Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 19. (Read 2025 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 08:55:39 PM
I don't think owning a bitcoin is a crime and I don't think I could compare it to a gun. Its not a crime instead it is a bleeding which we have take good care its another kind of job which helps make more money from it. It provide us what we need. It makes people wealthy.
Activity: 585
Merit: 100
April 01, 2018, 08:53:44 PM
It's ridiculous! You own a bitcoin star that can be called a crime. Important Bitcoin you are holding it in anyway. Legal or illegal. If you spend your money, effort, time to buy the bitcoin, you absolutely have to make money from them very well.
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 08:51:57 PM
in some bitcoin states have been banned and considered illegal while others are legalized, Having bitcoin is not a crime at all. so it depends entirely on which country,
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
April 01, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal

Yes it is not a crime by owning a bitcoin so I think bitcoin cannot be used as illegal money  ir is only the new of or new method of payment so I think bitcoin has not been used as illegal or holding bitcoins is not illegal .
some say having bitcoin is a crime. when that happens is not true. we also produce bitcoin in a good way without harming

Yes its not, owning bitcoin will never be a crime because its just a currency but it was true that it can be used for it. By buying those illegal guns you can used your bitcoin. It will depend on how you are going to used your bitcoin.
For good or bad. I believe no one will do it because all of us here only wants to become rich.
Activity: 348
April 01, 2018, 08:35:28 PM
    How can owning Bitcoin be a crime then owning fiat currency also can be a crime since Bitcoin is an online currency and it can be used as how fiat currency is used . If Bitcoin is utilized to buy drugs and weapons it is a crime but these drugs and weapons were also bought with fiat currencies before the introduction of Bitcoin so I say if Bitcoin owning is a crime then fiat currency can be also said to be a crime.So according to me crime is said to how we utilize the currency.
Activity: 560
Merit: 104
terra-credit.com
April 01, 2018, 07:54:15 PM
It would be a crime if your country did not legalize it. Especially if you use it for illegal activity as well. That includes crime. So it is important to find information about the applicable cryptocurrency regulation in your country. Read and understand well.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
April 01, 2018, 07:46:05 PM
Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.
It is one of FUD. No country that capture bitcoin holders. Even china don't capture and put in jail bitcoin holders. There are more countries that will legalize bitcoin. In Indonesia The govt rule that bitcoin can't be use to buy services or products but you can exchange to IDR. The bitcoin exchanger is still alive live bitcoin.co.id now indodax.
Activity: 299
April 01, 2018, 07:44:35 PM
Bitcoin is harmless to anyone, Bitcoin can not be compared to owning weapons, and weapons can still be legally retained for self-protection.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
April 01, 2018, 07:40:09 PM
Crime is an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law. There is no law  say that anyone holding a bitcoin is punishable meaning Bitcoin is not a crime.

#Datarius

Activity: 280
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 01, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

Owning BTC is not a crime at all. in some countries BTC has been banned and is considered illegal while in others its legalized, so it entirely depends on which country one is,

Yes,  it is not true that owning Bitcoin is a crime. Because bitcoin is not considered as illegal. Impact a lot of progressive country's accept bitcoin as legal tender in their country's. Some of them are use bitcoin as payment in different kind of ways, like payment in hotel rooms, the food and drinks. Sometimes they use bitcoin to buy the things that they wants. So bitcoin is an assets not a crime.   
Activity: 68
April 01, 2018, 07:16:31 PM
No, Owning bitcoin is not a crime, sir. Cryptocurrency is currency that can be use for alternate payment and a digital asset. But it can be used for crime.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 01, 2018, 06:41:40 PM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal

Yes it is not a crime by owning a bitcoin so I think bitcoin cannot be used as illegal money  ir is only the new of or new method of payment so I think bitcoin has not been used as illegal or holding bitcoins is not illegal .
some say having bitcoin is a crime. when that happens is not true. we also produce bitcoin in a good way without harming

Indeed, that's a good insight and when you think of a crime t involved bad or unacceptable act related to policies of the authorities. But with bitcoin's side I guess it was an intentional motive, that a government authorities must think of specially when it comes to legalities of digital currency. There were countries banning and avoiding people to use or spend bitcoins, so with that I can certainly point out that when its based into the implementation of the law; the crime comes in and possibly the basis on how a person be convicted.
Activity: 546
April 01, 2018, 06:35:46 PM
No!owning or holding a bitcoin is not a crime. It is only like on how you own and hold your money. It is not a crime until the government make and  intent any law to prohivite to own and hold a bitcoin like in other asian country. I think this will be stay legal until this will not be use as a accessories or instruments in a illegal transactions that will result crime. While you are doing and holding bitcoin in a good way like in business as a instrument to your dreams I think this is not illegal because hoping to achieve our dreams without hurting others is legal is our rights.
Activity: 392
April 01, 2018, 01:34:01 PM

Activity: 98
April 01, 2018, 01:27:31 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
Bitcoin is different from holding a gun. Bitcoin is just a digital currency. It is an asset. Do you think you have an asset crime? I don't think so. I think most people hold bitcoin just for investment, and they don't want to have bitcoin for crime.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
April 01, 2018, 01:26:19 PM
Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

I think he answered the question perfectly.
He might have a link about the news but that doesn't say you should always believe in it.
If it is a crime then millions of users will be in jail including big names. They might be using other people to do it but they are still the source of it.
It is a currency so they better start treating it as one. If a big change happens then they might be the one regretting it for including it as a crime for just holding bitcoin.
Activity: 64
Merit: 5
April 01, 2018, 01:24:14 PM
Sam bitcoin does not have anything, but people who use bitcoin to launder their money make a very bad way, because of them negative news comes out, but they do not understand it ....
Activity: 135
Merit: 3
April 01, 2018, 01:23:41 PM
if I think lucky people who own and store bitcoin. because bitcoin is an asset we can even inherit to our family .
if the crime seems unreasonable. if you have bitcoin at risk it just gan true. because the price is not as stable.
Activity: 333
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
April 01, 2018, 01:22:23 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
Currently in my country, there are many ways to get involved and get Bitcoin, in which many people have traded and joined Bitcoin for years as undetected by the government, I think bitcoin should be Accepted in my country as more and more people participate.
Activity: 364
April 01, 2018, 01:18:34 PM
bitcoin owing is not a crime but it is just like other money which are holding by people for their future and for their regular usage for me bitcoin is valuable and through this we can secure our next generations because in the near future the business which are doing their business over the internet they will use this currency as their legal mode of payment and for this the bitcoin is the suitable form of digital currency and many of the business executives believe bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: