, in case bitcoin collapses (very unlikely)

What good does it do to you when you're a millionaire on paper? If you have millions in Bitcoin but never cash out you're really as poor as the rest of them.
Only real things make you rich not money on your account.

You dont understand me, i`m totally for buying things, but only with half of the money or quarter of it. Because things can be stolen and can be broken, so some numbers in an account are sometimes better and more robust.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 

If i could do it over, i would not have gone to university, i would have even quit school.

I would just waited until 2009 and saved money until then (probably asked some money from parents and would went to a low paying job), then buy bitcoin back in 2009 and now be filthy rich.

You always need your degree for the first thing to do in your life altough you said that you do a full time job for a bitcoin but the price is so volatile and are you going to sacrifice all things just to wait this bitcoing going high? Let say that you are rich for that time, are you gonna live only for that moment?

No i would have bought myself the things i`ve needed, then extracted a few more millions and put those in some safe investments in case bitcoin would be gone (i could not know the future in 2013). And i would have kept like 10-15 million $ in bitcoin just to see what happens with it.

I`m sure most of the bitcoin millionaires did the same, nobody just let all their earnings in bitcoin, and nobody converted them all back into fiat. All of them have hybrid portfolios by now.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
well as a reasenable person you should not invest all just like 25% prob and the 75% try to safe. but that its the amount of investment i do of course if you willing to invest 100% you need to porbe a very good investment in honest and trusted adminstrations.

Okay let me rephrase the question.  What would you do without insight into the future?  So assuming that you don't know which direction the markets and certain assets are going to go, to exploit for financial returns.

I would invest anyway, i was investing by then, when i was in college i played around with stocks. If i would knew that bitcoin was such a great investment i would have invested in it, it was very close but i missed it.  Sad
Activity: 364

Okay let me rephrase the question.  What would you do without insight into the future?  So assuming that you don't know which direction the markets and certain assets are going to go, to exploit for financial returns.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

Hahaha great idea. 2009 is the biggest valued of the bitcoin in the history so that he said that he save his money and not going to school to only buy a bitcoin. Grin

I finished college in 2010, and high school at 2005 so if i would have dropped out of highschool in 2003 because i could only drop out after 2 years.

Then i would have had 6 years to prepare myself to buy bitcoins, even if i would have lived on government welfare + some help from my parents, i would have easily saved like 1000$ (i live in a poor country) , so i would have made a few hundred million dollars from that:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/29/guy-named-koch-bought-5000-bitcoins-in-2009-for-27-now-worth-886000/
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

Hahaha great idea. 2009 is the biggest valued of the bitcoin in the history so that he said that he save his money and not going to school to only buy a bitcoin. Grin

Yes indeed, micro then macro and a bit of history of economics. I also took a masters degree specializing in financial markets (price,volatility, financial instruments), yet i cant believe i spent 5 years of my life studying propaganda when in reality i could have learned all that on the internet in 1-2 months.

It was as if its all basic knowledge, or in the sense that its true by default, not even questioning the whole system.

I mean the whole keynesian lectures were like: It's true because we say its true, argument from authority fallacy  Roll Eyes

And basically the entire education system is filled with arguments from authority, never questioning the root of the knowledge.

They dont tell you that central bank counterfeits money and lends it out to commercial banks that leverage it up 50-100x more and then lend it out at horrible 7-8% annual interest when they made that money out of this air, and then they expect that this printed money trickles down to the poor guy and helps him find a job. When in reality the poor people gets hurt by the most throught the wasteproduct called inflation.And if the poor guy can't pay his 7-8% mortgate they steal his real tangible house from him, so the banksters swapped counterfeited money into real assets, they are true criminals by all means.

(Keynesianism in a nutshell)

After realizing that i realized what a bullshit world this is filled with manipulators, tyrants and idiots who serve them.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
It is always good to save money, a penny saved is a penny gained, investment is a good option if you know what you are doing, invest in something which will pay you some constant profit. One example was Warren Buffet used to buy pool machines and placed it in barber shops which people played by inserting coins, soon the coins got him the roi and he he bought more machines with the profit, a constant profit yielding investment is good, do your research and do not fall for the many scams out there.

Well said that you are using Warren Buffet as a examples. Actually it will be a really good thing for you if you safe you money in but like Dokatels said is also true that next 5-10 years the value of our money is decrease day by day so it may not good for you too if you just safe it at the bank in along term. It must be better if you take take an investment so that you can get your fund back may be not in a long time

Saving in the banks will decreased the value of your money because, as years passes by the value of the money will be increased so that if you don't spend your money that in the bank its value will decreased . Example your money is 200$ if you put it in the bank after 5-10 years maybe its value is only 180$ . So that its better to invest although there a risk.

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
It is always good to save money, a penny saved is a penny gained, investment is a good option if you know what you are doing, invest in something which will pay you some constant profit. One example was Warren Buffet used to buy pool machines and placed it in barber shops which people played by inserting coins, soon the coins got him the roi and he he bought more machines with the profit, a constant profit yielding investment is good, do your research and do not fall for the many scams out there.
Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

I didn't invest for a few years, after getting burned in 2008, but interest rates are just too low to get anything out of a risk free investment.

No i`m from europe, but i guess all universities just copy+paste the same bullshit and feed it into the naive minds of students.

Yes the FED is just bluffing with their interest rate raise which is so stupid that i dont see how any experienced investor can fall for that.

If i were in the US i would invest in the stock market, because the dollar will go only down, doesnt matter how much rhetoric the FED puts, soon the QE4 will start to pump the stock market even higher.
I got economic degree and i can tell you its bullshit, all they teach there is stupid Keynesian money counterfeiting based economy, and a bit of classical Smith economy, still not sure how they can teach both of these 2 simulatenously when they contradict eachother.

Yes investing requires timing too, but if you are in for the long term picture, not like a short term speculator, then just pick the right stocks and wait.

I think gold stocks have potential, the manipulation is the reason why, because gold price is now held artificially low, it can go only higher than tat, although it would not invest in Gold mining sector , but rather vaults or coinery type companies, or those who melt gold bars, but only those which are located in safe countries, preferably in the Chinese influence zone.

Although I decided a while ago not to invest in the stock market anymore for obvious reasons, if i would, then i would do those i said in the previous posts.

Yeah I learned the same.  I took some micro and macro but ended up specializing in finance.  There was no lecture on anything non-Keynesian.  There was also nothing on the history of money, how FIAT came about.  Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

I didn't invest for a few years, after getting burned in 2008, but interest rates are just too low to get anything out of a risk free investment.

Yes indeed, micro then macro and a bit of history of economics. I also took a masters degree specializing in financial markets (price,volatility, financial instruments), yet i cant believe i spent 5 years of my life studying propaganda when in reality i could have learned all that on the internet in 1-2 months.

It was as if its all basic knowledge, or in the sense that its true by default, not even questioning the whole system.

I mean the whole keynesian lectures were like: It's true because we say its true, argument from authority fallacy  Roll Eyes

And basically the entire education system is filled with arguments from authority, never questioning the root of the knowledge.

They dont tell you that central bank counterfeits money and lends it out to commercial banks that leverage it up 50-100x more and then lend it out at horrible 7-8% annual interest when they made that money out of this air, and then they expect that this printed money trickles down to the poor guy and helps him find a job. When in reality the poor people gets hurt by the most throught the wasteproduct called inflation.And if the poor guy can't pay his 7-8% mortgate they steal his real tangible house from him, so the banksters swapped counterfeited money into real assets, they are true criminals by all means.

(Keynesianism in a nutshell)

After realizing that i realized what a bullshit world this is filled with manipulators, tyrants and idiots who serve them.
I got economic degree and i can tell you its bullshit, all they teach there is stupid Keynesian money counterfeiting based economy, and a bit of classical Smith economy, still not sure how they can teach both of these 2 simulatenously when they contradict eachother.

Yes investing requires timing too, but if you are in for the long term picture, not like a short term speculator, then just pick the right stocks and wait.

I think gold stocks have potential, the manipulation is the reason why, because gold price is now held artificially low, it can go only higher than tat, although it would not invest in Gold mining sector , but rather vaults or coinery type companies, or those who melt gold bars, but only those which are located in safe countries, preferably in the Chinese influence zone.

Although I decided a while ago not to invest in the stock market anymore for obvious reasons, if i would, then i would do those i said in the previous posts.

Yeah I learned the same.  I took some micro and macro but ended up specializing in finance.  There was no lecture on anything non-Keynesian.  There was also nothing on the history of money, how FIAT came about.  Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

Jump to: