Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 10. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 11
ENTRY cryptocurrency
March 01, 2018, 12:55:46 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?
Of course the team behind the mew will remain the same,few idiots from the mycrypto would run that site,but the core team behind mew will remail the same.We shouldnt be worried because these people are working for our wallet's security long enough.They wont give us any problem with that forking of employees,it depends on you if you are going to use mycrypto which is potential scam than the all time favorite myetherwallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
March 01, 2018, 12:41:51 PM
It's quite a safe service that works very well and all the gossip that today go around this project is really just gossip and nothing more. So use as long as you can. Of course, all systems are not perfect, so while it is secure use
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
March 01, 2018, 12:38:59 PM
I don't know when the split happened in the myetherwallet support team and for me it always working well recently I logged into my MEW where all of my funds are totally safe.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 01, 2018, 12:38:08 PM
You have nothing to worry about, it is just a fork of MEW, we see software being fork everytime, Bitcoin has been fork and that doesn't mean is not safe to use, eEtherDelta was just fork also and both platforms are online, just decide which of the two wallet best suit your need and offer best security
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
March 01, 2018, 12:34:10 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

its still safe. the site is protected. you just need to protect your private key and you are all good. I still used mew and only mew. easy to use and support almost all erc20 tokens.
Activity: 1020
Merit: 391
March 01, 2018, 12:15:10 PM
By looking at the site now, we are faced with several warnings of restrictions and safety recommendations, i believe it was a big step for investors and even for developers, the last hack scare motivated to the improvement. I am using it correctly and safely, but in my opinion we have already experienced hacking issues and should use caution, principally with Ledger.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
March 01, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
Yes I still believe MEW is safe to use but if you are doubt, there are other erc20 wallet you can use.
As for me I always use metamask and it is easy to use, maybe you can give it a trial.
Activity: 511
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 11:40:38 AM
Mew is safe if you use your ETH address in opening it instead of your private key. I suggest you download and use metamask because it is much safer to use. You will create an account for this after that you can open your eth without entering your private key or ETH address.
Yes it is safe just save the private keys but you know their is a risks since it is an online wallet. Some has the issues on mew with regards of stolen token though they are not a victim of phishing online. Better use a wallet like ledger it has more feedback secured coins and safe because you are the only one can access the device.
Activity: 472
Merit: 100
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
March 01, 2018, 11:39:05 AM
Yes, it is safe as before. I see no reason to worry about MEW, as long as you are careful on your side and keep you private key secure.
Activity: 280
March 01, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
No problem with MEW. I think it is safe until now. I have not had any problems
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 11:36:36 AM

Yes it is just to make sure you will secure your private key and use metamask if you are using MEW just for more security so you can assure that your funds there are safe. As much as possible avoid using private key when you want to open your MEW to minimize the risk on losing it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
March 01, 2018, 11:34:15 AM
i believe when we use MEW, it will always safe for us to use, there are no hacks have been reported recently and MEW is on high security alert, they are making their site more secure and more relieable than ever before, so unless we are deceived to use phising sites or letting someone know our priivate key then using MEW is still the safest way.
Activity: 200
March 01, 2018, 11:31:48 AM
Mew is safe if you use your ETH address in opening it instead of your private key. I suggest you download and use metamask because it is much safer to use. You will create an account for this after that you can open your eth without entering your private key or ETH address.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 01, 2018, 11:30:02 AM
My Ether Wallet is the most safety and most handy online wallet. In addition there is a possibility to add the tokens to your address.
Activity: 102
Merit: 15
March 01, 2018, 11:27:46 AM
My Ether Wallet or MEW is safe to use because it lets you easily and securely interact with the Ethereum network. We can say that it is secured because it needs a password in order to access. It’s safer than your unencrypted private key then you can store that wallet anywhere and keep it safe.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 11:27:04 AM
as far as i know mew wallet is safe. somebody claims that thier wallet was hack. but actully not. because of carelessness that instead of wallet add is to be givin during applying bounty. they use to give thier wallet key. thats why they claim that mew is not safe. its really sfe. only the holder is reponsible to taking care your wallet.
The majority of those are claiming about their mew wallet got hacked caused by their own fault. I was seeing so many people are believing to put their private key in the phising site. But the fact they are all blaming mew after they have been scammer by the scammer. This time there is another choice just like mycrypto but in my opinion mycrypto will have regular repository update rather than mew with kvhnuke.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 11:26:58 AM
it safe if you use metal mask,you should  protect your acc
rbt
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
March 01, 2018, 11:24:56 AM
Myetherwallet it was always safe to use in spite of all the FUD spread by the Blue team. Now, even if its original team has split and created Mycrypto, MEW is the same and it`s even safer to use with a Ledger or any other hardware wallet. Remember that MEW id not holding our funds, it is only an interface of the Ethereum blockchain.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 11:20:26 AM
It is still safe and will be always safe. You can use myetherwallet offline download to your computer if you want it to be more secure.
Activity: 165
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
March 01, 2018, 11:18:48 AM
as far as i know mew wallet is safe. somebody claims that thier wallet was hack. but actully not. because of carelessness that instead of wallet add is to be givin during applying bounty. they use to give thier wallet key. thats why they claim that mew is not safe. its really sfe. only the holder is reponsible to taking care your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: