Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 69. (Read 35101 times)

copper member
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
If bitcoins and other crypto currencies are not like other similar things, then what exactly are they? The best possible comparison could be with the internet boom and dotcom that occurred in the late 1990s. Just like the internet, crypto currency contains innovation and continues to grow.they are experimenting with how to maintain public data (otherwise known as blockchain) without any party intervention. The Georgian state, for example, uses technology to secure government records. Blockchain is a medium for further experimenting. For example can be seen Ethereum.the media ethereum allows all types of projects ranging from the online marketplace to video games to raise funds by issuing tokens (a tradable personal currency that can be traded and used in the project or ICO). Media such as ICO need to be well maintained. ICO can also invite further innovation in its development.bitcoin enthusiasts hope they will encourage a new era of revival against oligopoly technologies like Facebook and Amazon.
This may look like inviting a dangerous innovation. Investors can lose it all. Falling on one asset can have a domino effect, creating problems with the financial system.but actually in the context of crypto currency, such risks are very small. It's hard to argue if those who buy bitcoin or crypto currency do not realize the risk given the independence of this digital currency system, the spread of the virus could happen.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
i
No one can tell. But I hope not. I just get started earning in bitcoin and I am enjoying doing this. It really help me a lot in many ways. Maybe it can lower the value but I hope not to lose its value. But whatever happens we should ready ourselves and don't expect too much on it and don't rely yourself on it because we never knew when it will be gone.
In our time maybe it will not happent to Bitcoin, because it become more powerfull coming from a downfall, it learn the mistake on what happened that time thats is why it become stronger, and even being recognized to some country as legal currency because of trust.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
yes it have fixed number so if you have many people want it it will lost it value or some one hacked  it
Activity: 182
No one can tell. But I hope not. I just get started earning in bitcoin and I am enjoying doing this. It really help me a lot in many ways. Maybe it can lower the value but I hope not to lose its value. But whatever happens we should ready ourselves and don't expect too much on it and don't rely yourself on it because we never knew when it will be gone.
Activity: 322
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Bitcoin can lose its value only as a last resort when a great catastrophe happens and the Internet disappears or another currency appears that will displace it.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Very possible, as it has the tendencies of rising in value so it could also loss its value.
Maybe it can lose but not in zero value because there were lots of lost coins and unretrieved wallets with so much coins. So bitcoin will never be in the line of 0 because of that.
It is impossible that bitcoin become zero at all, sometimes it happens that prices will goes down but it will back to its normal price. As we know that some big countries are making this kind of currency into legal, it means that bitcoin have a big possibility  that it will spread worldwide and being used as investment. Because they know already that, their will be a big profit in return if they get through it.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
Very possible, as it has the tendencies of rising in value so it could also loss its value.
Maybe it can lose but not in zero value because there were lots of lost coins and unretrieved wallets with so much coins. So bitcoin will never be in the line of 0 because of that.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

I agree and take your advice since I am also new in bitcoin. And also I think that bitcoin can really lose it's value after some time because just like any forms of investments, it all depends on the economic status and most specially the users of which.
Bitcoins are not going to lose their value that soon. Though the digital currencies have volatile nature but that does not mean bitcoins are going to dump hard to 1k dollar again. That’s not possible now. From now onwards even if bitcoins dump, they won’t let holders go panic.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
It's possible for any currency to lose its' value – whether it's the US dollar, Bitcoin, Euro, or any other currency for that matter.
Activity: 1296
Merit: 294
''Vincit qui se vincit''
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Its very hard now to lose its value, money is the source of all power and bitcoins system is qualified to that matter. All people that understand what and how can bitcoin change the monetary system will stash more for the future, that is why bitcoins value cannot dump like 5-6 years.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
Bitcoin can lose its value, but it's hard for bitcoin to lose even 50% its value. If there's a new technology that's better than bitcoin, then that will make bitcoin lose its value.

According to advertising concept; it reflects the fact that something is similar, it is actually a good thing, there are many subcodes right now, many of them are really naughty.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

I agree and take your advice since I am also new in bitcoin. And also I think that bitcoin can really lose it's value after some time because just like any forms of investments, it all depends on the economic status and most specially the users of which.
It may happen but I cannot see the chances of this thing to happen and that too for a decade or two at least. This is just the start of it, and people have just managed to start investing in it and so is the market. So, saying this that Bitcoin will lose its worth will not be justified. All I can see is a bright future of the Bitcoin and its believers.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
One of a kind

Activity: 434

Yes, good explanation! Bitcoin may only lose it value when there are so much bitcoin dump in the market. As long as people hold their bitcoins on normal being there would be no drop on bitcoin value. Bitcoin will only lose value when people keep selling excessive amount of bitcoin daily which not really going to happen unless something really bad happen on the market.
This is true not only for bitcoin but for anything, the more people that are selling their bitcoin and the bigger supply of bitcoin the greater the decrease in price but it is difficult to produce a panic so big that causes people to sell their holdings like that.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes it is possible to bitcoin to lose it's value or probably go back when the price was only $2 everything is posdible with regards to the value of bitcoin because it's very unpredictable

Unpredictable as it is, i don't think it would lose valie that much that it would plunge to even below 2 or 3k now. Everything's possible but he likelihood of bitcoin going all the way down in slim with this many supporters now
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
Yes it is possible to bitcoin to lose it's value or probably go back when the price was only $2 everything is posdible with regards to the value of bitcoin because it's very unpredictable
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
It is surely possible for bitcoin but according to various research and possibilities, i I don't think bitcoin can drop below 2000$ now. Many new users have started making there future in bitcoin field and the investments goes on. If makes bitcoin to go on a huge height. For now, possibly bitcoin can surely increase upto 10,000$ in few months as we all saw a immense price jump to 4000$+. Bitcoin can't go back now as it has many expectations of many peoples globally. Bitcoin has became the global digital currency. Also many users have invested millions of money in purchasing costly mining equipments.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
Bitcoin can lose its value, but it's hard for bitcoin to lose even 50% its value. If there's a new technology that's better than bitcoin, then that will make bitcoin lose its value.
Truly said. You never know what will going to be happen. But if we see the past, then we need not to worry that Bitcoin will lose its value. Even if comes the downfall, Bitcoin will still manage to give profit to its investors.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Bitcoin can lose its value, just the same way everything loses its value when something bad happens e.g house, car, wife. The only thing that is assured right now is that although bitcoin can lose its value its not yet time for it to do so
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i guess it is not possible as the bitcoin price today many of the traders still trades it, and we all know that many countries supporting this coin and no one will stop this bitcoin for sure, that's for sure.
the price of the bitcoin is increasing and it is not possible to make it down because it is increasing in the power as well. We really don’t know what will happen in the future but now it is at the highest of its price and it is not go down for more than 5 or 6 years. If it will go down then it will be a bad surprise because there is a reason for it to happen because bitcoin is already gone so high so it will take a lot of time to get down.

bitcoin reach the highest level of price that i ever know and i am very happy to heard it. bitcoin has so huge of users and with all of bitcoin's users they will not do anything if the price of bitcoin will go down (whenever it possible) it means their assets will lose.
Nowadays, bitcoin has become increasing its value. This means there is more demand and more users into bitcoin.  Exactly, we really dont know what might gonna happen in the upcoming years about bitcoin. But one thing I can see and observe for now it will not lose it's value the more users the value will continue to increase.
Bitcoins are new in the world and they are going to last till the world ahs internet. I don’t know why people are really worried about bitcoins’ losing their values. Nothing like that is going to happen. They are going to flourish beyond our imaginations. We should just wait and watch.
If still have people using Bitcoin on the world, the value of Bitcoin never = zero. We do not need worry about far future government ban Bitcoin, they do not stupid ignore a big opportunity can helps their economy growth like Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: