Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 8. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 12:09:42 PM
No

/thread

Of course not, many people are just really skeptical about bitcoin. They are easily affected and persuaded by negative news that is being circulated by the media. We all need to to realize that bitcoin is not illegal and so it is no crime for someone to have bitcoin.
Activity: 196
April 22, 2018, 12:06:24 PM
Holding BTC is no crime. It may be misconception among many people. It is assets and can be hold, only it's malicious use is crime. People are using BTC currency in illegal trading.
Activity: 124
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 12:03:35 PM
For those countries that do not like bitcoin, this is possible, but in my country this is normal. And I hope that our government accepts bitcoin so that I can have more growth opportunities
Activity: 196
April 22, 2018, 12:00:11 PM
We all know that bitcoin are not fully completed there are many things in the system that needs to develop. Bitcoin was in the infancy stage or in the process of development that's why people are afraid to trust in bitcoin. Bitcoin can also use as instrument doing an illegal activities like money laundering, scam and etc.
Activity: 95
April 22, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
Owning bitcoin is legal. Bitcoin is an anonymous currency, it can be used to make criminal payments. But this does not mean that all bitcoin owners are criminals.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
April 22, 2018, 11:47:43 AM
No it wouldnt be a crime. First because bitcoin did not violate any laws of the land and maybe some country or banks banned it because of their fear of unstable price. Technically speaking owning it would make you feel financially stable and it will not make you feel like a criminal.
Activity: 504
April 22, 2018, 11:44:30 AM
Owning of BTC is not a crime at all. By BTC you can do the things what you can do with the money. As owning money is not a crime then owning BTC is not a crime.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 11:40:31 AM
I disagree with this idea. Why is the possession of bitcoin a crime? Not everyone holding a bitcoin is called a crime. Investing right, making real money is nothing wrong. Only those who handle illegal bitcoin or steal it are criminals.
Activity: 461
Merit: 17
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
April 22, 2018, 11:18:39 AM
crime or not, it depends on each individual,
having bitcoin would not be a crime, if the owner uses bitcoin just for investment, but having bitcoin can be a crime, if the owner uses bitcoin as a tool for the purchase of illicit goods such as narcotics.
Activity: 128
April 22, 2018, 10:54:01 AM
If you are not a criminal, you will not have to "anonymously" spend money, or choose an undetectable financial transaction like Bitcoin, "says EJFahan of Global Financial Integrity. Research on illegal money flows. However, criminals can not use cash. Imagine, a drug trafficking or sale of rhinoceros rhinoceros, the amount of cash to pay can be mountainous. In movies, criminals can put money in suitcases or bags and then confidently go to the airport, but not in fact.Again, criminals still need a good service like banking, cross-border transactions, and, most importantly, anonymity, to operate cross-border "black organizations." The bank is certainly not, if you do not want to "go head on". And Bitcoin is the perfect choice to create criminals.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
April 22, 2018, 10:48:48 AM
This depends on which country you are in. As you should be apprised, laws are unique to ones jurisdiction. Hence, go check your laws so you would know which applies to you.

As for me, anyway, it is not a crime to own a Bitcoin. While it isn't so, we were previously apprised by the government through the central bank due to the influx of millenials who are investing in Bitcoin. They have said that we are on our own and that we are investing at our own risk. Even so, they have not indicated that owning a Bitcoin is a crime. They merely presented facts as to how volatile the said market is, and might greatly affect the spending power of the people. Hence, the government interference in the form of Memorandum to forewarn the public.
Activity: 352
Merit: 125
April 22, 2018, 10:45:48 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

No its not. Owning a gun can be a threat or can kill someone but owning a bitcoin is not a threat and cannot definitely kill someone. However, there are countries that bans cryptocurrency so thats make it illegal. Maybe some of the reasons why people correlate it to a gun is that it can be used in illegal activities such as scam.
Activity: 161
April 22, 2018, 10:42:41 AM
Bitcoin ownership is not crime. It does not harm anyone.There may be country that does not allow bitcoin.It is not a crime until the government make and  intent any law to prohivite to own and hold a bitcoin like in other asian country.I think this will be stay legal until this will not be use as a accessories or instruments in a illegal transactions that will result to a crime.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 09:14:11 AM
Holding bitcoin is not a crime at all. Bitcoin is not harmful at all compared to weapon. They are two different things totally
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
April 22, 2018, 10:41:19 AM
An act is only considered as crime if and only if it has unlawfully disobeyed the moral law and the law of a state or a country. And I believe there are no law yet concerning about owning any cryptocurrencies which includes bitcoin. There’s no local or national order that bans a certain group of people from investing bitcoin. Aside from this fact, let us try to logically think, is owning or having gold a crime unless acquired illegally? Same as bitcoin! I don’t know where did you get that kind of idea and I highly disagree to that.
Activity: 434
April 22, 2018, 10:30:57 AM
In my opinion, it depends on how the owner uses it. Of course when it is used for hiring a hitman and buying illegal products will make it bad but for investing, buying your needs, and securing your future money, I think it is the best and also a good thing.
Activity: 266
April 22, 2018, 09:12:45 AM
It all depends on what country you live in , so in many countries for owning bitcoin there is no legal punishment , but there are countries and exceptions
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
April 22, 2018, 09:07:15 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

Holding bitcoins in your wallet has no relation to holding a gun and i don't think holding bitcoin is that much Dangerous in any country. Well there are countries out there in this world where holding and trading bitcoin is illegal and i think holding bitcoin is illegal only if your government says so otherwise, you can hold it there is nothing wrong in it and also if it is really illegal to hold than you must not disclose to anyone there are many traders who are using loopholes to use bitcoin and other Crypto's.
Activity: 378
April 22, 2018, 08:58:46 AM
Assuming bitcoin to be criminal is the same as assuming having money is a criminal. Or think that having gold is a criminal. All three have a volatile value, only bitcoin has the highest volatility. What makes it a criminal is the user who uses them for criminal purposes.
Activity: 418
April 22, 2018, 08:58:02 AM
having bitcoin is not a crime, nowadays a lot of news says bitcoin is used for crime, I think only a small percentage of users use bitcoin for crime, it can be bad news about bitcoin just to lower the price of bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: