Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam? - page 7. (Read 1040 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
I think its true and there a lot basis about this speculation. ICO nowadays are out of control except those legally follow the rules and local laws in the country of ICO was originated and I think its time to regulate the ICO's to protect the Investors as well. I agree that 99% of ICO's are failed due to luck of innovation.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
99% doesn't seem right, because there are still many ICOs that are of quality besides there. just thinking just because there are a lot of scammers in ico then you think all projects starting with ico are fraudulent. try giving them the confidence to develop and you will see if the project is of good quality or not
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
where did you see the analysis that gave 99% failure to ICO. This is not correct unless you can prove that despite the fact that ICO this day are struggling to even make the softcap,there are still some of them that have struggle to continuing with the project development and while some of them that cant proceed to develop are giving back few investors that contribute for the ICO. Although there are still some Scam ICO that are majorly intend to scam people but despite the fact that we have some bad on, we cant conclude that 99% until we see proof
copper member
Activity: 657
Merit: 1
I think 99% is rather exaggerated. Many ICOs have scammed but some projects are still doing well after ICO. The truth is, many project teams do ICOs just to raise funds for personal need, and not for the project which is awful. A greater percentage of funds in the real sense is not used to develop the product or for listing. A project raised about 50million $ but was still asking for community votes for free listing purpose.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
as this year is showing, most of ICO are scam. They stop any work if they don't raise money. That is mean that they are not for idea, but just for money.
Activity: 518
Merit: 134
therefore we have to be more observant before investing, everywhere is a lot of dishonesty, so I suggest being more careful, research first before you put your money into investing
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Yes, with most ICO this is exactly what happens, to date, unfortunately, not one investor can not be insured against fraudulent start-up projects. But I think the more this direction develops, perhaps these scammers have less chance to Shoe investors for money.
Activity: 438
Merit: 100
Of course, until the ICO market is not regulated there are a lot of scammers. you must be very attentive and learn how to identify such projects
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
yes, you see how much bitcoin lose it value from ATH, thats basically how much  failed and scam coin valued.
copper member
Activity: 644
Merit: 0
POINTPAY
some of them are to be true many ICO'S are facing a lot of problems the present conduction is very crucial due to the drop in the price of many cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 379
Merit: 10
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
This is true, for these reasons, the cryptocurrency market is getting worse because no investors are willing to suffer fraud! For this reason, they also started to stay away from crypto!
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
I can't say that is completely true, there may be some ICOs that are similar but they fulfill all promises to investors well, if you say so, have your results been proven very well? if yes, can you give an example of some ICO like you said
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
i'd say 100% of them are useless and have absolutely no reason to exist!
the problem is not about them running away, the problem is that they give hyped up promises that they can not deliver. they know it, people who invest in it know it, only newbies don't know it. so they all become worthless and you can even call them scams because basically someone got paid for some hot air!

And then have you even considered almost all of the major coins have started from ico? and is there an opinion about that? They have got money and then disappear but that can be applied to the scam ico. Even some icos are still continuing the project whatever how much raised.

when your pump and dump is successful, you stick around. as soon as you can no longer pump the coin like before you dump it and give up. eventually all of the creators move on to better things such as jobs with banks, government,... or start new coins to start pumping from scratch...
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
It seems to be true at the moment due to the ongoing bear market op. The current market conditions have forced many ICOs to shut shop as soon as possible. 2017 was something different and is an exception in this case.

The percentage of ICOs that failed in 2017 was roughly around 60% in my opinion compared to the high percentage at the moment. There is no point investing into any ICO currently which is why I advise saving your money and you should look into investing when the market rallies like crazy in the future.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
“The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project
Maybe the right percentage here is 50% its true that some icos are just a get away money scheme. It happens everytime but there are still icos that is worth to invest with like lbx, gamexcoin, temco and some new project such as skynet. Try to check these mentioned projects and your money is worth a shot.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 12
in my opinion it's not true if 99% of ico are scam. because there are still a lot of ico that are good even far more. it's true that there are ico who only collect money and after they get it they run away. hence the most important thing before we join an ICO, we need to analyze as well as possible the team and the vision and mission of an ico project.
Activity: 588
I don't know with 99% but a lot have had a hard time reaching softcap, many of them have extended their tokensale,  but also a lot of them have managed and ended their ICO successfully. I'd say many of them too are scam and those that failed soft cap most probably have not promoted their product well enough.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
most of the ico are not scam they will collect large amount from us and they are listing in small exchanges.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
And then have you even considered almost all of the major coins have started from ico? and is there an opinion about that? They have got money and then disappear but that can be applied to the scam ico. Even some icos are still continuing the project whatever how much raised.
Activity: 686
not 99%. some projects are in hold because of this bearmarket. there were some exit scams too. but now we can see regulations are starting and lot more good things are happening.
Pages:
Jump to: