Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that a whale moved 8k BTC? - page 8. (Read 1638 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 12:11:01 AM
Let's assume that's true. What is the impact of 8000BTC on 17,086,500BTC?
Honestly, this is not the most influential factor in the price, but I think there is a big manipulation going on in the price.
The price rose wildly last year and without any signs of it.

I do not think that's the only reason, but I think it's a valid cause ------> U.S. Launches Criminal Probe into Bitcoin Price Manipulation
So I think it has more to do with regulation.

I think that when people see those funds moving to the exchange, they immediately start selling. Like a domino effect.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
June 11, 2018, 12:10:15 AM
If the whale put the coin at normal price I will not call it manipulation but if he brings the down in the process of selling I will call it manipulation. He can wisely sell without pulling market down if he have good intentions.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
June 10, 2018, 11:59:08 PM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

I'm pretty sure those whales are just laughing at those weak hands that are so emotional when times of huge dips happens to all crypto. Weaker hands and emotional invetors tend to do a stop loss and sell their crypto portfolio at a lesser value and that's the time whales will have their shopping spree and will trigger again the uptrend of the values of cryptos. If you believe in the technology and understand the fluctuations of the market then you don't have to worry about this bloodbath.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
June 10, 2018, 11:57:09 PM
Let's assume that's true. What is the impact of 8000BTC on 17,086,500BTC?
Honestly, this is not the most influential factor in the price, but I think there is a big manipulation going on in the price.
The price rose wildly last year and without any signs of it.

I do not think that's the only reason, but I think it's a valid cause ------> U.S. Launches Criminal Probe into Bitcoin Price Manipulation
So I think it has more to do with regulation.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
June 10, 2018, 11:36:59 PM
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?

The act of moving a large number of bitcoins to an exchange won't affect the price any more than moving them anywhere else. However, some people may panic and sell because they believe that the "whale" is about to sell the entire amount, and that can drive the price down.

If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

My understanding of manipulation is that it is the attempt to change the outcome of a future trade. As such, a "whale" simply buying or selling large numbers of bitcoins is not manipulation, regardless of the effect on the price. Every trade, no matter how large or small, has an effect on the price.

Manipulation can be done by spreading false or misleading information, or also by affecting the price in one market in order to affect the outcome of a trade in another market.

It is obvious he meant the whale moved 8000 coins to an exchange and then dumped them causing some stop-losses to be activated and that it sped up the crash.

Anyhow, I heard something about a MTGOX whale months ago but this time theres no news about this dump except a Korean exchange hack.
Activity: 96
June 10, 2018, 09:17:07 PM
Are you talking about today or yesterday? Because I heard this a few weeks ago.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 10, 2018, 08:45:07 PM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

This is, and has been, a problem with crypto especially bitcoin for the past few years. After the Mt. Gox scandal there have been individuals that are in control the large sums of BTC people had. Sad thing is, until they do so, bitcoin won't be able to grow much because people will fear that those people can so easily manipulate market price. The good thing is, they will eventually run out of bitcoins to manipulate the market with. They've been doing this market crash thing for quite some time now and hopefully they will have had enough.
Activity: 224
June 10, 2018, 08:33:58 PM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.
Unusual signs of yesterday may open the door to an unexpected up / down trend. Typically, each sign produces a prolonged reaction. But yesterday's trading volume was up / down very fast and there were signs of repeat. I suspect that it can not be determined right now. but also a reason to be skeptical.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
June 10, 2018, 07:56:39 PM
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?

The act of moving a large number of bitcoins to an exchange won't affect the price any more than moving them anywhere else. However, some people may panic and sell because they believe that the "whale" is about to sell the entire amount, and that can drive the price down.

If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

My understanding of manipulation is that it is the attempt to change the outcome of a future trade. As such, a "whale" simply buying or selling large numbers of bitcoins is not manipulation, regardless of the effect on the price. Every trade, no matter how large or small, has an effect on the price.

Manipulation can be done by spreading false or misleading information, or also by affecting the price in one market in order to affect the outcome of a trade in another market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 375
June 10, 2018, 07:50:35 PM
Hello,
Pages:
Jump to: