Pages:
Author

Topic: is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments? - page 22. (Read 22565 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
According to conspiracy theory, Is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments to gain financial strength in the modern world?
This simply cannot be purely logical. No government benefits from the existence of a decentralized cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency and governments have completely different views and interests in the world of finance. It seems to me that if governments could, they would destroy the decentralized cryptocurrency now. What is the point of governments creating something that will fight with their centralization? No, the governments did not exactly create cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
As far as I know, the government has no interference in making bitcoin, so until that time the government does not make bitcoin but to support it like that so it can grow rapidly
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
Doubtful, if they did the early mined coins would have already been moved.  They wouldn't of just sat on 20 billion dollars worth of btc at the peak.  Governments would of banned it but because of the decentralized nature there is not a single party they could go after.
For sure,government is not under the creation of decentralized payment system,because it is literally against them so it maybe created by someone from government but it is not going to be any support from the government if they want they can make it centralized and advertise it as new technology the everyone will started to use it already.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
According to conspiracy theory, Is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments to gain financial strength in the modern world?
We cannot really tell since the founder has remain in anonymous and no one has really had from the founder except very few people at the early stages.  It is possible that government might be using bitcoin to meet up with the demand of contemporary world. 
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
I don't think that will ever happen because if the government makes bitcoin itself it will only make the place of price manipulation and the government will control the prices that are in place of exchange and will make many traders lose.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
It can be made by the government but they will not be interested in creating a decentralized system and anonymous users. because they cannot monitor it and take taxes from each transaction.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
Doubtful, if they did the early mined coins would have already been moved.  They wouldn't of just sat on 20 billion dollars worth of btc at the peak.  Governments would of banned it but because of the decentralized nature there is not a single party they could go after.
copper member
Activity: 200
Merit: 7

Why would any government create such a platform and hide their identity? I believe bitcoin is not created by the government there is no possibility of government involvement in the creation of bitcoin.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
So far no one knows clearly the blockchain system created by individuals, namely satoshi nakamoto or from a government and also a company. but I don't think too much about it because for me if it's useful and can provide income then I will support it
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
The people behind this conspiracy does not even understand how bitcoin works and so is the reason they are coming up with these sort of laughable things, the governments around the world like to control everything into their grip and they will do anything to  accomplish that and bitcoin does the opposite, it opens for free trade around the globe without any obstacle and that is the basis of bitcoin and no government wants that to happen, its like saying google facebook and twitter are created by the government to monitor each and every activity, initially it started as a useful service for the people but the government intervened and started gathering data from them and reduced the privacy of each and every individual. It might happen in the crypto space but they cannot control the free trade aspect of it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114

While everything is possible in this life, I don't see a reason governments to create something which is competitor to their money, cannot be controlled by them and cannot be 'minted' by them like fiat money?

As I'm seeing it, this is no more than conspiracy theory.
It does not even reach that point, at least some conspiracy theories despite their wild claims make some kind of sense, but the theory that bitcoin was created by a government does not have any kind of support for example, governments already have the exclusive right to print fiat, with bitcoin anyone with the right hardware can mine bitcoin, fiat can be printed without any limit, bitcoin has a limit in the amount of coins that will be created, governments can take away your fiat in bank accounts, they cannot do the same with bitcoin, I could go on but you get my point.

I dont see conspiracy theory if government create their own cryptocurrency because it should not called as crypto but digital money. As long controlled by government, that "crypto" still fiat money and the price controlled by central banks. Cryptocurrency should be decentralized and no government involve in the project

I agree on what burogh said . if crypto is really built by government then crypto should not be called crypto at the first place because that is sounds ugly imo . they can rather be called digital money or virtual money but even today crypto can sometimes be called a virtual money and digital money  .  i guess that also depend on the person if what name he prefer.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO

While everything is possible in this life, I don't see a reason governments to create something which is competitor to their money, cannot be controlled by them and cannot be 'minted' by them like fiat money?

It does not even reach that point, at least some conspiracy theories despite their wild claims make some kind of sense, but the theory that bitcoin was created by a government does not have any kind of support for example, governments already have the exclusive right to print fiat, with bitcoin anyone with the right hardware can mine bitcoin, fiat can be printed without any limit, bitcoin has a limit in the amount of coins that will be created, governments can take away your fiat in bank accounts, they cannot do the same with bitcoin, I could go on but you get my point.

I dont see conspiracy theory if government create their own cryptocurrency because it should not called as crypto but digital money. As long controlled by government, that "crypto" still fiat money and the price controlled by central banks. Cryptocurrency should be decentralized and no government involve in the project
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
www.savedroid.com
Very possible, but I don't see any signs like that, because if this Government project, it may not be the secret to tens of years. the Government is not good at storing secrets. too many people have an interest in the governance structure.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Government is against decentralization or any currency that they can't control so it is impossible that a government created bitcoin. Bitcoin would have been easily legalized also if government created and there is no need to ban it or implement a strict regulation. If government want to create their own cryptocurrency, i believe it will be centralized.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 355

I dont think so. Because if the government made this cryptocurrency secretly, im sure other countries are aware with that also secretly. Its like having A secret intelligence between leaders and if that so,crypto should be legal worldwide and all of us have a freedom to use it.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Your conspiracy theory is not true Dude if you don't have anything serious to discuss please stop bringing this kind of on founded statement just because you want to increase the number of your post.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

Activity: 910
Merit: 257
Which conspiracy theory are you pointing out? People who know bitcoin know that it is Satoshi Nakamoto who invented bitcoin but as to his personal identity, it is still unclear until now if he is a real person or just a pseudonym which is a person behind famous digital currency called bitcoin. If it is to strengthen financial aspect of the modern world, I doubt it because until now banks and governments are still against wide adoption of bitcoin. just my opinion.

I agree. I think a government can be an entity like anyone else that has the capacity to actually create its own coin. Remember, a government has two capacities, one public and one private. In its private capacity, it can be compared to any business entity that can be a developer of cryptocurrencies as much it can also be a controller of it in its public capacity to safeguard the public. What I am point out here is that as much as private people or companies can create their own, a government can too. And mind you, it can be a more powerful developer because it has all the tools to market and make people use its coin since governments are great influencers.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
Not really, if that's true now a financial war could have taken place between countries to take the control of the cryptocurrency network. If it wasn't created by a single person then it could've got created by a team of members and not by governments who always love to be monopoly. Also there is no data stating it is created by a government or government authority.
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
P2P to fiat exchange & wallet -- www.totalcoin.io
Well, if we're going to dive into the "tinfoil-hat" zone about goverments & cryptocurrencies, then we will have to ask ourselves these questions:
1) If a goverment created Bitcoin, what was the purpose ?
2) If a goverment created Bitcoin, why do we see so much resistance from the legal side of it ? Why it wasn't easily legalized by the 1st world countries (at least)

It could be plausbile, i am not fully denying it, but it seems to be more believable that Satoshi is just a pseudonym of a chinese criminal guy that made a good amount of cash out of it (because crypto was mostly used by enthusiasts and later picked up by the deep web criminals, before gaining so much attention & capitalization).
Pages:
Jump to: