Pages:
Author

Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free? - page 20. (Read 28717 times)

cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
People have unlimited addresses to send from
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
How do you suggest enforcing that?

Kind of a hard one. The only thing I can come up with is refunding payments over a certain number (example, 5) from the same wallet address.

Another option would be a registration page. Have to create username and password account to use service. That would be more of a pain though, as you loose the anonymity of bitcoin transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
How do you suggest enforcing that?
Activity: 91
Hey, it works. No idea how long term this site will be, but I'll continue to use it and I hope for the best. I was one of the very early adopters.

I would like to see limits on how many slots one person can take though. I think a good limit would be 2-3 for basic members, and 5 for Premium members? Even though I'm a basic member right now (soon to be rectified as soon as I get my bitcoins back from MU), I think it would be best to have some kind of limit. Otherwise, the person who has 100+BTC's, can just use up all the slots constantly, and pretty much own the server for 96 hours.

EDIT: Was out of the country the past week and just caught up on the thread. Good to see MU moderators here to clear things up.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I was very wary about this site as it seemed too good to be true but can confirm my .05 has just been returned as .0544 Cheesy

Took 5 days from start to finish - I only have done this once but thought I'd share my experience.. I sent the smallest payment option to prevent major loss but wishing I had put it the larger order now lol greed gets to us all!

Kudos MiningUnited (Y)
Activity: 28
Sent 0.25 * 2.  We'll see what happens
Will post back next week.  PM me if I forget.

Look forward to generating some BitCoin for you!

Thank you for paying for our equipment so we can generate some BitCoins for you, and us here at MU!
Activity: 103
Sent 0.25 * 2.  We'll see what happens
Will post back next week.  PM me if I forget.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 4711
**In BTC since 2013**
I agree! ^ ^
Each one should only invest what may consciously risk.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
I do not want to fuel this never-ending discussion. This will be my last comment on this issue. But before I say anything else, I must declare that I use MiningUnited services, and may continue to do so. I am a Bitcoin newbie, I am only a junior member on BitcoinTalk with not many posts, and I just received a tip from MiningUnited (Thanks so much by the way) for a not entirely positive comment on Page 10.

I believe it is fruitless to pressure MiningUnited to give more info on his/their identity, detailed business model, mining rig, or the mining payout address. They simply will not give those out. Because others will then know precisely how much they make and will duplicate their business model. If I have a highly profitable working business plan, I would be reluctant to share it either.

Even if they shared all of the above, it would still be impossible to prove that this is not a scam. Sceptics are still going to claim it could be a "long con". The point is, without all this "proof", people are still sending bitcoins to them, keeping the site alive. MiningUnited already has what they needed, so it would be pointless for them to provide any solid evidence of his business or mining rig.

For me, I am not bothered with what mining rig they have, or whether it exists or not, and how much they are really making.  Perhaps I am not being prudent enough. But what is important for me is they pay me back what I sent them with reasonable return to cover the risks involved. That’s why I am unhappy about the drop in returns from my previous packages (details in my previous comment).

I do NOT wish to see other newbies buying packages blindly after reading my comments. I am NOT saying MiningUnited is trustworthy. I understand what seems to be legit from the start could still turn sour in days or weeks without notice.

Each individual perceives risk differently. I myself, just see it just as a better "bet" than buying a bitcoin orb or bitcoin crown, that’s all. So, only send them what you can loose and don’t send them anything if you are doubtful.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 4711
**In BTC since 2013**
If this is even a ponzi scheme if it hurts only when the service is over, we do not know when it will happen.

Until that happens, who invest here will win.

And it is silly:
- Invest all the money here, as in all investments
- Investing uncontrolled
- Investing more than it has

Who invests must use the money earned to invest again. From the moment the money is used to invest the money they have won the previous investment ceases to be lost and replaced by profit.

Eg:
Who invests 0.25BTC now, since they are now being made payments, will win 0.0563BTC.
If after only invester 0.05BTC, the money that is invested only what has already won. The loss is zero.

But maybe it's me who is doing wrong accounts.
The biggest issue will be the way of how people invest ... without thinking.

Note: I do not work for Mining United.
Activity: 28
MedUSA, as mentioned, for your review in an earlier post: +0.10 Tip Confirmed: http://blockexplorer.com/t/5hACpyKqCm

What possible reason could you have for wanting to prevent single user domination? A legitimate company would prefer dealing with a single person, since it is much less work.

What's wrong with hard work? Seems to be fading these days.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 4
can i use this service while still mining myself
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
We currently are looking into redoing this as we need to prevent single user domination. The point was to provide the service to a lot of people. Another reason for why the fee is so high is to prevent a single user from taking all the spots.
What possible reason could you have for wanting to prevent single user domination? A legitimate company would prefer dealing with a single person, since it is much less work.

The only possible explanation for this is that this is a ponzi scheme. That's it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Is anybody actually able to talk us through how this works, in terms of the amounts invested in hardware, electricity etc and why investment from the outside is needed?

No

And that's why it's probably a long con.
legendary
Activity: 12
Is anybody actually able to talk us through how this works, in terms of the amounts invested in hardware, electricity etc and why investment from the outside is needed?
cp1
Stop using branwallets
It's cool, I'm pulling for them to be legit.  I did send some coins there and got paid, but as others said that doesn't mean much.  I wish I knew where they were renting nodes for so cheap.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
I have sent 0.05 BTC to MiningUnited on 2-May. Still didn't recieve anything. So I doubt that this isn't real.

Transaction: click

It says May 4 on that link.
http://miningunited.com/trans.html  says you're #2288 due on 5/12
Oh, I see. Well my fault then, thanks dude.

I am sorry for my accusation.
cp1
Stop using branwallets
I have sent 0.05 BTC to MiningUnited on 2-May. Still didn't recieve anything. So I doubt that this isn't real.

Transaction: click

It says May 4 on that link.
http://miningunited.com/trans.html  says you're #2288 due on 5/12
Pages:
Jump to: