Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 6. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 01:38:59 PM
i see no reason not to be . its not impossible to be hacked but is not easy . the private key is strong but not unbeatable
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 01:36:09 PM
recently, users of MyEtherWallet have reported they have been stolen tokens from their wallet, right after that, we have known there are phising sites that look very much the same to MEW, making investors input their private key for phising sites. Now MEW has encrease the security machanism to warm people about phising site, MEW is completly safe to use for now, but not in the future, so we should always careful with our privatekey before loggin in MEW.
Activity: 434
March 06, 2018, 01:31:27 PM
i think MEW still safe. keep your wallet safe with keeping your private key , dont try to click suspicious link on email/forum, use metamask and make sure MEW link is right not phising web
Activity: 396
Merit: 104
March 06, 2018, 01:30:18 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

Myetherwallet is secured and it's totally safe though my friend recommended it to me , it serve as my storage for my bounties that I get , and mew or also known as myetherwallet it's totally safe and it's trusted until now.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
March 06, 2018, 01:21:59 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

myetherwallet is definitely safe to use. Don't buy into the bs that was said by the person leaving the company to create a new project and putting the dirt on former coworker
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
March 06, 2018, 01:20:45 PM
MyEtherwallet is a combination of Electrum and blockchain wallet you can store all your ERC 20 token so it is safe to use just keep your private key.
Activity: 181
March 06, 2018, 01:17:12 PM
MEW is still safe to use until now,
It's already been 2 months since i used MEW, it's still safe for me,
there is no problems with my wallet.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
March 06, 2018, 01:13:15 PM
Myetherwallet is always safe and never been in danger.
you just need to make sure that you are keeping your account safe in public and protect your private keys.

Mew is always safe to use with a paper wallet.
Activity: 133
March 06, 2018, 01:11:48 PM
Myetherwallet is safe to use as its very effective and am satisfied with it.

I agree 100%! I use MEW wallet and advise everybody. It's convenient and functional.
As for the safety, there were not problems yet.
Activity: 133
March 06, 2018, 01:01:09 PM
Myetherwallet is safe to use as its very effective and am satisfied with it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
March 06, 2018, 12:52:07 PM
MEW is safe, but you know what is not?

1. Opening emails from imposters pretending to be a MEW team;
2. Publishing your private key somewhere in the web;
3. Storing your private key in a text file on your computer;
4. Logging in every single time in a rush just to check whether you've received some shitcoins from airdrops. One day you will end up on a phishing site.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
March 06, 2018, 12:45:25 PM
Yes MEW (Myetherwallet) is still safe. As long as it does not know your private key, and you can not log in to a phishing site that MEW is still safe.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
March 06, 2018, 10:28:43 AM
I also still trust and use MEW. The main thing is to keep the private key safe, and each time you look at the address string of the wallet that you use, because scammers are everywhere.
Yeah, as long as the private keys are safe, then the OP should discard any worries. MEW has even always been safe for those who are using ledgers to make transactions since you do not have anything to do with your private key on the site, and I am sure if there is anything wrong with MEW itself, by now, someone would have raised a flag. I have done some transactions recently, and I had no problem.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
March 06, 2018, 12:10:38 AM
I think it's safe but we still be careful. I connect MEW with metamask. I think it will reduce the risk
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 12:05:28 AM
Provided you have not expose your private key to phishing site and you follow the advice and recommendation of MEW itself, you should be relatively safe. There is no absolute security, anything can be bridged! Practising safety procedures will however keep you safe.
Activity: 201
March 06, 2018, 12:02:39 AM
ok MEW Safe to use. but before you yourself be careful in save your private key. let me be more secure and comfortable when we use MEW and always check his web original or phishing
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
March 06, 2018, 12:01:10 AM
I do think its still safe, i got plenty coin in there and i do think to hold my coin in there rather than on exchange site. Mew got a good reputation so far so ill keep stick with it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
March 05, 2018, 11:54:45 PM

I guess so. There were glitches in the past related to myetherwallet but the developers behind the website are always quick to fix all of them. Actually, I have not gone through some very serious issues with MEW. I only went through a single concern when I used my MEW in connecting to etherdelta. I guess the problem was not with MEW but with etherdelta. So far, there is no other problem that I encountered with MEW.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
March 05, 2018, 11:53:20 PM
MyEtherWallet (MEW) is a 'Free, open-source, client-side interface for generating Ethereum wallets & more.'

To put it simply, MEW is a cryptocurrency wallet which supports Ethereum and all tokens that are built on Ethereum's blockchain - called ERC20 tokens. This is extremely helpful for the investor that has many cryptocurrencies and doesn't want hundreds of wallets for all of them.

Make sure you are on the correct website and write down your private key and only store it on an offline memory stick
Activity: 134
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS
March 05, 2018, 11:46:57 PM
MEW is totally safe to use now. We can use MEW to put our tokens safe. MEW address should be right, then our tokens are safe.
Pages:
Jump to: