Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 13. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 08:24:36 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

Why consider it as a crime if that thing helps people to grow and his community? Having a bitcoin is not crime for it is between legal and illegal yet a lot of people are using it because it helps them in many ways especially, financially.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
April 21, 2018, 08:13:01 PM
I don't think that comparing a bitcoin to a gun is appropriate. Bitcoin has no ability to kill people in fact it is a way  survive people in this world. Maybe bitcoin was illegal in some countries while some countries accept it. I dont think bitcoin can considered as a crime it depends on the user's intention if she/he will use it in good or bad.
Activity: 252
Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI
April 21, 2018, 07:34:44 PM
Owing bitcoin was never a crime and will never be. However, i will add that using bitcoin for prohibited transaction or deal is wrong. Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are as good as fiat money and should be treated as such.
Activity: 294
W12 – Blockchain protocol
April 21, 2018, 07:33:49 PM
I don't think it's a crime at all because it's your property already and no one should take away the right from you of keeping it in your wallet anytime you wanted to. The only crime in bitcoin is when you use it in illegal purposes.
Activity: 156
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 07:31:59 PM
owing bitcoin is not a crime as far as am concerned. it is a choice and if you believe the ideology of bitcoin and its use, then it is fine to own bitcoin for yourself
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
April 21, 2018, 07:30:46 PM
In my own personal opinion, it depends to a person on how you use bitcoin because there are some people who use bitcoin for their illegal activities such as scams. Bitcoin will be only be a crime if your country starting to make bitcoin illegal because it is against to the law, but in reality bitcoin is harmless and it also helps people to earn money to themselves.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 07:29:10 PM
Short answer is no. Didn't bother to check the link.
Yes, certainly owning a bitcoin doesn't become a crime unless we acquire it in an illegal way but if I have a bitcoin from my bounty campaign or such that  I bought it then obviously it is not illegal.
Activity: 350
April 21, 2018, 07:13:00 PM
Of course not, although some countries prohibit BTC!

Most investors with BTC are legal citizens who make money by investing in BTC.

I don't think there is any mistake, it is the people who commit crimes with BTC!
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264
April 21, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
Short answer is no. Didn't bother to check the link.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
April 21, 2018, 07:05:18 PM
It all depends on the law of the land if the government sees bitcoin as a threat and make law on how to prevent it spread in they domain then holding it in such a country will become risky but if not that I can see or fine any reason why holding bitcoin should become a crime.
Activity: 154
April 21, 2018, 07:01:28 PM
I still think bitcoin binding to criminals is just nonsense. Bitcoin was invented not for the development of crime, but to improve our lives.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 21, 2018, 06:21:08 PM
I think owning bitcoin is not a crime. Bitcoin is an investment and we can gain a lot of profit on it without hurting others. Maybe others are some people around that think bitcoin is a crime because of its simple way to earn a huge amount of profit. Bitcoin is really amazing and it can really change our simple life.
Activity: 490
April 21, 2018, 06:18:34 PM
I still don't understand why bitcoin is constantly connected to the underworld. The machinations of the naysayers? Or is he really involved in the crime?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
April 21, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
Most likely the answer to that is a no, however if you're worried about the legality of bitcoin in your country then consult a lawyer and talk to him about your situation, you're going to need to pay a small fee but paying that fee is a very small price to pay compared to the peace of mind that you will get knowing that most likely bitcoin is not illegal to hold in your country.
Activity: 2
April 21, 2018, 06:17:32 PM
no its not a crime as its a thing of value and can be exchanged with fiat
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
April 21, 2018, 05:46:28 PM
Nope, I'm not sure that it's a crime to possess BTC. Even in countries where bans are there, they ban trading, ICOs or any form of exchanging BTC but hardly will they criminalize having it. Anyways each jurisdiction has its own rules so you should check with your country's state first
If they ban trading of cryptocurrencies then you might get into trouble as they might charge you with money laundering and terrorist funding and that is the main thing they could tell anyone to silence people, other than that no one could charge you for owning bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
Nope, I'm not sure that it's a crime to possess BTC. Even in countries where bans are there, they ban trading, ICOs or any form of exchanging BTC but hardly will they criminalize having it. Anyways each jurisdiction has its own rules so you should check with your country's state first
Activity: 67
April 21, 2018, 04:18:02 PM
No, and why would it be. If holding bitcoin would be a crime then holding money would also be a crime since, bitcoin functions as a money as a money also.
Activity: 69
April 21, 2018, 04:17:24 PM
No!owning or holding a bitcoin is not a crime. It is only like on how you own and hold your money. It is not a crime until the government make and  intent any law to prohivite to own and hold a bitcoin like in other asian country
Activity: 84
April 21, 2018, 04:16:56 PM
No, not at all. why owning bitcoin is related to crime ?
It is not that we got bitcoin from nowhere, we buy and invest bitcoin with our money, so it is legal.
Pages:
Jump to: