Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Paypal a scam? - page 24. (Read 50531 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
February 16, 2017, 11:55:36 AM
They are not scammers, they have high fee's, there is some strange rule's, depending from country where they operate, and there is always unsatisfied customers. Just because they have bad review from some people doesn't make them scammers, that is just need to be warning for others to read even small letters before they sign up for something.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2017, 10:58:22 AM
Yes paypal is very strange. I lost many $$ due to their 180 days limit luckily we have bitcoins now to avoid problems.

I don't think they are a scam because if that is true, then they wouldn't have grown to such a huge in an online payment system. As long as if you follow there terms I don't think you will face any issues because I'm using PayPal for almost 13 years and so far never had issues with them. I have done many transactions from big to small amounts.
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
February 16, 2017, 08:37:23 AM
No, it isn't a scam like that but:

- it hellish for any merchant selling digital goods, you would be losing a huge amount of money from disputes and chargebacks and possibly get locked if you are selling digital goods that can't be proven completely like games, subscriptions. BTC is of course one of the thorniest items since it's practically cash and the person can get double if did a dispute or even a CC chargeback.

- it's a waste of money to make a stealth PayPal with fake info, most of the complaints here are like that. if you get limited and you used fake info you wouldn't be able to get your money out of PayPal via bank after the long wait, and wouldn't be able to remove limitations.

There are credible complaints though, and that's probably the case with any Payment processor, if you use it as a simple customer I doubt you would have any significant issues though as hundreds of millions do and it's fully regulated within the US standards - if you have any big complaint, you could just file a lawsuit -.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
February 15, 2017, 03:04:33 PM
Yes paypal is very strange. I lost many $$ due to their 180 days limit luckily we have bitcoins now to avoid problems.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
February 15, 2017, 02:57:13 PM
I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.

Paypal is not ascam company, it has been established for several years and being used too in the whole world, which means there are some customers by the paypal that maybe not satisfied with the services, but it doesn't mean it scam, no its not like that.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
February 15, 2017, 10:44:12 AM
No Paypal is not a scam. Paypal is a legit business in which they are registered and trusted in the transfer of funds. If Paypal did bad thing they can be easily track down while in the fake companies you won't be able to track them down because they are not real. Paypal is 3rd in terms of online transactions it comes right after VISA and Mastercard.

that's right, and there's no way that the paypal could be considered as scam . they are now a big firm and they operated their business and services for so many years as it is now used world wide and because it is now a mainstream payment processor if ever there's something wrong with them it will become a hot topic especial on the other financial forum or whatsoever .
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
February 15, 2017, 10:01:44 AM
I got scammed by them, when I bought cloud mining contract from famous scam service eobot they told me that I can only withdraw after 180 days but just after 90 days they said that time for dispute has already past, I know I was a fool to trust a scam cloud mining but paypal should have charged back the funds after they realized I used it in bitcoin related business.

Even if they didn't say that the dispute has already passed, you still wouldn't win. Digital goods isn't covered by the Buyer's Protection Policy. So many people want to get out of a cloud mining scam once they realized that it's a ponzi scam. Like, don't you do your own research? A simple search on google would tell you that all of these "legit" investment sites are following a simple scam concept. They use the investments of the new people to pay the earlier investors.

You should've filed another dispute or at least tried to contact support and say that you were scammed. I doubt that it would work, but you should've at least tried.
Activity: 526
February 15, 2017, 06:28:06 AM
I got scammed by them, when I bought cloud mining contract from famous scam service eobot they told me that I can only withdraw after 180 days but just after 90 days they said that time for dispute has already past, I know I was a fool to trust a scam cloud mining but paypal should have charged back the funds after they realized I used it in bitcoin related business.

I also had a similar problem where I sold bitcoin using Paypal. After receiving the paypal money, Paypal immediately froze my account and asked me to explain the transaction. I was very sincere to them and even provided transaction details from localbitcoins.com to them. I only came to realize after 3 months that the money had been returned to my account but the account was limited. Now I can not withdraw the funds because I am not a US resident.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
February 14, 2017, 06:58:18 PM
I do not believe all these stories about what paypal cheating and accused of fraud. Most likely this is due to the spread of negative competitors and is purely designed purpose.
yeah because in fact I myself use paypal from a few years ago and I never cheated by paypal. even I was helped by paypal to pay or payment method
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
February 14, 2017, 06:47:50 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
February 14, 2017, 06:37:36 PM
No, paypal isn't a scam but some scammers were using paypal to scam people and thats absolutely true. Nowadays you shouldn't trust no one immediately because they are offering something that is legit specially those popular payment sites like paypal. They were offering products being sold to you and they wanted you to have deposited it through their paypal accounts and yet they scammed you. Some were selling bitcoin that doesn't come to the buyer they only wanted the money from buyer and hasn't bitcoin to give.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 14, 2017, 06:05:57 PM
No Paypal is not a scam. Paypal is a legit business in which they are registered and trusted in the transfer of funds. If Paypal did bad thing they can be easily track down while in the fake companies you won't be able to track them down because they are not real. Paypal is 3rd in terms of online transactions it comes right after VISA and Mastercard.

Exactly. Paypal has been doing business for many years and if it was scam, it would have been closed by now. Paypal is the biggest  leader once it comes to online payments and they have rule this. Thats why they charge high fee for their good service. But now bitcoin is giving all such services also free of cost Grin.  So people are switching to bitcoins quickly.
I fully agree with you and say even more than that in contrast to the bitcoin users, paypal customers have the legal possibility to protest or protect their consumer rights. Of course not everyone is like interest on financial transactions, or what the conditions are, but still solid enough paypal and a good payment system.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
February 14, 2017, 05:10:23 PM
Maybe we can say its a scam because we are made to pay the price for financing scammers with our bitcoins, maybe a partial payment protection plan should be introduced
If someone believes that PAYPAL is engaged in fraud, it does not mean that someone makes to use the services of the payment system. Leaving everyone can do and in its sole discretion.
Activity: 518
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
February 14, 2017, 03:48:52 PM
I do not believe all these stories about what paypal cheating and accused of fraud. Most likely this is due to the spread of negative competitors and is purely designed purpose.
Activity: 121
February 14, 2017, 02:54:10 PM
I think that PayPal is a safe way, you have a code to use that allows you to keep your money safe.
So many people are, how much has this payment system, speaks for itself. Perhaps someone with the event of the kind of problems or neponyatki with paypal, but everything has its explanation.
Activity: 322
February 14, 2017, 12:15:53 PM
I think that PayPal is a safe way, you have a code to use that allows you to keep your money safe.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
February 14, 2017, 11:28:51 AM
Users do not like big interest paypal and so they are accused of fraud. But if you pay attention, then all this way payment systems work.
What interest do you mean?[1]
I think paypal do not lend to customers?[2]
moreover fee for the transaction is not too large[3]. so I think people who say that paypal is a scam just nonsense

[1] He probably means the transaction fee. It's just so big if you ask me. People complain about it all the time. It's a shame they don't know bitcoins. Or maybe they do, but too lazy to read all the necessary things so they settle with Paypal.

[2] That is correct.

[3] Not too large? "The fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive" Considering that the fee is on percentage, the larger money that you send/receive, the larger fee there would be. 2.9% of 1 million USD would be 29K USD. Where exactly are they going to use that large fee? They basically just moved your balance to another account on their database.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
February 14, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
Until now I still use paypal, since some programs the internet paying with paypal. I'm sure paypal is not possible a scam because the paypal vision is very clear and the business they've been great and still leading for internet payment.
I agree with you, I think paypal never be a scam, you should obey the rules of paypal. then you will never disadvantaged by paypal. paypal scam because people say they feel disadvantaged by paypal
Activity: 154
February 14, 2017, 10:13:15 AM
Until now I still use paypal, since some programs the internet paying with paypal. I'm sure paypal is not possible a scam because the paypal vision is very clear and the business they've been great and still leading for internet payment.
Activity: 476
February 14, 2017, 05:58:33 AM
Users do not like big interest paypal and so they are accused of fraud. But if you pay attention, then all this way payment systems work.
What interest do you mean?
I think paypal do not lend to customers?
moreover fee for the transaction is not too large. so I think people who say that paypal is a scam just nonsense
Pages:
Jump to: