Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 7. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
March 04, 2018, 03:26:56 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time now and have used it yesterday for selling some coin that is getting dumped rapidly. Judging by how I haven't encountered any problems yet in using myetherwallet, I do not see any reason as to why I need to worry about it being unsafe to use. What's happening is not something that is very alarming, it is nothing but a healthy competition about who will be the best online ethereum wallet. So unless you are careless with your private keys and other security measures, you really have nothing to worry about and can sleep soundly tonight.
Activity: 308
Merit: 29
March 03, 2018, 04:59:54 PM
Ultimately safe.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
March 03, 2018, 04:42:50 PM
It should be because it is the most trusted and recommended wallet for ethereum and erc20 based tokens,i have been using it for 2years without any problems,you should use it with a hardwallet so that you will have a hack proof wallet,always remember to use metamask extension in your broswser so that these hackers wont have any chance to steal your keys.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 04:22:25 PM
Why it wouldnt be safe? it is the most recommended and the most commonly used by our community,experts are also using this wallet together with their hard wallets so that it will be more secured that any other wallet out there,make sure that you use metamask so that phishing sites wont have any chance to steal your private keys .
Merit: 14
Marketplace for sensor data
March 03, 2018, 04:20:03 PM
It's still safe if you keep your private key safe as well Smiley. Beside at the moment you can use meta mask to make your wallet safer. Otherwise there are a lot of fake MEW website so you should be careful when you use your private key to log into your wallet, remember to check the website address before you do it Smiley
Activity: 182
March 03, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
Of course it is,mew wallet is the most trusted and the most recommended wallet by the community and experts.This wallet can hold both ethereum and ethereum based tokens which is ERC20 tokens from these new ICOs,strongly recommended to use together your hardwallet so that it will give you piece of mind when you are asleep.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 04:15:15 PM
of course its safe why wouldn't it be?
nothing has changed...
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
I have been using MEW ever since and i think it's safe, recently i have been reading the news and it still sounds fairly okay to me.
Link your Metamask with MEW to be safer, keep the QR and private key to yourself.
And of course as always, stay clean and don't do anything extra stupid/unsafe on the internet.
Use Vpn, Firewall/antivirus, malware/rootkit etc. etc.
Have a good day!
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 03, 2018, 04:05:25 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

MyEtherWallet is always secure to use and it's widely used by most of the Crypto users today.
It is my very first Crypto Wallet because most of my Altcoins are ERC20 so I am only joining ERC20 smart contract altcoins so that I will only use a single wallet.
MyEtherWallet is safe to use when you are very careful on keeping your private keys.
Activity: 364
Merit: 18
March 03, 2018, 08:38:57 AM

My ether wallet is a safe wallet. But you should be careful on your account. Avoid downloading or clicking suspicious links or websites. And be aware that some websites are phising sites dont give your information to them especially your password . Avoid airdrop too there are lot of scammer there you enter the link of your infos like email, passwords, name etc. You are the one who is responsible to your MEW so always be careful on clicking sites.
Activity: 224
March 03, 2018, 08:22:49 AM
MyEtherWallet is still a safe wallet. The main thing is to adhere to security rules and not show your private key from your wallet anywhere. And then your coins will be safe.
Merit: 40
March 03, 2018, 08:20:10 AM
As far my understanding if we are using myetherwallet or other doesn’t make any difference because finally private key or Json file matters. I am using same wallet private key in myetherwallet, mist and eidoo wallet.
Eidoo wallet may considered safe due to Ive tried using this wallet I can say it is safe. On myetherwallet the risks is so huge because some got lose their eth. Better used hardware wallet is good and secured all your coins.

I doubted Eidoo is more secure than MyEtherWallet but anyway, Eidoo is a good one but I am only using MyEtherWallet since the beginning and it's the only wallet I have now since I abandoned the other one because it was full of shit coins came from useless shit airdrops.
Soon I will use Eidoo as well but not this time.
Merit: 40
March 03, 2018, 08:18:02 AM

Your myetherwallet would be safe if you're careful on keeping your public and private key.
The only wallet I have is MyEtherWallet so now I don't have to worry about the hacks and hijacks because I've been keeping my keys into the most secure place that only myself knows.
Soon, I will buy my first hardware wallet that should be Ledger Nano S to keep my Crypto asset secure and safe.
Activity: 140
Merit me or don't.
March 03, 2018, 08:13:08 AM
MEW is good but get the hardware to work with it and then you're sorted.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
March 03, 2018, 07:53:55 AM
As far my understanding if we are using myetherwallet or other doesn’t make any difference because finally private key or Json file matters. I am using same wallet private key in myetherwallet, mist and eidoo wallet.
Eidoo wallet may considered safe due to Ive tried using this wallet I can say it is safe. On myetherwallet the risks is so huge because some got lose their eth. Better used hardware wallet is good and secured all your coins.
Activity: 237
Presale is live!
March 03, 2018, 07:50:09 AM
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
March 03, 2018, 07:40:18 AM
As long as there is no report of wallets getting hacked or a news about it then it is safe to assumed that it is still safe. I have used myetherwallet a few days ago and my eth and tokens still intact.
Activity: 346
Merit: 102
March 02, 2018, 02:28:27 PM
If you correctly approach security, then tokens can be stored on any purse. If we talk about MEW, the main thing is not to tell anyone your private key. And then your tokens will be safe.
The Ledger Nano S is one of the best and easiest cryptocurrency hardware wallets.It supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, but this guide is specifically made for using it with Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens using MyEtherWallet
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
March 02, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

That split doesn't affect the safety of the wallet. Afterall, MEW is not even a wallet, is simply an interface that allows you to access the blockchain.
Merit: 14
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
March 02, 2018, 02:18:52 PM
I think that the news about the split of the team will not affect the safety of MEW use in any way. Today, this wallet is used by so many people that it is impossible to imagine the consequences of break-ins and vulnerabilities.
I myself continue to use the wallet MyEtherWallet. Although many friends began to use MyCrypto.
While I don't understand what is the fundamental difference.

Pages:
Jump to: