Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that a whale moved 8k BTC? - page 5. (Read 1638 times)

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
June 28, 2018, 09:37:01 AM
Here we could not clearly say anything.Earlier when bitcoin price fell down,it was said that due to dumping by big whales price fell down and when it's price started recovering,it was assumed that whales have started to rebuy.Now once again,the price is falling and what would they say for this?
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 08:35:47 AM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.
Manipulation by the market is not a secret, it was very clear when Bitcoin cost more than $ 10K.
The swing was 10% - this was the profit.
Now 10% can not be raised, but I think it will soon come.  Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 08:30:10 AM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition to Stop-Losses being triggered. Is that true? What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

This is really bad, while you are working and somebody by himself can just go and break your system, lol. If I would have such amount of money, I don't know what I am going to do...
Activity: 100
Merit: 5
June 25, 2018, 04:44:43 AM
I think 8k BTC is not big enough to affect the price of BTC on the market. But it is true that many sharks are joining together to manipulate the price of the entire crypto. The sharks will not go single
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
June 25, 2018, 02:02:51 AM
I`ve heard something like that...It is so hard to understand, while you are trying hard for 3-4 months to obtain at least 1Btc, and somebody just has 8000BTC and manipulates price with them.
Well, this could be true because when bitcoin was cheap and few people knew about it, they used to buy so many at cheap rates because no one cares about this technology. Those who did not sell their bitcoin at that time, those people are now rich and the rulers of the bitcoin. They have technically the command of controlling the prices of bitcoin. Let us also work hard to have so many bitcoin to control prices.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
June 21, 2018, 07:53:31 AM
It is so hard to understand, while you are trying hard for 3-4 months to obtain at least 1Btc, and somebody just has 8000BTC and manipulates price with them.

What is that for reasoning? It's the same as saying that people work an entire year to make $25,000 where other people make that in just a month or week. Just accept that there are differences in the world when it comes to wealth generation. The wealth in current times has never been this 'unfairly' distrubuted. 1-2% own 98-99% of the wealth. Also don't forget that there are always bigger whales. Some have hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins. Roll Eyes

And eh, are you talking about yourself that you need 3-4 months to obtain 1BTC at minimum? The majority of the people would be extremely happy if they could obtain 1BTC in 12 months.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 06:53:51 AM
I`ve heard something like that...It is so hard to understand, while you are trying hard for 3-4 months to obtain at least 1Btc, and somebody just has 8000BTC and manipulates price with them.
Activity: 72
June 20, 2018, 06:20:14 AM
These are not necessarily true news. Many of them are publicized by the media. It is believed that it is useless, and the market should not drop sharply for the 8,000 BTC. This is only a very small part.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
June 20, 2018, 06:06:25 AM
whales actions are unknown and this 8000 btc transfer mostly a fud created to misguide the investors and dump the coins nt to trust in this news as it is created for panic selling mostly
What is 8000 bitcoins? It's small. There are about 7.5 million bitcoins in circulation. If you are afraid that 8000 bitcoins that can be put up for sale can destabilize the entire market then you do not understand anything about the bitcoin market. A few months ago, popular exchanges sold about 50,000 bitcoins every day.
Activity: 61
June 20, 2018, 05:52:48 AM
whales actions are unknown and this 8000 btc transfer mostly a fud created to misguide the investors and dump the coins nt to trust in this news as it is created for panic selling mostly

How can big whales move 8k BTC? Is it possible that they can manipulate the price of bitcoin? I am afraid on what is happening with bitcoin.
Activity: 416
Merit: 21
June 20, 2018, 05:27:41 AM
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
June 20, 2018, 05:04:08 AM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.
We can not avoid it, especially because the price of bitcoins depends on the demand and the amount of investors investing in it. This is harmful but when many people invest in bitcoins even small or large we will defeat the whales who manipulate the market.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
June 20, 2018, 04:06:21 AM
Whales were the one who got the ability to manipulate the market. At times moving a bulk volumes of bitcoin happens and this is quite common thing. People have known about it, and to the whales have the ability to shake the market to some extent. When the market is manipulated the panic prevailing around the new investors will hardly affect the growth.
Activity: 157
June 20, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
i think there is no whale who directly dump all of their BTC, but if someone that account being hacekd will also doing that, the whale is not a dumb person that letting all off their money get away easy like that, they looking the price in the future
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
June 20, 2018, 03:40:52 AM
Hello,

what dictates the price of bitcoin is not by whales selling their assets, it is the wave they create, meaning, the trend they have created, those panic sellers are the ones whom we should blame, obviously, whales are not the biggest problem, those little traders that panics everytime they heard news about whales who sold a huge amount then they tend to sell as quickly as possible. thus creatind a trend because we all know there are millions of little traders rather than big whales, one move by the big whales are nothing compared to millions of users who sell altogether at the same time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
June 20, 2018, 03:30:53 AM
I believe that there are three main reasons why the bitcoin rate fell. The basis for the current correction of bitcoin formed a number of factors, in particular:
• Lack of trading volumes in the market of crypto currency in recent months.
• Loss of interest and disappointment of retail investors in the sector's prospects.
• The unequivocal position of regulators towards the development of strict rules, which are expected by large capital.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
June 20, 2018, 02:37:36 AM
Hello,

No, a whale didn't do that. It is the people like you that have the prices fall. The panicking, the fear. That's what the prices is going down because of people who are afraid like you.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
June 20, 2018, 02:35:24 AM
Hello,
Since the incidence of the MtGox sell off, a lot of uncertainty and fear has been generated in the market and because of that a huge amount of bitcoin being moved in the market somehow can actually generate some fear in a way among traders or investors which could cause a panic sell and then we get to see the value being driven down. I still believe this is affecting the market psychologically until all those coins are fully sold out of the market.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
June 20, 2018, 01:07:43 AM
Hello,

This is, and has been, a problem with crypto especially bitcoin for the past few years. After the Mt. Gox scandal there have been individuals that are in control the large sums of BTC people had. Sad thing is, until they do so, bitcoin won't be able to grow much because people will fear that those people can so easily manipulate market price. The good thing is, they will eventually run out of bitcoins to manipulate the market with. They've been doing this market crash thing for quite some time now and hopefully they will have had enough.
A really big problem and one that has been affecting a lot of trader's mentality which about some months ago claimed how unhappy they were with the selloff.

However, all these kind of stuffs are easy to see happen in a market where a lot of people are holding a huge amount of bitcoin and the market cap is also pretty much low as well and until we start seeing a huge market in our hands before we would really start seeing some difference.

MtGox issue has really been a problem and maybe once he is done selling, there would be some relaxed feelings in the market to help with growth.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
June 18, 2018, 08:31:58 PM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.
Unusual signs of yesterday may open the door to an unexpected up / down trend. Typically, each sign produces a prolonged reaction. But yesterday's trading volume was up / down very fast and there were signs of repeat. I suspect that it can not be determined right now. but also a reason to be skeptical.
Nothing can be determined but it was somehow obvious that the sell off yesterday may have been as a result of that but it is still all pure speculation but the thing with these whole kind of news is that it affects the market pretty fast and this is the main reason why we keep talking about the level of volatility of this market that everyone should understand but does not mean it is the end of the world and I believe the Gox fever is still in a lot of people considering how the sell off by the MtGox trustee has been like.
Pages:
Jump to: