Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 704. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

I'm not sure how much an economics degree would even help in investing.  I studied economics as part of my degree, and I can't really say it helps me much in the market.  It's good to understand the theories, but even top economists are pretty bullshit.  None of them saw the 2008 financial crisis until it was too late.  Only the Austrian economists/some libertarians saw it, and they didn't teach that in university.  With trading, timing is key.  Investing in a shit stock with good timing will yield returns.  Investing in a great stock with bad timing won't.

Banking, telecom and technology is what I like.  I liked gold too, but the price of gold and how easily it's manipulated by paper contracts is something I don't like.

Just take the rich guy's stock - Berkshire.

I got economic degree and i can tell you its bullshit, all they teach there is stupid Keynesian money counterfeiting based economy, and a bit of classical Smith economy, still not sure how they can teach both of these 2 simulatenously when they contradict eachother.

Yes investing requires timing too, but if you are in for the long term picture, not like a short term speculator, then just pick the right stocks and wait.

I think gold stocks have potential, the manipulation is the reason why, because gold price is now held artificially low, it can go only higher than tat, although it would not invest in Gold mining sector , but rather vaults or coinery type companies, or those who melt gold bars, but only those which are located in safe countries, preferably in the Chinese influence zone.

Although I decided a while ago not to invest in the stock market anymore for obvious reasons, if i would, then i would do those i said in the previous posts.
Activity: 364

If it was easy to invest in the stock market, then everyone would be rich if they felt like being in the stock market.  With interest rates as low as they are, you could even lever up and multiply your returns.

I agree with you that the monetary expansion is pumping the stock market, but there are still many people that have negative returns.

I also agree that the economy will implode if the money printing stops, and I've thought that way for years.  But at the end of the day the Fed is a one trick pony.  The universal solution to any problem is keep that printing press going.  So while I understand there is a possibility of a crash, I still keep a certain % of funds hedged with the banksters and rich folks.

Well yea, you also have to choose the industry to invest in, maybe a little bit of skill, but not so much as you would not need an economic degree to do it.

I mean i would not invest in the baker industry or some random shit like that. Invest in the industry where you know the most money will go: Banking Sector, Telecom, Gold Mining, Software companies, other Private Investor groups closely tied to the banking sector.

If i were you i would just check 1 of a rich guys portfolio and copy paste it.

I'm not sure how much an economics degree would even help in investing.  I studied economics as part of my degree, and I can't really say it helps me much in the market.  It's good to understand the theories, but even top economists are pretty bullshit.  None of them saw the 2008 financial crisis until it was too late.  Only the Austrian economists/some libertarians saw it, and they didn't teach that in university.  With trading, timing is key.  Investing in a shit stock with good timing will yield returns.  Investing in a great stock with bad timing won't.

Banking, telecom and technology is what I like.  I liked gold too, but the price of gold and how easily it's manipulated by paper contracts is something I don't like.

Just take the rich guy's stock - Berkshire.
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
I guess it depends in what contry you live in and what the banks are like.
I would never bank my savings in a country like Greece where they just take your money when the country is in trouble. There is alao a lot of places worse than Greece for banking.
Gold is always a safe bet for investment but as others have said bitcoin has better growth potenial.
As always only invest what you can afford to lose.

Yeah like what other country would not do the same in their position? The other countries are just lucky that they are not in the same position, but they would do the same.

Which they will do soon enough, the greece problem is not local, its the same everywhere in the world,and soon other countries will have problems too.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
I guess it depends in what contry you live in and what the banks are like.
I would never bank my savings in a country like Greece where they just take your money when the country is in trouble. There is alao a lot of places worse than Greece for banking.
Gold is always a safe bet for investment but as others have said bitcoin has better growth potenial.
As always only invest what you can afford to lose.

If it was easy to invest in the stock market, then everyone would be rich if they felt like being in the stock market.  With interest rates as low as they are, you could even lever up and multiply your returns.

I agree with you that the monetary expansion is pumping the stock market, but there are still many people that have negative returns.

I also agree that the economy will implode if the money printing stops, and I've thought that way for years.  But at the end of the day the Fed is a one trick pony.  The universal solution to any problem is keep that printing press going.  So while I understand there is a possibility of a crash, I still keep a certain % of funds hedged with the banksters and rich folks.

Well yea, you also have to choose the industry to invest in, maybe a little bit of skill, but not so much as you would not need an economic degree to do it.

I mean i would not invest in the baker industry or some random shit like that. Invest in the industry where you know the most money will go: Banking Sector, Telecom, Gold Mining, Software companies, other Private Investor groups closely tied to the banking sector.

If i were you i would just check 1 of a rich guys portfolio and copy paste it.

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding central banksters to print money and pump up the stock markets artificially, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.

Hey I corrected you, its very easy to invest in stock markets, you dont need jackass knowledge, since all stocks are pumped, just pick 20-30 stocks randomly in a basket and you have a good portfolio.

Of course once the printed money faucet dries up, expect some nasty crashes that will wipe our your investments, like in every 8 year cycle.

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding central banksters to print money and pump up the stock markets artificially, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.

Hey I corrected you, its very easy to invest in stock markets, you dont need jackass knowledge, since all stocks are pumped, just pick 20-30 stocks randomly in a basket and you have a good portfolio.

Of course once the printed money faucet dries up, expect some nasty crashes that will wipe our your investments, like in every 8 year cycle.

But in countries like India, Banks are giving 7-10% annual interest rate depending upon the amount, bank and maturity tenure. So that's not very bad compare to what you are refereeing to.

Thats being done because the inflation is eating it up. You got 1 billion people there that some need welfare, of course your government will print money.

You always have to look at the net interest rate. If you inflation is like 50% and your government gives your 51% on deposits, you dont get 51% return you only get 1% return....

So yea. If your annual interest is like 10%, then the inflation is easily 7-8%, so you also get only 2%, and good luck with that becoming rich lol....
It is not always to become rich, some people are just afraid to lose any money, they are fine with only keeping their money 'safe' in bank where it could grow a little above inflation.
Investing is about earning and saving is about security. These are 2 different things. Of course you won't get rich just by saving money...
Saving in the banks will decreased the value of your money because, as years passes by the value of the money will be increased so that if you don't spend your money that in the bank its value will decreased . Example your money is 200$ if you put it in the bank after 5-10 years maybe its value is only 180$ . So that its better to invest although there a risk.

It's best to diversify and hold a series of assets, some on BTC and some in some decent business. For the very rich it makes sense to have it on banks since they benefit decently enough from the interest rates, for the average joe is pretty useless if you want to have a chance to make decent money.

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.

It is not always to become rich, some people are just afraid to lose any money, they are fine with only keeping their money 'safe' in bank where it could grow a little above inflation.
Investing is about earning and saving is about security. These are 2 different things. Of course you won't get rich just by saving money...

It is about getting rich if i`d have like 1 billion $ i could not care about making money, i`d just buy some short term Russian or Chinese bonds and i`d be happy with it JUST to beat inflation. Why because later on as the western bonds become useless, the biggest investments will be made in Asia so i`d buy those bonds.

If i`d want to become rich, i`d forget about bonds, and i`d focus more on crypto currencies, because they have a much higher ROI potential.

Som coins make 5000% returns in 1 month, thats the wild west baby, and i`m in Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

Saving money is always good if you dont have any safe option to invest as blindly investing can lead you to big losses, best is to do great research and invest wisely in things that will pay you in a regular manner like a buying a house and giving it to rent. You get monthly rent as well as you hold the asset in your name and it is  a great investment.
Make many assets so that you can earn more profits. even if your investment will loss you have another income like house rental, business, and advertisement. This will help you to not be outweigh in the business or you money will grow even if it is not fast.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128

Saving money is always good if you dont have any safe option to invest as blindly investing can lead you to big losses, best is to do great research and invest wisely in things that will pay you in a regular manner like a buying a house and giving it to rent. You get monthly rent as well as you hold the asset in your name and it is  a great investment.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

But in countries like India, Banks are giving 7-10% annual interest rate depending upon the amount, bank and maturity tenure. So that's not very bad compare to what you are refereeing to.

Thats being done because the inflation is eating it up. You got 1 billion people there that some need welfare, of course your government will print money.

You always have to look at the net interest rate. If you inflation is like 50% and your government gives your 51% on deposits, you dont get 51% return you only get 1% return....

So yea. If your annual interest is like 10%, then the inflation is easily 7-8%, so you also get only 2%, and good luck with that becoming rich lol....
Saving in the banks will decreased the value of your money because, as years passes by the value of the money will be increased so that if you don't spend your money that in the bank its value will decreased . Example your money is 200$ if you put it in the bank after 5-10 years maybe its value is only 180$ . So that its better to invest although there a risk.

It's best to diversify and hold a series of assets, some on BTC and some in some decent business. For the very rich it makes sense to have it on banks since they benefit decently enough from the interest rates, for the average joe is pretty useless if you want to have a chance to make decent money.

I am not denying that it is better to invest money if you want to have visible profits. I am just saying, that some people are just afraid to do so because there is risk involved in that process.
There are pretty low risk options open for investors but nonetheless you  can lose part of your money.
They worried about their money because maybe that is the first investment that they will join and they worried that if their money not earn and it loss they money that they hard work for it will only loss in just a few months or a year.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

I am not denying that it is better to invest money if you want to have visible profits. I am just saying, that some people are just afraid to do so because there is risk involved in that process.
There are pretty low risk options open for investors but nonetheless you  can lose part of your money.

legendary
Activity: 1400

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

See warren Buffet, he wouldn't be so rich if he had been saving his money for all this time instead of investing Smiley
Don't invest what you can't afford to loose  Invest responsibly!

Happy Investing  Happy Money-Making

The problem is to predict an exact time to invest and the right time to withdraw it.
For me, I better save it rather than invest ( low risk and low interest ) But if you have much money,  Invest will be a good option although it contains high risk also high interest

Yeah thats why you have to learn from the expert trying to invest and do it in a right time and a right place too. If you plan to save it in the bank you only get so low interest can't even buy things from it because you must pay the administration fee and other things but if you know how to invest you really get a lot of it and sure its a high risk but high gain
Its all  depend to the owner of money he/she can decide what she/he will do to their money. If  they want to have a big money and they want to earn a profit in their money they must should invest,but if they want to keep or to have a extra cash so that they can have a money if theres a emergencies they must should save. Its all depend on the owner of money.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

See warren Buffet, he wouldn't be so rich if he had been saving his money for all this time instead of investing Smiley

The problem is to predict an exact time to invest and the right time to withdraw it.
For me, I better save it rather than invest ( low risk and low interest ) But if you have much money,  Invest will be a good option although it contains high risk also high interest

Yeah thats why you have to learn from the expert trying to invest and do it in a right time and a right place too. If you plan to save it in the bank you only get so low interest can't even buy things from it because you must pay the administration fee and other things but if you know how to invest you really get a lot of it and sure its a high risk but high gain
legendary
Activity: 1274

Bank rates always lower than country enflasion points. Thats how banks makes money

I disagree with your observation. Banks lend money at higher rates than they give to their depositors. That is how they make profits. For example, if a depositor is paid 4.5% per year interest by the bank, it might charge 7% or higher for the loans which it gives out.

NO! Here is how it really works:

1) Central bank counterfeits money directly and lends it at 0-1% interest rate to commercial banks
2) Commercial bank gets that counterfeited money in loans, and then lends out 100x more of it than he got (fractional reserve), made up from air, at 7-8% interest  to suckers
3) Average Joe takes a house loan at 7% interest
4) Average Joe cant pay the house loan, so the banks confiscates his house
5) The bank got a real house in exchange for printed air money.

So basically all the banking sector does is counterfeits money.

Thats how the banking ponzi scheme works  Smiley
Jump to: