Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it time to get rid of Linux/JavaScript/Python kids? - page 9. (Read 6913 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
They need canned samples that work, copy paste and imitate, with easy to understand .NET code and a solid MS SQL database.

Let's all think back to the good old days of SQL Slammer Worm. Cheesy

Yeehah!

I do concede that Javascript is pretty crap... but does that mean:

"Ah, let's just go back to using all of those awesome closed-source tools built on top of a buggy OS, which generate pages that only render correctly in a broken browser"?

As far as secure web development, I really don't think there is such a thing...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
They need canned samples that work, copy paste and imitate, with easy to understand .NET code and a solid MS SQL database.

Let's all think back to the good old days of SQL Slammer Worm. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I'm sort of getting it in places now, it's still pretty damn difficult and I don't like to do it often lol Tongue I'll probably end up making something eventually though because of my hatred of the games industry.

A bit off topic but I really recommend this site since it seems to explain the basics well enough but of course you have to adapt the code to the compiler that you're using: http://www.videotutorialsrock.com/opengl_tutorial/basic_shapes/text.php
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
Real men learn OpenGL

I must admit that I find more easy to program in Assembly than making anything in OpenGL.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Obligatory:

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Personally, I prefer the old school methods. I only ever use punch cards.
Bah. Flip the switches manually.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Personally, I prefer the old school methods. I only ever use punch cards.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Real men learn OpenGL
Have to agree with OP...Python this, python that...learn to code in C/C++ damn it...
Pussy.
Code like a man.
In assembly language.
Activity: 490
... it only gets better...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
in my day it wasnt a coding language unless you had to compile it....
bloody script kiddies
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Have to agree with OP...Python this, python that...learn to code in C/C++ damn it...
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Or not go with the "easy stuff" and http://learncodethehardway.org/
When they learn how things work and become big, saving money on cheaper Linux servers would be nothing wrong, on the contrary.

OK, so let me get this straight.

You think that they should act like adults, and use the moron-easy stuff, like ASP, & .NET, and then when they grow up, they can go back to Linux and JavaScript and such?
Activity: 126
Very cute.  But what is it about Linux/JavaScript/Python that's so bad?

Nothing. Except that it is obviously not for the beginners as a myriad of Bitcoin exchanges and services clearly demonstrate.

When they learn how things work and become big, saving money on cheaper Linux servers would be nothing wrong, on the contrary.
Awww... A Microsoft fanboy. I didn't know those existed anymore.
Alternatively, you could have not made a stupid post.

There was nothing stupid about it.

Google and Facebook and their need to cut on the cost of storage with a huge number of servers doesn't translate into overall shitty Bitcoin services.

With ASP .NET kiddos get at least free but tested samples of accepting and storing login ids and passwords securely, code that works for ages.
So kiddos don't need to stretch their brains inventing the wheel.

There are many samples of good UI, popups that asks for confirmation, that they just need copy and paste.

MS SQL is used in many places collocated around the exchanges so it is without a doubt fast and solid enough for immensely higher load than Mt. Gox processes.

With .NET Entity Framework I created more complex, solid and faster response databases than Coinbase did with stupid Mongo.

Wow, the speed with which this thread has degenerated into mudslinging is impressive.

Full disclosure: I use Python. On Linux.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Alternatively, you could have not made a stupid post.
Do you propose using VBScript then?

Go fuck yourself moron!

You know what I said in the original post and if doesn't please you it doesn't mean you need to pretend to be sarcastic and intelligent.
Pages:
Jump to: