Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 710. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 255
Bank gives low interest investing in real estate is good idea. Investment in stockmarket also gives good returns but it is risky.
Activity: 804
Merit: 500
DAO ↔ DApp
@all

Do you think participating in The 420 Alliance Joint Force [DAO] Store would be a form of investing?
read more... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpre-launchicodao-the-420-alliance-joint-force-store-967364

Do you see DAOs & crypto jobs as a growth sector?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
It depends on many factors.
First of all it depends on how much money you have. It also depends on the current economic situation as well as on prospects of the company you invest in
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
depends on your personal situation. never put all your eggs in one basket  Smiley

i always keep in mind this quote  Wink the only way to success
Activity: 40
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Depends on how much you have  Grin

I'd go with banks and online investments 70/30

BTW has anyone ever worked with mutual funds? I'm very interested to know more about it. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is a bitcoin forum and I would always opt for crypto before gold.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
Save it in Bitcoin :p that's what I'm gonna start doing, hopefully it will turn out well..
Ive been doing this for months and you eventually get bored and will want to try to invest or gamble or somehow grow your bitcoins beyond buying small amounts monthly.
I only have small amounts, I have barely any Bitcoin now due to trading, but my next payment is tomorrow which will mostly go into savings.

I would not gamble and would only invest if you know exactly what your doing.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Save it in Bitcoin :p that's what I'm gonna start doing, hopefully it will turn out well..
Ive been doing this for months and you eventually get bored and will want to try to invest or gamble or somehow grow your bitcoins beyond buying small amounts monthly.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
If you want to win big you got to gamble big...so my money is on investing but sensible investing. But if are happy with where you are then you can use SAFE DEPOSIT BOX I guess...

Gambling can give you insane amount of returns but also gives you an insane amount of risks involved. If you are brave enough to face those risks and believe that you can beat the house or other players then do it. It's your money after all.

Statistically you lose with gambling, but you can always beat that odd... I would only gamble if I was legit rich, like Dan Bilzerian and Floyd Mayweather, these guys gamble for fun and can deal with the loses, and sometimes make huge wins.

But unfortunately, most people don't have the money and are not considered as "legit rich." You can beat the odds, true, but over time, the house always wins. If you look into gambling as a serious moneymaker, well, be prepared to get wrecked every time you enter a session of gambling. It is always better to invest into something that gains value over time (like real estate, hectares of lands, jewelry, etc.) than to invest in gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
If you want to win big you got to gamble big...so my money is on investing but sensible investing. But if are happy with where you are then you can use SAFE DEPOSIT BOX I guess...

Gambling can give you insane amount of returns but also gives you an insane amount of risks involved. If you are brave enough to face those risks and believe that you can beat the house or other players then do it. It's your money after all.

Statistically you lose with gambling, but you can always beat that odd... I would only gamble if I was legit rich, like Dan Bilzerian and Floyd Mayweather, these guys gamble for fun and can deal with the loses, and sometimes make huge wins.
legendary
Cashback 15%

Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
legendary
Cashback 15%
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

It is better if you look for an investment that will surely gain interest over time. The most important thing about investing is that never invest in an investment that will lose value over time. Real estate--as you have stated--is a good investment imo. As the places to live in this world goes crowded as time goes by, the value of living in these spaces will surely grow too.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
depends on your personal situation. never put all your eggs in one basket  Smiley
Activity: 326
I have always preferred to invest my money. That's the only way to grow it. You can invest in other businesses, your own business, etc. Doesn't have to be bitcoin or one thing in particular. A diversified portfolio is usually best.
Activity: 42
Investment means giving the money to someone who uses it for their business and pays you back a dividend (and you normally get some kind of share that can be sold later). Think stocks.

"Save in bank" is actually a kind of investment. You give money to the bank, they use it for their business and give you a small interest (if at all) as dividend, and you can withdraw your money. With current interest rates, this is pretty boring, the only advantage compared to keeping money in a safe at home is that it's easier to do most types of payment, and that you don't need your own safe...

Buying precious metals is not an investment because those metals won't work with the money you paid for them. It's mostly speculation (you hope that you can sell it for a higher price) and safekeeping (real value of money can fall due to inflation, while precious metals will mostly retain their "real" value). But you need to consider storage fees.

To decide which is better you need to know what you consider "good".
Do you want to maximize your ROI? Do you want to store your wealth safely? Do you want to enable entrepreneurs to build their businesses?

Onkel Paul

I have learned much from your explaination. Sincere thanks !
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
better to invest in bitcoin, gold maybe more secure, but bitcoin has more potential to grow

saving money in the bank, will only mean losing them in the long-term with the current high inflation

I would think bitcoin operates under the same guise, if you look recently into bitcoin it gained fame becausse of how expensive it was (Like over 1000$) but now it has tanked way below that, because of the overabundance, and therefore a type of inflation.  I would think investing in something more physical would be worthwhile, instead of money type things.  Like a house, it may dip a lot but it will always come back up, you just have to be patient. 

i would say invest in time, and earn money, like find a job that pay in bitcoin or join a signature campaign, everything that convert your time in money is the best solution right now

physical thing to invest in are ok, but i would prefer a land/farm land instead of an house
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

It depends on your long term expectations and risk analyze. If you want to take a reasonable risk/profit ratio you can invest in Bitcoin. It takes 3 to 5 years to get %200 profit.
Right now I'm putting %25 of my monthly wage into Bitcoin. I never sell them coins. (I have separate amount for trading though.) When I see the time has come I will sell them. (Probably 4Q this year)
Real estate is risky in my country because there's a balloon now. Prices should have to decrease at least half. I won't invest in real estate in this circumstances.
Don't forget, it's all about timing. You have to go in and out at the right time. Wink
Activity: 28

It's up to your ability. If you are a good trading you should invest it while the opposite is saving it
Jump to: