Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 9. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
March 01, 2018, 09:07:58 PM
I don't see any reason to doubt about MyEtherWallet safety. The most important is to have a strong password and to never share the private key.
Beware also of those scam emails pretenting to be MEW.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
March 01, 2018, 09:00:50 PM
Myetherwallet is safe only if you do as they advise you to. I don't think the split can have an effect on the safety of the site. It is just going to create a tight competition between them and none of them will plan that but maybe it could be series of possible ddos attacks from both sides.
If you still doubt, stick to their advice: use metamask and login with metamask keys on myetherwallet's site.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
March 01, 2018, 03:11:43 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?
Of course,there is nothing to worry about with mew because it has been there for a long time,on the other hand you should worry about using mycrypto wallet because if they stole the twitter account of mew,they can do it with the users wallet in the future.They shouldnt be supported by the community because these people are very unprofessional.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 03:07:49 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?
I'm using MEW. After the split there were no problems. Owners conduct a court case, but the work of the service is not negative.
Activity: 210
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
March 01, 2018, 03:01:45 PM
Of course it is the safest wallet for your ethereum and erc20 based tokens ,and it is being recommended by most of the experts out there.There are no issues about using this wallet,i have been using it for about 1.5years without any problem.The people who stole mew's twitter account would be the one you should be afraid of because if they can do it to their team definitely they will do it to users.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
March 01, 2018, 02:57:23 PM
It's definitely safe, as long as you yourself stay protected. From keyloggers, phishing links, etc.

Very often a victim is guilty for the fact that its coins were stolen. You always need to be careful. And you should be three times more careful if you work with crypto.
Activity: 173
Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
March 01, 2018, 02:53:42 PM
Yes it is safe to use MyEtherWallet with Ledger Nano because you cannot open the wallet without your hardware.  Make sure to have a back up for pass phrase just in case you lost your device.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 01:44:56 PM
It's definitely safe, as long as you yourself stay protected. From keyloggers, phishing links, etc.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
March 01, 2018, 01:43:18 PM
MEW or myetherwallet is always safe, before and now.
MEW wallet get into dangerous moment if you cant protect your own self!
protect? yes if you cant make private your keys! or accidentally shared it! so be careful
Activity: 182
March 01, 2018, 01:41:57 PM
Of course it is the most safest wallet for ethereum and erc20 tokens,this is the most trusted and proven wallet of all time.People doesnt have to worry about because they can easily create wallets for free,if there will be some doubts that will for mycrypto wallet which is being run by some greedy people who stole the twitter account of mew.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
March 01, 2018, 01:36:13 PM
MEW is the safest wallet for ethereum and erc20 tokens and it is proven and tested for years,so why would the team destroy their repuations? are you willing to risk to the mycrypto website?isntead of the most recommended myetherwallet.com wallet? its your choice but for me mew will still be my first choice because it has been there for years.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
March 01, 2018, 01:34:18 PM
For me it is still safe, because ever since I started using MyEtherWallet i've never experienced being hacked by somebody else, All my tokens are still intact there. I think the only one who gets hack by someone is they put info's into phishing site. So becareful to everybody check the link first before putting your private key.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 01, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
Myetherwallet has always been safe to use.  I would stick with using MEW rather than use mycrypto.com.  I didn't like how mycrypto hijacked the MEW twitter account when the split occurred.  Good thing MEW was able to get back their account.  
Activity: 350
💲
March 01, 2018, 01:32:10 PM
it was safe and it is safe now to use, i think. The best option is to always use an HARDWARE wallet, linked to MyEtherWallet website, in order to truly encrypt your private keys and not to worry about anything, anyway
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
It is still safe to use MEW, but you should store you Ethereum and tokens on a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S to secure your invests. I used Myetherwallet the last 2 weeks and I dont had any problems.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 01:29:43 PM
Ive used MEW plenty of times since the split and I have had no problems at all, I like to use it with my Metamask.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
March 01, 2018, 01:27:21 PM

its still safe. the site is protected. you just need to protect your private key and you are all good. I still used mew and only mew. easy to use and support almost all erc20 tokens.

MEW is the best wallet to be considered and safe. Also its supporting of ERC 20  token makes it more special and majority of the users I think would be preferring this wallet only as it is easy and convenient for everybody to use and buy/sell coins.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
March 01, 2018, 01:18:06 PM

MEW is still safe to use in my opinion, although you can use either of the two platforms, i think it will continue to be until such a time if there will ever be, when there is any kind of risk associated with using it, and i think the team would let the users know if that happens.
I agree with you completely. I checked my wallet recently and observed that all my coins were carefully secured without any sort of problem whatsoever. I fully trust MEW at the moment just like I have believed in them for quite a long time. As others have stated, if you lost coins to hackers by sharing your private keys and downloading viruses, it is completely on you. I suggest metamask which is easily one of the best ways to secure your coins and accessing them through your private key is also recommended.
Activity: 165
Merit: 14
March 01, 2018, 01:07:30 PM
Yes mew is still safe but I suggest you use metamask it is much safer and more secured. And in opening MEW I suggest that you just use only your ETH address not your private key it will prevent you from being hack by hackers. Just take care in opening in MEW.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 01, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

MEW is still safe to use in my opinion, although you can use either of the two platforms, i think it will continue to be until such a time if there will ever be, when there is any kind of risk associated with using it, and i think the team would let the users know if that happens.
Pages:
Jump to: