Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that a whale moved 8k BTC? - page 6. (Read 1638 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
June 16, 2018, 09:50:06 AM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.
What makes you think that big amount like 8k bitcoin was just Moved to a exchange will make the market down?ofcourse this will not affect the movement of market because this was only movement not withdrawing means same amount of coins will be in circulation.

What affect the market is the panicked people that getting nervous anytime something like this happen,but this seems to be a fake news
Activity: 392
Merit: 106
June 16, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
In our personal view 8000 BTC is huge number to be worried about, but it is just a small portion of market numbers that is almost 18 mil in circulation. So whales, exchanges or user can transfer anytime in any bitcoin wallet would not affect it, but only in times when they’re is a sold out in this magnitude. A transfer of coins on one account to another won’t change the numbers on chart until it is exchange or cashed out.
Activity: 630
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 16, 2018, 09:24:46 AM
Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

With wide eyes open I am sure there is no such news coming out of the market. I cant even read it over the forum except the thread only. If Whale moved it then there should have been someone who caught the transaction coming and also if there was sell made for that big amount then surely there would have been another proof of its sell. But nothing like that can be seen here. Though they moved it then it doesn't 100% makes us sure that they have sold it or going to do so. Who knows they might just wanna transfer it within the voucher to give to someone or it could be exchanger address itself who moved it to their repository or something similar.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
June 16, 2018, 08:02:44 AM
Let's assume that's true. What is the impact of 8000BTC on 17,086,500BTC?
Honestly, this is not the most influential factor in the price, but I think there is a big manipulation going on in the price.
The price rose wildly last year and without any signs of it.
It sure do have a lot of impact when it is not done over the counter and it is rather done on an exchange which was the reason the MtGox sell off was so easy to get the market running down pretty fast around last year that almost led to some fear in the market. The liquidity in these exchanges may not be enough to help with all these and selling a huge amount all at once will simply affect the value.

You need to understand that not all the coins in circulation are on exchange. However, like you have said there may be several other reasons which this that you mentioned may be a part of it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
June 13, 2018, 07:44:07 AM
That is why we small investors should buy more anx hold on to our coins! For one thing, this prevents whales from ever swooping in and shorting the market whenever they want. We also must not be one of thosr people who sold their holdings when the market dips even for a bit. Ifnthis true or not true, it is a reality that whales control cryptos.
Activity: 199
Merit: 0
June 13, 2018, 07:36:25 AM
Do not be easily affected by the news that is not clear the truth, we should still be patient with this reality, if there is a whale who moved 8,000 BTC, and make the price fall. we let it go, we do not have to panic and follow-up selling our Bitcoin, which will cause the price to go down as bitcoin supply increases. keep calm, hopefully the price recovered.
Activity: 357
Merit: 102
June 13, 2018, 06:00:55 AM
I'm not so interested in the issues in circulation, if you are an investor you should not think about the price up / down, is not that common every year, I also hear there are groups / or people who auction 60000 pieces of btc, make the price down.
That is the basic point. If you are a trader or investor, why to go for such news? Brothers you better known in the world of bitcoin, either prices are up or down, there is a benefit hidden for you always. You are just to go and fetch that up for you and make your life better. Now prices are down, so don’t just be sad and sit down with much worries, no, rather just buy up more bitcoin.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
June 13, 2018, 12:30:45 AM
Is 8000 BTC large enough to move the price down? Ask yourself that before all of you start to succumb to the FUD.

With that said, it is better to study and research the strongest during a bear market to prepare investing in them during a bull market. I recommend Burst.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 11, 2018, 11:19:53 PM
even if it is true that what happens to the crypto currency is a game from the pope I think it will not affect the level of confidence that is owned by investors to continue to invest in bitcoin. because I see though there is some news about the price manipulation of the pope but to this day bitcoin still has a great existence.
Merit: 256
June 11, 2018, 11:13:08 PM
Hello,

Well it is indeed true that a wahle or a large investor can manipulate the price of bitcoin by simply selling their invesment or coin in bitcoin , however bitcoin gain so much strong reputation and that is the reasn why there are a lot of whales in bitcoin. Yes bitcoin has a lot of whales , dont be panic just because you're thinking that the whale may or might sell all their investment just to be safe, In fact in the first place, why does the whale would sell their investment? and why are there still a lot of whales in bitcoin? because they are confident that bitcoin's price or bitcoin itself has a great future, dont panic just because of the news around us, just try to validate it first before making any mover because if you dont , youre making a huge mistake
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 11:11:24 PM
Are you referring to the Mt. Gox lawyer? I remember him moving around a billion dollars worth of Bitcoin earlier this year. He is the reason why Bitcoin crashed last January.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
June 11, 2018, 11:01:00 PM
Hello,

No! This time the big whales has nothing to do to this current price falls in which the report say it just a normal thing for the holders to sell their Bitcoins but it create panic to some investors and also it says about Coin Rail hack in which it makes some South Korean Bitcoin enthusiast to panic too. Here is the link to the news https://www.ccn.com/cryptocurrency-market-falls-25-billion-overnight-as-bitcoin-drops-6-factors-and-trends/.
i seem to believe in your link. panic sells massively price down, and i think this is an opportunity for us to buy bitcoin in large quantities, and i think it will soon be profitable
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
W12 – Blockchain protocol
June 11, 2018, 10:55:03 PM
Hello,

No! This time the big whales has nothing to do to this current price falls in which the report say it just a normal thing for the holders to sell their Bitcoins but it create panic to some investors and also it says about Coin Rail hack in which it makes some South Korean Bitcoin enthusiast to panic too. Here is the link to the news https://www.ccn.com/cryptocurrency-market-falls-25-billion-overnight-as-bitcoin-drops-6-factors-and-trends/.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
June 11, 2018, 10:50:17 PM
Hello,
I do not think it's a whale. it's an organization. It establishes an organization to manipulate the market and bring about daily profits. In the stock market too, there are a lot of manipulation has been happening. The government can not handle this manipulation.
Nevertheless, the true value of Bitcoin and other altcoins remains unchanged. Let's wait for its real price in the future.
Merit: 259
June 11, 2018, 10:44:32 PM
Hello,

I'm from Malaysia,and I brought 8000 BTC when many years ago(and glad that I still have found back).I'm looking for cash out all the btc I have own now,it is about 100 million usd fund,but I don't think my country market have support that huge of volume,I do my research found that exchanges in Malaysia are really small,big exchanges like only bitfinex and coinbase can support that much of volume,but it can't use their service in Malaysia,and I'm not US citizen.I don't know what to do now.I'm really frustrated knowing I own that much of money but I can't cash out due to my country is not popular with this coin,any suggestion for me? Whoever can help me solve my problem I promise to gave him 50btc after I manage to cash out.A man will keep his word.
——————————
updated: 6.1.2018 4:54pm

what country that can support 100 mil usd withdrawal? I'm actually have thinking about open an US bank account,but I'm not sure whether I can withdrawal that much of fund from exchanges to my bank account or not.I actually don't mind paying tax fees to US or Malaysia gov whatever,I just want to have a cash out plan.

Thats nothing but a scammer trying to find a new victim here on Bitcointalk. Maybe the person who started this thread is a part of it lol.
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
June 11, 2018, 10:17:53 PM
Hello,
I think it's true, cause in the past days before the Bitcoin price suddenly collapse i have heard rumors in some telegram group that there are whales that will going to dump his/her Bitcoin, at that time I've heard it bitcoin is in 7,400 USD.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 09:44:34 PM
Hello,
I think this does not affect much to the market price of bitcoin just transferring a amount like 8K BTC will be just a normal trade in the list. The most amount of effect on the price of bitcoin appears only when a large number of community invests in it or sells it a single person cannot manipulate the market and cant make such a sudden change.
if we compare amount that moved to an exchange, its not ti much.but behind on that it's action influence other people to sell bitcoin they have.and now its have big effect in market.bitcoin reduce more than ten percent because of this.

I remember in early 2014, the head guy of Ripple announced that he was selling a large portion of his Ripples. The price plummeted, and it seemed like such a naive move. I never looked at Ripple ever again. Big mistake by me.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 11, 2018, 07:36:46 PM
Hello,
One exchange doesn't really do anything significant to the market, there had to have been something else at play for there to have been such a considerable drop. You can even see it in most of the other exchanges, they all hit the downtrend around the same time, and I would think that either someone's algorithm got scuffed and started the dive for everyone, or there was something that was coordinated in an effort to knock the price down a bit. But I don't know for sure, since it caught me by surprise and I was just being an observer at the time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
June 11, 2018, 07:16:53 PM
I`ve heard that too, this is one of the main disadvantages here on Market, that some guys from above can easily manipulate the price for their purpose
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
June 11, 2018, 05:46:03 PM
Yes, large investors or campaigns specifically make the collapse of prices, they can afford it. In addition, they earn even more by buying currency at a low price. It is very harmful and it is time to do such manipulations illegal!

Yes you have said what the issue is. The market has always been manipulated. Whales actually do that to have a chance to acquire more coin. Thetefore, you don't have to be surprised when this happens.
Pages:
Jump to: