Pages:
Author

Topic: is KYC data on Gambling sites safe? - page 26. (Read 2863 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 457
May 30, 2023, 12:03:43 PM
In the first place, kyc was never the plan of blockchain and bitcoin. Bitcoin operates on the pseudo anonymous ways which means that there is no need for KYC but as time passes, government brought up a policy for third parties involved in bitcoin transaction to foster kyc plans so as to keep track of individual account transactions for possible observations and immediate actions as a result of the way blockchain operates and since then, kyc has been a regular thing in the space which is not welcoming. As for me, kyc is not really safe on blockchain or gambling sites because when there is a possible hack, information and Data of members are stolen and sold and most times, third parties obviously do that which is not welcoming.

So in respect to wether kyc is safe on gambling site is up to you to decide wether to choose a kyc gambling site to gamble with or not.

I agree with you. Bitcoin and blockchain which had anonymity lost its soul. Now everything is clear who owns bitcoin assets. The state seems to want to take taxes from all sectors including bitcoin and blockchain, even though they have never really agreed with blockchain.

But now, KYC is far, far above that. The majority of these companies, which require your KYC, use your documents for their selfish gain, sell your data to third parties without your permission, which can be used on other sites, and perform some illegal activities that you, the real owner, are not aware of, and you might be held responsible for a crime you did not commit.

Looks very dangerous. But we don't have any ability if the site has conditions for kyc. nothing is really safe, both on gambling sites and other sites? it's the same? it's so bad
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1267
Lightning network is good with small amount of BTC
May 30, 2023, 11:51:55 AM
In the first place, kyc was never the plan of blockchain and bitcoin. Bitcoin operates on the pseudo anonymous ways which means that there is no need for KYC but as time passes, government brought up a policy for third parties involved in bitcoin transaction to foster kyc plans so as to keep track of individual account transactions for possible observations and immediate actions as a result of the way blockchain operates and since then, kyc has been a regular thing in the space which is not welcoming. As for me, kyc is not really safe on blockchain or gambling sites because when there is a possible hack, information and Data of members are stolen and sold and most times, third parties obviously do that which is not welcoming.
That is the problem. If the gambling site is careless with your information as the information is hacked. There can be possibility that someone can attack you at your home, on the internet, or trying to hack your device. Coins are not like fiat which are easy to trace. If someone know about your coins, attacking and transferring it may leave no trace at all. KYC is not good.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
May 30, 2023, 11:50:27 AM
[.....]but is the worry too much?
It's never too much. The threat is real but people probably don't see the danger that much since nobody has used their identity to commit a crime yet.

You asked this question in your title but you only discussed about the purpose or use of KYC.
is KYC data on Gambling sites safe?

The situation is the same with centralized exchanges or other platforms that store your personal information. Have you ever heard of data leakages? Take what happened to Ledger's database as example. Over a million emails were leaked and used to scam those customers. Imagine what else they could do if they already have your name plus documents.

Activity: 728
Merit: 421
May 30, 2023, 11:46:17 AM

So in respect to wether kyc is safe on gambling site is up to you to decide wether to choose a kyc gambling site to gamble with or not.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1167
Gamble responsibly
May 30, 2023, 11:45:48 AM
Some punters are from countries that do not legalise gambling. Such punters do not want KYC.

As we know, many gambling sites have Kyc requirements when making withdrawals. Some people may not have a problem with this condition, but some people think differently about doing Kyc. Some people refuse to fill in their Kyc data for fear of being misused. That's a natural thing, but is the worry too much?
Some people are rich and are afraid of KYC anywhere they are online. But gambling should be done with low amount of money that should make KYC no bothering.

Kyc actually has a function to prevent dangerous actions, such as money laundering. In addition, Kyc can also protect customers from account breakers
But with KYC, there are still people laundering money.

In general, the more KYC you do, it is more likely that you will become a victim at some point. KYC has its purpose and there is no doubt about that, but it is definitely a double-edged sword.
But with KYC, there are still online criminals.

But generally speaking, KYC should be avoided if possible. KYC is dangerous for bitcoin and crypto users.
Activity: 700
Merit: 673
May 30, 2023, 11:45:22 AM
As we know, many gambling sites have Kyc requirements when making withdrawals. Some people may not have a problem with this condition, but some people think differently about doing Kyc. Some people refuse to fill in their Kyc data for fear of being misused. That's a natural thing, but is the worry too much?

One of the purposes of KYC was for the platform to know their clients' identities, for them to know who they are dealing with, his or her age, where they live, their tax level, and to some point, their sources of income. These documents are what they use most often to justify if a customer is worth the amount of money they deposit into their account or not, and most times they use this data to track if the money that was deposited through the customers to their platform is legit and doesn't have any illegal activities attached to it.

But now, KYC is far, far above that. The majority of these companies, which require your KYC, use your documents for their selfish gain, sell your data to third parties without your permission, which can be used on other sites, and perform some illegal activities that you, the real owner, are not aware of, and you might be held responsible for a crime you did not commit.

Kyc actually has a function to prevent dangerous actions, such as money laundering. In addition, Kyc can also protect customers from account breakers.

I don't think KYC has any means of preventing attackers from penetrating your account; there are other security measures that could be set for you to protect your own account by yourself. Other forms of security are left for the platform security team to handle because if the security is handled from their end, then your own security is likely to be worthless. And if these attackers happen to gain access to the platform, then every user who has passed the KYC verification is at a higher risk, not just for their funds but also for their data, because nothing will be left behind.

Now there are several gambling sites that do not require Kyc to withdraw funds. That's good news. But I don't know if big money withdrawal need Kyc or not. I've never withdrawn much money.
Any gambling site that requires KYC will always make it known on their T&C, which you as a reader will read before passing a successful registration, but I doubt most of us usually pass such a test. Nevertheless, some sites, not just gambling sites, have a limit to the amount you can withdraw without KYC, and when you hit those limits, you must pass their KYC before you can proceed. But I notice that passing KYC on sites is always easier when you newly create the account because your balance will be empty as of that time, but when you have enough funds worthy of seizure, that's when you will go through hell to pass their KYC. So it's always advisable to go for gambling sites that won't talk about KYC for your withdrawal, especially those that will allow you to withdraw through crypto. Lots of them don't usually care about KYC, but most do.

Are you one of those who agree or refuse to fill out kyc on gambling sites? So far, the Kyc that you have filled in on the gambling site is safe? I've never had a problem with the Kyc that I filled out at the gambling site. Have you ever felt cheated from Kyc submitted?

Yes, I usually don't feel too good about sites that require me to pass through KYC. But if I desperately need to use that site for which I have no other option, I do pass such KYC, but I know the limit of the information I share with them.

I do also feel cheated when I come across sites where, from the beginning, they don't tell you about KYC, but after seeing some huge deposits or huge wins, they will suddenly come up with KYC options. That kind of behavior is spamming and is being done by people who have the intention to scam their users.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
May 30, 2023, 11:40:03 AM
"Safe" is something that you cannot define as definitively safe, because there are so many database leaks/hacking that it is hard to count them. It is not just gambling sites, but in general all possible databases that contain personal data, whether it is data that is under the control/protection of state or private companies.

Each of these databases is potentially vulnerable, the only question is how well it is protected and how much someone wants to hack it. When an unauthorized person comes into possession of such data, he can use it for ordinary phishing (e-mail, SMS, phone calls), for possible physical attacks on a person or his property, or for creating false documents.

In general, the more KYC you do, it is more likely that you will become a victim at some point. KYC has its purpose and there is no doubt about that, but it is definitely a double-edged sword.
Activity: 882
Merit: 457
May 30, 2023, 11:26:37 AM

Kyc actually has a function to prevent dangerous actions, such as money laundering. In addition, Kyc can also protect customers from account breakers.

Now there are several gambling sites that do not require Kyc to withdraw funds. That's good news. But I don't know if big money withdrawal need Kyc or not. I've never withdrawn much money.

Are you one of those who agree or refuse to fill out kyc on gambling sites? So far, the Kyc that you have filled in on the gambling site is safe? I've never had a problem with the Kyc that I filled out at the gambling site. Have you ever felt cheated from Kyc submitted?
Pages:
Jump to: