Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam? - page 8. (Read 1040 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 10
Best solution for smart cities
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
To be honest that's their main goal, creating money is as easy as possible and enriching themselves. After ico finished they only updated a few times and after that they will leave the project. Indeed there are also projects that survive and make it to the top or popular of the coin, but only a few or a small portion.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
During 2017 when ICO's as a funding model gained popularity there were quite a large percentage that never delivered on what was promised or were straight out scams but that is starting to change with the industry now seeking to further legitimize itself in an effort to restore consumer confidence which should see improved opportunities for good quality projects from next year
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
I think most ICOs are scams. But not all. In this year, collecting funds and run away is an old way to scam. Now, those scam ICOs are smarter than older scammers. Because they are collecting a large number of funds and they are listing small exchanges, some tokens listing in the ICO period and pump that token in that period, the project is not doing as promised, crypto influencers promoting scam ICOs. With those problems, we hard to choose a good project to invest mate. You have to do hard research to select a good project. In this year most ICOs were failed to give a good return on investment to investors.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.

Not really 99 percent, but I do consider 85 percent of the ICO didn't really perform well in the market. Some are lost because they didn't keep track of their roadmap and maybe their team is incompetent enough to face the market that's why they lose.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
True.

This isn't new anymore to the community. And you are aware of it as well that they are taking people's money for their very own interest. These scammers are just rinsing and repeating what they have been doing. If SEC gives any further rules to eliminate these scammers, they will be minimized.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I believe that several ICO's are just fraud or scam. But not that high percentage you give, 99% is a huge number, because there are also not scam ICO's. We cannot generalized that ICO's are just scam, since some are not.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I don't think so for all ico. if you look at the graph, the funds obtained by ico are currently decreasing dramatically, and I think that is a factor that makes competing with ico more and more. you are right if there is a large part of the development team that runs away in the middle of the road, but I'm not sure they bring a lot of money now. and there are still many ico who survive and the team is still solid to date.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: