Pages:
Author

Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free? - page 24. (Read 28717 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
We apologize to anyone who wants to use our service as we are not taking new purchases at this time. In order to keep the payout times low and secure a payout to all current users we are not allowing any more purchases until we have paid out our current users and have made more room. You can check the homepage for more information.

What a coincidence  Roll Eyes. More typical ponzi red flags.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
We apologize to anyone who wants to use our service as we are not taking new purchases at this time. In order to keep the payout times low and secure a payout to all current users we are not allowing any more purchases until we have paid out our current users and have made more room. You can check the homepage for more information.
Just read the full story of what happened with "BitCoin Savings & Trust". Wow. Completely understand why there are such strong emotions. We have no relation to "Trendon Shavers or any related websites or services.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Returning 8.9% interest compounded daily is a good enough reason for me to warn people.  Think about it, how can someone afford to keep paying out interest at a rate like that?

Tysat You are missing some key factors:

1) Mining United has stated they are not doing this forever
2) Currently they have the mining power to pay this out
3) Their payout rate changes over time, with difficulty, etc
4) They make money on premier memberships
5) They ARE NOT accepting new purchases at this time meaning that THEY HAVE THEIR LIMITS

You must be confused by the fact you think they are 1) Doing this forever, 2) Always going to take new purchases, 3)Always paying out that rate

Tysat I actually thank you for playing devil's advocate as it is helping to get these questions that need to be answered - but so far, all checks out.
This is almost a word for word exact quote of the kind of stupid shit I used to say about Trendon and BTCS&T !!

It is just like looking in a mirror and, like I said, I hang my head in shame every time I recall spouting crap like this and defending an obvious ponzi scheme.
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Thanks for the updated info.  Originally I thought you were taking 0.25 and generating 0.30 for each member in 4 days, which would be an incredibly high hash rate.  Taking 0.02 and generating 0.07 seems doable, though still it's a high hash rate.  I looked at ways to rent GPU clusters, but everything I found used Nvidia and would cost more than they would return.  I guess I wish I found your rental source first Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/
Should be receiving my 0.05 + the bonus, whatever it is now, today....... Watch this space Smiley

Andy B
Activity: 8
This strongly smells like a scam.  Things like: No "referrals" or "pyramids"  and from the FAQ: Here at Mining United (MU) we are hoping that people initially call this website "a scam" or a "pyramid scheme" or "people who are going to rip you off".
6 BTC a day is around 120 GHash, or 240 good GPUs.  Even at $300 a pop, that's $72k on GPUs alone.

You could get that for $72k?  Sad

Was more for us than that.
Activity: 686
I don't blame you, it's just that it doesn't help ^^
Some random posts somewhere wouldn't increase the credibilty by much.
If it's a year-long member with 1k+ posts , then it's way more unlikely that he will mislead you.

Respectfully I do have to disagree! First of all, just because someone has posted 1500 times on this board, doesn't make that person credible. I've seen posters on stock message boards spewing out garbage all day long and I've seen people that lurk on a message board and finally decide to share their wisdom and knowledge with the rest of us. BTW, I'm not trying to say that I'm the latter.  Grin

At the end of the day, each individual needs to make the best decision for themselves in relation to their risk tolerance.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The huge amount of new accounts with 1-5 posts supporting it, does increase the doubt instead of lowering it.

I do understand your point! But unfortunately I can't change the fact that it was my 1st post. I guess I could of posted about something irrelevant to just get my number of posts to a level of more credibility!  Wink
I don't blame you, it's just that it doesn't help ^^
Some random posts somewhere wouldn't increase the credibilty by much.
If it's a year-long member with 1k+ posts , then it's way more unlikely that he will mislead you.
The huge amount of new accounts with 1-5 posts supporting it, does increase the doubt instead of lowering it.

I do understand your point! But unfortunately I can't change the fact that it was my 1st post. I guess I could of posted about something irrelevant to just get my number of posts to a level of more credibility!  Wink

MOD EDIT:
Fixed the quotation
Your approach is just very strange.

It's new, but it's working.

I think less is more! I think the more you try and explain your business model, the more some feel the need to bash it! I look at myself as being an investor in a startup company. Is their inherent risk built in? Yes! But like any investor, I assume those risks. I have been very happy with my return and their service to date. They have done everything that they have said they would do and then some. Any questions I have had through e-mail have always been answered very professionally and timely.

The bottom line - If you think it doesn't fit in your risk / reward criteria, then by all means don't send your bitcoins!

I think less is more! I think the more you try and explain your business model, the more some feel the need to bash it! I look at myself as being an investor in a startup company. Is their inherent risk built in? Yes! But like any investor, I assume those risks. I have been very happy with my return and their service to date. They have done everything that they have said they would do and then some. Any questions I have had through e-mail have always been answered very professionally and timely.

The bottom line - If you think it doesn't fit in your risk / reward criteria, then by all means don't send your bitcoins!
Activity: 10
Activity: 9
6 BTC a day is around 120 GHash, or 240 good GPUs.  Even at $300 a pop, that's $72k on GPUs alone.  Any chance we can get images of the setup where you are hosting?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 4711
**In BTC since 2013**
How is something that made sense of the genre?

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real

It may be "working", just doesn't make sense in business terms.

It's because this service doesn't really make sense.
You create another middle person, who isn't really needed.

I bet there is a large market out there from people who cannot mine for BitCoin.
I don't doubt that. There are a lot of shares on future mining equipment sold in the market forum (and a lot of those are scam~).
It's because this service doesn't really make sense.
You create another middle person, who isn't really needed.

I bet there is a large market out there from people who cannot mine for BitCoin.
In the long run it cannot be successful, because you will always lose to the competition who doesn't have to pay an extra-fee.
It does only work right now, because mining is so profitable.

Right. We are not going to continue doing this forever.
Pages:
Jump to: