Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it time to get rid of Linux/JavaScript/Python kids? - page 2. (Read 6913 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
No. It doesn't. It offends you. Speech in public has no bearing on your actions, save what you make of it. Thoughts are not evil in themselves, and the transmission of them is how people are naturally equipped to interact. Aggression is ACTION, not speech.
So you are classifying speech/communication as inaction then?

So yelling "allahu akbar" like a crazy in a crowed train station, and thereby cursing panic, is inaction? Cool, good to know!

Yelling "allahu akbar", is fine. Acting crazy and appearing dangerous is not.
are you telling me how to act? are you limiting my actions?

may i not dress up in a jacket filled with red sausages, and open it while yelling that i love god in a foreign language in a crowed train station?

It will be extremely dangerous for you if I'm there. I'm an atheist with an addiction to hotdogs.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
No. It doesn't. It offends you. Speech in public has no bearing on your actions, save what you make of it. Thoughts are not evil in themselves, and the transmission of them is how people are naturally equipped to interact. Aggression is ACTION, not speech.

So yelling "allahu akbar" like a crazy in a crowed train station, and thereby cursing panic, is inaction? Cool, good to know!

may i not dress up in a jacket filled with red sausages, and open it while yelling that i love god in a foreign language in a crowed train station?
That does sound dangerous though. In some countries this is called public disturbance. Anything that falls into this category isn't acceptable in these kind of countries.
yes, but we are talking NAP without a state here.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

That does sound dangerous though. In some countries this is called public disturbance. Anything that falls into this category isn't acceptable in these kind of countries.
legendary
You are WRONG!

donator
Poor impulse control.

legendary
You are WRONG!

donator
Poor impulse control.
[ ... ]
Me, I prefer a layered approach to the NAP as a practical matter. [ ... ]

I prefer the sunday siesta approach to the NAP myself. Anyway, all this talk about sleep methodology is OT.

Now where were we in this thread again? Oh, that's right. Let the slagfest continue!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Just curious, do you two really consider me to be the dickwad, here?
i do.
Not that I care, but why?
I don't see what makes him a dickwad
(I didn't go through all the pages though)
a) his reply(it hurts me very deeply Cry)
If I thought you were capable of feeling emotions, I might believe you.
Great! now you don't even understand what lack of emphaty means.
You just getting stupider and stupider...

b) he can't see that NAP is inconsistent, and refuses to accept that a state can be a good choice. Explaining it with his "fact" about states, with that it kills people who chooses not to behave in a certain way, and then failing to see that the NAP does the same.
The difference being that a State kills people who have done no harm to others, and a NAP-respecting person only kills people in defense.
when they don't behave in a certain way, yes?

No. when they DO behave in a certain way. As in aggression against me. If it's you or it's me, it's you. OTOH, if you leave me alone or respect my self, space and property, I'll never deliberately give you offense.

Now contrast that to the state which will cage you and/or kill you simply over some words on a page written by somebody with no ideas that didn't come from "above" and who fears change and loves power.
if it offends me, that you say that i can't commit an aggression against you, you have commited an aggression against me.

Me, I prefer a layered approach to the NAP as a practical matter. In straight truth, while my philosophy is as above, I also hate killing. So I would, if you were attacking me, try to first control the situation. It would not be my GOAL to kill you, if I could dissuade you instead. And were I unable to dissuade you but gain the upper hand, I would disable you preferentially to killing you. If, OTOH, you get in my face and call me a cocksucker, I'll either say something back or walk away. No HARM done, only ruffled feathers. And harm is the crux of the argument. An it harm no one, do what thou wilt. That old rede is a good moral compass, as opposed to Mr. Crowley's counter "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Anarchists generally choose the former, though with more modern formal language. States ALWAYS choose the latter, because the only check on their actions is how many people they can misdirect.
legendary
You are WRONG!
i do.

b) he can't see that NAP is inconsistent, and refuses to accept that a state can be a good choice. Explaining it with his "fact" about states, with that it kills people who chooses not to behave in a certain way, and then failing to see that the NAP does the same.
The difference being that a State kills people who have done no harm to others, and a NAP-respecting person only kills people in defense.

No. when they DO behave in a certain way. As in aggression against me. If it's you or it's me, it's you. OTOH, if you leave me alone or respect my self, space and property, I'll never deliberately give you offense.

Now contrast that to the state which will cage you and/or kill you simply over some words on a page written by somebody with no ideas that didn't come from "above" and who fears change and loves power.
if it offends me, that you say that i can't commit an aggression against you, you have commited an aggression against me.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
i do.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
i do.
What's emphaty?

And if you were truly hurt by what I called you, may I suggest you do something to change those facts? I know you can't do much about being autistic, and your sociopathy is likewise genetic, but you could try and grow up a little.

And any time you want to respond to this, you can:
legendary
You are WRONG!
i do.

i do.
legendary
You are WRONG!
i do.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
i do.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
i do.
Well, the opinion of a sociopathic autistic boy-child doesn't really matter in my esteem.
Now that's a burn.  Shocked
i do.
Well, the opinion of a sociopathic autistic boy-child doesn't really matter in my esteem.
legendary
You are WRONG!
i do.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I'm changing the thread topic:

/topic "[POLL] Should we ban Tonko?"
Pages:
Jump to: