Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it worth buying low-volume tokens? - page 28. (Read 5153 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20
September 29, 2018, 09:37:25 AM
I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?

Low volume or high is absolutely indifferent to the token price. The most important is that the company staying behind the token was a well-known and profit generating business. Look at Kamagames tokens sale https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44016466
57,000,000 USD annual revenue + 100M users! This is not a startup - Kamagames was founded in 2010.

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
September 29, 2018, 09:24:57 AM
I think they should be present in the portfolio of every crypto enthusiast. I'll tell you even so, I have friends whose briefcase is made up of them.
Activity: 994
Merit: 100
September 26, 2018, 04:58:07 AM
new tokens will definitely have a very small volume and if you really believe in the coin then buy before it's too late, don't mistake the token because not all tokens that have a small volume will become big in the future, because now many tokens with small volumes will die after a few months
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
September 26, 2018, 04:35:20 AM
The chance of making profit and loosing ones investment when it come to buying low volume tokens is 50-50 but if the token is licensed, have a great concept, team a utility substance to back up the token then risk involve is minimal and there's chance for a good return.
Activity: 826
Merit: 10
September 26, 2018, 03:44:37 AM
I like tokens with low volume because they are able to gain significant rise a short time compared to large volume tokens. I may be wrong but it's just my thinking.

Right, the important thing is that they are supported by a solid and professional team, sometimes tokens don't really care about prices, the team will focus on their products, for example EOS which is now a coin even though it was originally a token based ethereum.
Activity: 518
September 26, 2018, 03:42:33 AM
Yes of course sometimes low-volume currency are the best to invest in terms of a high chance of increasing their value to get more profit in just a few weeks and also have a high risk of losing your investments. But it's up to you if you like that kind of currency or you have an Idea on how to handle that kind of currency that can make you more profitable on doing it.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
September 26, 2018, 03:38:32 AM
I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?
When a coin that is not mainstream suddenly shows a sharp rise, I think this is not the time to buy. If you buy at this time and can't sell it very quickly, you will lose money.
Activity: 215
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 03:30:52 AM
if in such a way it can be profitable why not do it, it is one of the strategies in crypto trading that is buying coins when the price of the coin is experiencing a price decline and then selling the coin when the price of the coin has increased or the price has exceeded the purchase price. but should be more careful in choosing coins because not all coins when experiencing a price decline will experience price increases, there are some coins that experience price declines instead of experiencing price increases, and finally just become shit coins.
Activity: 294
September 26, 2018, 03:23:21 AM
I think it's very dangerous. Yes, often such transactions can give you a very large potential profit, but the problem is that it is not always possible to sell them because of the small liquidity.
Activity: 216
Merit: 16
September 26, 2018, 03:17:45 AM
it will work some times.Please keep in mind that this is not a strategy I would suggest in a bear market. In a bear market, people retreat to the high marketcap coins like BTC, ETH, LTC and lose confidence to buy lower volume, microcap coins. However, in a bull market, this is arguably the most lucrative strategy out there so far, and I have seen a few people turn thousands into millions within weeks by using this strategy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 26, 2018, 01:23:03 AM
From my experience on trading, lower volume coins has high risk but the possibility of price increase is also high. In crypto trading, the higher the risk, the higher the earnings you can. This happens on majority of the coins I bought and sold over the past few years. Although I lost some money on low volume coins, it will still have a spot on my portfolio. I won't give up on something especially if there are multiple chances of earning. Risk is part of our everyday life, might as well face it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
September 26, 2018, 01:21:05 AM
of course it is worth it if the token has a lot of demand from the community and their product is really useful for solving problems.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
September 25, 2018, 06:43:29 PM
this is not a bad idea, since very low volume tokens tend to have small market caps and these are the tokens which can easily go 10x-100x in few days and get you a very nice return, but do not do it only on gambling basis, do some small research at least. Possibly the project have some nice events lined up.

Right now i am looking at Grid+.
Activity: 462
Merit: 290
September 26, 2018, 01:00:53 AM
Don't you have a large part of your portfolio made up of these coins? You must be a bad mathematician and analyst if you're not.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
September 25, 2018, 07:45:37 PM
A coin that has increase in price is very dangerous to buy. It is not a must you buy it, because there are so many coins in the crypto space that will give you your expected profit.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
September 25, 2018, 07:39:54 PM
Buying low volume tokens imposes higher risk, but higher profit probability too. I know some tokens that made more than ×50 in the last bull run. However, that depends on the market conditions, if a whales groub chose the token you are holding to make a pump, you would gain a lot.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
September 25, 2018, 04:25:14 PM
I think that these coins are created for price manipulation. This has both advantages and disadvantages. If the time to buy them and not miss the moment when their price is at peak you can get more profit. But you need to understand that their cost can very quickly be replaced by falling. In this case, you will lose your investment. So trading coins with small volumes you are doing at your own risk.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 25, 2018, 03:29:23 PM
This is a very dangerous investment, especially when the market is in a bad state. I remember that at the time of creation of this theme SMT cost about $1 per token, but now its price is about 40 cents. The conclusions are obvious.
It is very important that if you decide to invest in coins that are relatively new and that have not established themselves in the community but you decide that you are still going to invest in them then you need to use a very small amount of money, since you cannot invest a huge amount of your capital because even if you are able to predict the direction of the market, the coin is not going to have the liquidity to allow you to exit that trade without affecting negatively the price.
Activity: 616
September 24, 2018, 06:59:49 PM
I like tokens with low volume because they are able to gain significant rise a short time compared to large volume tokens. I may be wrong but it's just my thinking.
Activity: 122
The World’s First Blockchain Core
September 24, 2018, 06:41:01 PM
If you're seeing  a future about that crypto coins, of course, you can buy it. volume is a very misleading thing. The volume can be up to 100 times in 1 day. the most important part of the project. accomplishments and achievements.
Pages:
Jump to: