Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam? - page 3. (Read 1040 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 100
Yes, sad but true, it so happens that ICO's still increasing the numbers besides having a bad market condition that is why the majority are failed and also a scam, we need to be cautious in many ways to avoid being a victim with this kind of ICO.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Yes, now few of the projects raise funds, or collect and hide , but of course still affects the market that few investors , but after the fall I think the investor will come again
Activity: 182
This is a very sad truth of the cryptocurrency market and I think that this is the main problem at the moment.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
Of course yes. Most ICOs have failed because this year isn't a good year for all crypto investors. Even those working hard to achieve their aim are not able to withstand the market effect on their proejct. I am not surprised that most project are dead
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
This year there were especially many fraudulent ICO, which against the background of the fact that the number of investors decreased, they managed and manage to earn and escape.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
While most of them don't run away with the money but they often don't meet the deadline and haven't released anything since the ico. You can see that there's a lot of icos from mid 2017 that haven't released anything and the same can be said from the 2018 one. They are just hyping people up, collect too much money and are too lazy to run the project now. Older project is better because the fund is limited and the other way to raise money is to raise the coin value by running the projects well.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
No it is not true 99% so you are saying that out of 100 ICO only 1 of them would make it?
If that's the case then investing in an ICO is useless and a big joke,
We all know that there are plenty of failed ICO's out there and also a huge number of scam but that doesn't mean that almost all of them are scam.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I feel you are wrong if you say 99% scam ICO as long as I take part in a prize campaign with lots of ICO 10% of the rest of my scam is paid, unless the distribution is delayed.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
No, this is too exaggerated. There are many fraudulent projects among ICOs, but not 99 percent. I participated in many ICO projects that have been working until that time. In my practice, some 60-70 ICO projects have remained working. Therefore, the ICO, even with the current fall in the cryptocurrency market, can still work, although it is very difficult for them.
In the activities of ICO, we are waiting for government regulation, only it can solve the current problems with fraud in this situation.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

if they are not dead yet will be shortly
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Nowadays, almost all of the ico have experienced a considerable decline. in terms of quality up to their funding. one of the consequences is that ico is getting worse now
This is indeed a fact that today must be understood and taken into account. Today there are big problems with ICO projects, so keep in mind, today it is better not to touch ICO projects at all if you do not understand this
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
that's right, I know because I'm a bounty hunter and I'm getting tired of promoting a very ugly project,
right now I'm starting to look for real jobs because I feel that making money from ico and bounty has become very difficult.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
If you saw that, then its time to stop investing, and try another investment, nowadays ICO is easy to make so some group of people try to make money by scamming, and a lot of the coin in the market are scam coin or abandon coin, so need to be extra careful when you decided want to invest in ICO, if you are not sure, its better to stay away from ICO
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Quite agree, however once in a while there are gems that want to bring something worthwhile to the industry, and that makes 'ICOs' worthwhile.
Activity: 350
It's not true if you can't give the evidence of this number. Although, the fact that most of ICO are scam, and failed, this year there are many successful ICO reached hard cap, Online.io is one of them, raised $50 million.
Activity: 322
yes, most ico seem to be scam. while there are some serious icos, finding them is not easy. hopefully that will change in 2019 and the proportion of reputable ico will increase again.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
ICO where many can still produce. It's just a scam too crowded probably because so many consider that the scam is pretty much at the ICO. If it can be selective and analyze ICO well then the scam will at least be avoided. but many who enter therein are certainly due also less careful in doing analysis on the ICO.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Still not 99 percent, but it's pretty close to the truth. The bottom line is that currently, all this year there have been a lot of too weak or outright ICO scams.
Activity: 365
In the bullish market its these ICOs that made the most profit and most of them were just scams. They made easy money and left without a trace. And i think a big reason for this bearish market is those scams also.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
This is not a new thing in the crypto space. We will continue to see lots of them, which is why investors need to be very careful with their investments. Coins of these nature are for short term investment and there is no guarantee that you will get back the money invested, let alone getting any profit.
This calls for investing in ICOs that only have unique features and ideas, instead of throwing money into a vague one.
Pages:
Jump to: