Pages:
Author

Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free? - page 18. (Read 28717 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
@blueblade123, that proves my point right?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
MiningUnited.com WhoIS registration info:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: MININGUNITED.COM
      Created on: 15-Apr-13
      Expires on: 15-Apr-14
      Last Updated on: 15-Apr-13

Administrative Contact:

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States

Technical Contact:

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS45.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
      NS46.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Activity: 91
BTCCheap's WhoIS registration info:

=-=-=-=

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
Visit: http://namecheap.com
Registered through: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: BTCCHEAP.COM

Registrant Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
   11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
   Los Angeles, CA 90064
   US

Administrative Contact:

Los Angeles, CA 90064
   US

Technical Contact:

Los Angeles, CA 90064
   US

Name Servers:
   dns1.namecheaphosting.com
   dns2.namecheaphosting.com

Creation date: 07 May 2013 15:29:00
Expiration date: 07 May 2015 07:29:00
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
About the email from "Jimmy" to MiningUnited....

The email sounded it is the first time Jimmy emailed MU, and Jimmy asked MU to send all payout to SatoshiDice, but Jimmy did not give MU his wallet address?! How did MU know which address not to payout?

Even if Jimmy did give MU his address in another email. How can MU verify that address do belong to Jimmy?

So, I can just pick any random address from the MU website, email MU telling them to divert all the payouts to SD, and this poor random guy will not get his bitcoins back? Surely this can't be right!

Looking at the blockchain, there are simply too much bitcoins going to SD from MU addresses...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have been wondering how you are going to scale your scam in order to increase your take.

Now we know:  http://www.btccheap.com/index.html

Just make duplicate web sites!  Nice...

lol, nice one!
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
I have been wondering how you are going to scale your scam in order to increase your take.

Now we know:  http://www.btccheap.com/index.html

Just make duplicate web sites!  Nice...
Dude, it could be someone who tries to scam other people who TRUST mining united. How would you know?
Activity: 98
MiningUnited is literally the definition of a Ponzi scheme. How does so few people see this? Maybe playing EVE online gives you a more keen eye on scams?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

Now we know:  http://www.btccheap.com/index.html

Just make duplicate web sites!  Nice...
Activity: 28
If you look at the my mining page, you can now see deposits with expected payout days of May 26 or more than 2 weeks in the future.

The latest estimated payout is May 19 (as of 5/11/2013 4:16PM EST).

You only saw that, which was temporarily incorrect, because the server was full. Perfect example of why we cannot just keep taking new purchases without restriction.

We are not accepting new purchases until we payout current users to reduce queue time.

This does however fit in perfectly with a ponzi scheme, where payout times get longer and longer.

Guess what, the queue time is now going to get shorter and shorter.  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
Can you explain us why from your adress is made a lot of pays for http://satoshidice.com/

You are gambling with our money.... Or has a good explain to this

https://blockchain.info/es/address/1KqeqiJtmtmuf8jHDiGt3kYXvLSRHFw2MS?filter=1#

I am waiting for your answer.

I am nearly to lose 0.050 BTC which was very hard to earn visiting free sites and faucets. But if the scam is discovered i am happy enought.

One of our users requested payout to go to these addresses:

If this was something we wanted to 'hide' we would have not done it from one of the obviously public addresses. All of the payouts are public, no matter where the user requests the payout. You can thank this user for being so generous.

Please, if you think we were trying to hide this you are sadly mistaken.

Wow, this looks really fake  Undecided
Why would they change all their payouts to go to SD? They say they want to make a donation, but they also plan to keep using the service. So which is it?

Why would they give you two specific SD addresses, and then tell you to play whichever dice you want? Which is it??

What is this mail service you're using? I've never seen one like it. It looks like someone added some ads in there to make it look like webmail--a bit of reverse psychology gone bad, because if it were a real e-mail from webmail I would expect you to cut out the ads.

Speaking of which, it would be so much faster to just copy and paste the text from the e-mail. Is there some reason you feel the need to prove it was a real e-mail and not just typed into the forum compose box?

A badly thought out and doctored screencap of an e-mail is more suspicious than all of the rest of it put together...
I call ponzi.
Activity: 53
The fact that someone got paid yesterday is completely irrelevant. The question is why do payouts now take 3 weeks. This contradicts the information on the site about the total time, including verification of deposit, queue time, mining time, payout verification. This does however fit in perfectly with a ponzi scheme, where payout times get longer and longer. The site is about a month old and payouts are already at the 3 week mark on new deposits.

I send my investment on 4 May (Click) and got it back on 9 May (Click or search 17jNkbxxFpVpPZimuCpSApREW5QT57kt76 on here).

I don't see how that is 3 weeks.
Look at the site. There are expected payouts for May 26, more than 16 days from now. Then below that are dozens of deposits which simply say pending and are already days old, which means their total time should be 3 weeks or longer.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
The fact that someone got paid yesterday is completely irrelevant. The question is why do payouts now take 3 weeks. This contradicts the information on the site about the total time, including verification of deposit, queue time, mining time, payout verification. This does however fit in perfectly with a ponzi scheme, where payout times get longer and longer. The site is about a month old and payouts are already at the 3 week mark on new deposits.

I send my investment on 4 May (Click) and got it back on 9 May (Click or search 17jNkbxxFpVpPZimuCpSApREW5QT57kt76 on here).

I don't see how that is 3 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
You now have more than one customer giving you all of their principal and interest as a donation, but only if you run the donation through SD first?

Very interesting.  Hmmmmm.....

Please change my 4 upcoming payouts to SatoshiDice, sent you an email  keep any winnings as a donation too.
How do you tie specific deposits to this specific customer so you know which payouts you need to send to SD instead?

You sure send a lot of very large payouts to SD!
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I would stay far away from this.. just too many peeps asking for btc and promising unrealistic things..
Bitcoin is very easy to scam with as there is no refund and irreversable..

Keep ur btc, be carefull
If you look at the my mining page, you can now see deposits with expected payout days of May 26 or more than 2 weeks in the future. And below that many more deposits that say simply pending, meaning no expected payout date. Since some of these have been there a while, any payment would be probably 3 weeks or longer after deposit. Meanwhile for days the site says the server is not full but running at 89.3 per cent capacity.

So why are payments now so much longer when the server is not full? This to me is a big red flag. Earlier it was said the whole process may take a week or a bit longer. That is now looking like 3 weeks and new deposits are still being accepted.

In a ponzi scheme, you see the first payouts fast and smooth. Then payouts take longer and longer. Finally payouts take forever, your money is never coming back.
Activity: 14
Activity: 94
i hope MU will long long live  Grin
Activity: 84
'That Guy'
If this was something we wanted to 'hide' we would have not done it from one of the obviously public addresses. All of the payouts are public, no matter where the user requests the payout. You can thank this user for being so generous.

MU, thank you for being honest and not trying to hide this. Don't listen to what all these users are saying about your service. I love it, no reason not to. Please change my 4 upcoming payouts to SatoshiDice, sent you an email  keep any winnings as a donation too. Knowing MU, you will probably just give it away to th users, like usual  Smiley. THANKS!

Until you get at least 2 verifications always assume a scam.  This looks like one.

I have always been paid, support is amazing - friendly, fun, chill. They have a private chatroom too for premier users. Love it.
Pages:
Jump to: