Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ripple gonna be the biggest ltcoin of 2018? - page 3. (Read 1780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
I wonder how ripple will grow in 2018

It could have a big increase. I think an increase is coming as more banks are using this now, or at least testing it. There might be a bit of a snowball effect at some point where it just starts getting bigger and bigger.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
For now its useless for me. There are more bigger projects aiming same target. They only made agreements with banks and still not in alive.
Making aggrements made Ripple popular around the world but if dev not work and release some bigger updates then its useless junk for me.
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
I think Ripple is a good coin and its application looks promising, but I dont think it could be big that fast. At this time and even may be in 2018, people just involve to cryptocurrency for speculation, not much people looks at the real product/platform/applications.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Maybe in the future ripple become the biggest ltcoin, but in 2018 it looks almost impossible.Ripple has great potential,it need proper strategy and good investor to raise in the future.
Activity: 322
i think ripple is not just like a big coin but it is a little good for shortterm investment.
Activity: 126
I think not. There are way too many coins with great potential and lower supply that will make much more in return for their investors. Ripple had its times, at least thats what I think and now its time to pass on the next great coin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

I believe Ripple is a very strong altcoin. It's already being used by central banks around the world for it's technology. It's a coin that has potential and great capability and i strongly believe that it will rise above $1 in 2018.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
Nobody uses Ripple. The original idea was that the ripple network would be a sort of peer-to-peer exchange, where people could move money between themselves or from Ripple to a normal exchange like Bitstamp using a gateway. (At that time there were only three exchanges, MtGox, Bitstamp and BTC-E). Then bitstamp removed their gateway, and in the meanwhile, normal exchanges started to pop up elsewhere, and people wondered why you needed Ripple with their extra fees.

That's still the case - why would you use Ripple? And if nobody is using it, it really needs to be valued much much lower.
I wish I had known about this before. In the spring I bought a lot of xrp. Six months I wait, when will the price increase for this altcoin. Apparently, it will take a long time to wait. But I am ready to wait, if I will know, that in the long term xrp will bring a good profit. Who thinks anything on this issue?
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
Although Ripple has a big boom in May, 2017. But In last 6 months, The development is not good. So, I dont see any signal about the good growth in 2018
I agree with your opinion, I think ETH will keep the position as the biggest altcoin in 2018 since it has been accepted as the most used ICO payment coin.
Activity: 449
Merit: 103
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Although Ripple has a big boom in May, 2017. But In last 6 months, The development is not good. So, I dont see any signal about the good growth in 2018
Activity: 126
Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system, currency exchange and remittance network by Ripple.
Ripple work with a lot banking currently..
it very stable..and for long term investment..
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
It's useless so it isn't
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I honestly think that the cryptocurrency is not going to be worth very much in the future. And not because Ripple is going to be unsuccessfully… I believe it will. It’s because XRP has very little value when their competitors can offer the same exact services without the need for a native asset.

Ripple’s core competition are the new breed of ‘permissioned’ blockchains that have been developed by Hyperledger, JP Morgan and R3 Corda. These blockchains do the same things as Ripple, offering to trade financial assets on the blockchain without high costs.

But what Ripple’s competitors realized was that they could offer transactions without any fees by utilizing identity management in their blockchain service. This makes sense, as even Ripple designed the concept of ‘Trust Lines’ so that banks would only work with organizations they had previous relationships with. The permissioned blockchains just took this a step further and focused only on these trusted relationships. Without the native asset, of course.

The problem with XRP is that it’s not enabling any new features, but adding an additional cost that the competition does not have.

I don’t believe that this will harm Ripple Labs in the short term. But if the cost of XRP keeps rising and banks have to pay more to use Ripple, Ripple Labs has the ability to give XRP away for free or flooding the market with XRP to bring the price down. After all, they do own a majority of the XRP available to the world and have the ability to use it as they please.

The reason they would devalue their own currency is because Ripple is competing to win the financial banking industry, not creating the highest market cap currency. Cheap XRP serves their organization much more than expensive XRP.
Activity: 76

Is ripple gonna be the biggest ltcoin of 2018?

No
/thread
Activity: 89
What happened to that news of ripple partenering with American express?
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
i don't think so that the ripple will also reach its peak in 2018. A number of other coins are available to invest instead of ripple which are offering more profit with the same cost
It depends on what Banks wants to do with Ripples technology. Ripple is making Blockchain mainstream.
Activity: 260
Trading Volume of XRP is nowhere close to the most popular cryptocurrencies, BTC and ETH. Trading volume is expected to grow in 2018, and a rise in speculative activity on the Ripple cryptocurrency can even raise its prices to $2-$5 mark as well.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
i don't think so that the ripple will also reach its peak in 2018. A number of other coins are available to invest instead of ripple which are offering more profit with the same cost
Activity: 161
I really dont think so Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 101

It will not become the biggest coin. The bank and cryptocurrency world connection provides a cool stability for this altcoin, but it will be very inconvenient if Ripple costs too much. It will go up, but steadily, and do not jump to the Moon. IMHO
Pages:
Jump to: