Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 11. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 11
April 22, 2018, 03:29:34 AM
Depends on what country you live in. Simply owning a bitcoin is not illegal, but using it to buy drugs and weapons will probably land you in prison. This is no different to fiat cash, depends on what you do with it. Owning a bitcoin makes you lucky!
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
April 22, 2018, 03:21:56 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

there are many very dramatic rumors to drop the value of bitcoin. yes, whatever the story of any reason at its core all to destroy the development of bitcoin. as happened on this news. I am not sure about the truth, because there are some ico that are currently running with the developers from Canada
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
April 22, 2018, 03:17:23 AM
Well bitcoin maybe a crime to other people that are sensitive when it comes to immoral things though we know that bitcoin is not an immoral investment but seeing to it how bitcoin works might other people that are sensitive to consider that it is a crime. Anyway bitcoin is good form of investment. Many people are happy being introduced by it and i think most of the investors are earning huge profit. And most of us do not think that bitcoin is a crime. How come it will be a crime when are taking so much advantage on it. This is one of a kind and unique of investment. Hopefully that many of the investors now will come to invest so as to let the bitcoin market price get higher.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
April 22, 2018, 02:36:13 AM
Owning BTC isn't crime since it is only an advanced cash. Then again BTC can be use for carry out a crime. You can buy whatever you need absolutely anonymously. Nobody can follow from where BTC come and this is your cash. Until further notice for the most part nations permit to having BTC.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 02:25:50 AM

I don't think so. I own bitcoins but I don't deem it illegal to own bitcoins. Bitcoins will always be free and always be the best thing to own if you're investing in the digital currency. But I don't think bitcoins will ever be likened to guns and will be illegal to own.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
April 22, 2018, 02:18:04 AM
Absolutely NO, bitcoin is one of the best investment now a days. It helps a lot to solve problems in this world. Your question is just like " Is owning money a crime?" In that case it will depend on where you use bitcoin, If you will use it with illegal things then it is somewhat bitcoin will have a negative image.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
April 22, 2018, 02:14:07 AM
absolutely not, owning a bitcoin is definitely not a crime especially when you got your coin thru investment. though bitcoin is not accepted by most countries, i don't believe that owning one is illegal or even a crime. we gain bitcoins thru investment or as reward from participating in any bounty or thru trading which are not criminal activities.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 02:11:32 AM
How can holding a bitcoin considered a crime? Bitcoin is a digital currency and holding your own money can never be a crime. It is just an asset wherein you can gain profits from it. Some countries banned the usage of it but some countries made it legal. It really depends where you from.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
April 22, 2018, 02:07:34 AM
No it is definitely not a crime. It is being used for illegal activies fine, we can't deny the fact that Bitcoins features and benefits are really great that even the bad people are utilizing it. Being used as a tool on an illegal activity doesn't make Bitcoin bad, more so all the other users or holder of Bitcoin because that is not the only reason or purpose of it. It has good purpose as well, so good that it has helped a lot of people to have a better financial life. It is not Bitcoin but the people using it, are the one responsible for the actions or activities they will do while utilizing and maximizing what Bitcoin has to ofer.
Activity: 644
April 22, 2018, 12:59:47 AM
BITCOIN IS LIKE KNIFE, WHERE CAN HELP HELP EMPLOYMENT SOMEBODY SO ALSO OTHER EVEN CAN TAKE IT OWNER, ITS INTERNALLY EVERYTHING CAN BE USE SO ALWAYS, IT WAS ALL RETURNING TO US AS IT USERS
Activity: 74
April 22, 2018, 12:59:12 AM
I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 12:49:03 AM

I think if bitcoin is used as a weapon in kanada it makes badco image worse because it is used for bad thing but if it is used for it I think bitcoin is not forbidden because bitcoin use to my knowledge is free to use for anything, if done for the crime in my opinion it depending on who uses it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

Not it is not as crime as pong as your country supports bitcoins because there are some country that banned bitcoins and i do not know why they banned it in their country. So if you are in that country i think that is in china and if you are in that country you will really gonna end up illegal. But uf you are living in a free country like america and japan they are pretty much accepting bitcoins with all of their hearts and the government are not afraid on the bitcoins.
Activity: 28
April 22, 2018, 12:05:01 AM
No

/thread

No bitcoin owner wants to solve the financial problem of other people . The bitcoin owner is so smart .
Activity: 89
April 22, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
I dont think so. Bitcoin is a leaverage an opportunity. Others meay sees it as a threat to thr general economy because they are profitting more on fiat money so they made up negative comments to bring down bitcoin but they can never brinng bitcoin down..
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 12:01:07 AM
If you are in my country, holding bitcoin is not illegal, but if you went to other countries like China which the government ban the bitcoin in their country so it is illegal to hold bitcoin, like gun it is depends on the rules and laws of the countries.
Activity: 104
April 21, 2018, 11:54:21 PM
For me to have bitcoin is not a crime. Having bitcoin is a boon. Because bitcoin is an asset. We can not buy it if we do not have money. Probably some countries have banned, but the state can not imprison the bitcoin owner because it can not find the criminal element in possession of bitcoin.
Activity: 101
April 21, 2018, 11:40:17 PM
of course not, bitcoin is created not for damaging or any bad purposes, the basic idea of bitcoin is still utilitarian, it is good because it gives good benefit, so there is no way to claim that owning bitcoin is a crime, but of course people can do harm on any object, like we always say blame the person not the gun, so no owning bitcoin is not equal with committing crime.
Activity: 392
April 21, 2018, 11:05:28 PM
Depending on where you get Bitcoin, if you get if from selling drugs, weapons or something that is violated ofcourse is a crime you are involved with the transaction. But if you only use Bitcoin for you to make you rich it is not a crime. it is anonymous and many countries are somewhat limiting and do not want their public to interact with Bitcoin and other crypto streams directly, holding it will not be considered a crime.
Activity: 29
April 21, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.
Pages:
Jump to: