Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stocks.exchange a scam? [IT IS NOT - only a little buggy / mediocre support] - page 2. (Read 13923 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I used to send them DOGE to exchange for VIC coin.
Deposits not showing up in several hours. So I had to raise a ticket. But no answer at all. Finally it processed. But I can not withdraw my VIC now. After 24h of awaiting withdrawal status has changed from "Awaiting" to "Approved" and back some few times and finally became "Cancelled by Admin" in the end.
So no luck with stocks.exchange.
I'm waiting now for two hours for another DOGE deposit to pop up in pendings. I sent it before the above withdrawal "Admin cancellation" took place.
Activity: 12
Stocks.exchange is a scam exchange, they destroy coins. I tried 2 times to deposit BTC there to buy some coins(it was the only exchange where that coins was listed) and i was waiting 24 hours to see my deposit, i was open a ticket and NO support NO answer NO nothing. A full o shi.t exchange.
My advice:
DON`T list coins there
DON`T trade there
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264

PS: Found this tread by googling "stocks exchange review". I saw a video with the owner on youtube the other day. Seems like a regular guy.

Quoting my self.. Anyways. On my walk it just hit me. "So did "Antonio Garley"".

And. I bought a bunch of btcz for btc without problems there the other day.
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264
When you make a deposit at stocks.exchange, be prepared to wait at least 8 hours for it to show up in your balance to trade with.  It doesn't matter how many confirmations it has.  I deposited about 0.15 BTC 6 hours ago, it has over 20 confirmations on the blockchain and it still says "processing" on stocks.exchange.  Made me miss what I needed to buy - market moved on.  And I probably have another 6-8 hours before they are in the office to manually release it. One of the worst crypto exchanges on the internet, but not really a scam.

Thank you. I needed to hear that. I have a btc deposit not recieved and more than enough conformations on blockexplorer. (MY BTC deposit is not showing AT ALL.)

PS: Found this tread by googling "stocks exchange review". I saw a video with the owner on youtube the other day. Seems like a regular guy.

PPS: Testing with a small btcz and a small doge deposit. BTCZ showed up immediately. Doge/BTC is still not showing in the wallet after lots of confirmations on blockexplorer.
Seems like some deposits is manually handled (btc/doge) while others are not (btcz).

On to binance and check if my sellorders have been filled. Works like a charm for me so far. So did Poloniex in the beginning.

Weeeee.. Mail recieved "New Deposit to Your Wallet 1 BTCZ was added to your wallet". ;-) So now i only await The BTC and the doge deposit (which is fully confirmed on their respective explorers).

Binance.. All the curves are going down on my favorites. No sell. One of these days.

Going for a walk. Acting like no one is looking. Over and out.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
I will add my vote for steering clear of it. I have quite a bit of SNOWGEM I mined showing up on the blockchain as confirmed to their wallet, and not a hint of it over 24 hours later. A couple days earlier I moved SNG through them with no untoward delays.

Unpredictable to say the least, and disturbing to see posts that they divert to MNs to generate interest before releasing to the rightful owner.

Will not use after I recover my coin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
I had used stocks exchange and all I suggest you not to use it often but clearly they are still operating and not a scam. Stocks exchange is a legit exchange but because of it's not automated buy/sell places, slow transactions, high withdrawal fees and expensive deposit fee, you'll end up broke using their exchange.
Activity: 37
fucking stocks.exchange scam!
Activity: 102
Stocks.exchange is not a scam, but don't use them.

I should have learned my lesson before.  It seems that any transactions with more than a few coins have to be handled by them manually during their 8-hour workday (which I think starts at 7:30AM GMT)

When you make a deposit at stocks.exchange, be prepared to wait at least 8 hours for it to show up in your balance to trade with.  It doesn't matter how many confirmations it has.  I deposited about 0.15 BTC 6 hours ago, it has over 20 confirmations on the blockchain and it still says "processing" on stocks.exchange.  Made me miss what I needed to buy - market moved on.  And I probably have another 6-8 hours before they are in the office to manually release it. One of the worst crypto exchanges on the internet, but not really a scam.
Activity: 7
I had a problem for a few days but I finally got stocksexchange to give me coins back so were good than.

Activity: 20
Not sure if this helps anyone, as my reputation on the forums is pretty new, I been a lurker for well over a year now  Roll Eyes

But I've been using stocks.exchange only since mining intensecoin, and I've had absolutely no problems with it (knock on wood), I within the last couple of months was even able to mine directly to the exchange (altho i wouldn't recommend it as I think that can get messed up, some mining pools allow for it and require certain configuration)

I don't think it's a scam, at least I personally have seen no evidence of it being a scam. I probably should do more research on it, but it kind of resembles what I think would actually be a decentralized exchange (not sure if it is), if it's on a blockchain or not.  I know I could easily Google and I will after I post this lol.....but just wanted to share my experience. 

I'm now mining XSH there.  The only minor issue I had was when ETH network was congested and it took awhile to get some ETH out, which wasn't stocks.exchange fault, it was the ETH network.   For anyone who's had issues w taking out btc/eth, was it during the periods of major congestion?  Cuz there were complains about basically every platform, project, etc and exchange during that time.  It actually turned someone I know away from ETH completely cause he thought the ETH network was always that slow LOL.

Anyway, if I have any other experience in the future, I'll post, but so far I've been pretty impressed to be honest with stocks.exchange.  A few times, I would look on it for shitty coins to buy really low that I know will pump soon, volume kinda sucks tho so I stopped doin that, but again, mining intense coin introduced me to it, and I thought it would be a nightmare exchange, but it hasn't been at all.  Deposits and withdrawals have all been quick for me.

Bibox is one exchange I deposited on and it was a fucking nightmare - I am not sure if there server or website was just having issues at the time, but it took LONG, i'm talking several hours, just to cancel a fucking order. I couldn't believe it.  I don't mean to talk shit about bibox if that was a one-off, but just sharing my experience.  That's the type of shit I'm afraid of encountering on an exchange.  Stocks.exchange isn't bad to me so far.
Activity: 45
I cannot withdraw any coins. It says : Withdrawal is disabled. And you are saying it's not a scam??
Activity: 1
Hey guys a little help please. I sent $150 worth of btc from Coinbase to stocks.exchange. When it was finally deposited into my stocks btc wallet, it shows that only have available $4 of it. What do I do?
Activity: 3
DAMN just signed up today on this exchange & my deposited coins havent arived in like 12 hrs, and thats after it was "confirmed" on the previous exchange i sent em from. needless to the say the price the coins i wanted to trade with have long since moved forward in the market so thers no point of even having tryed to send them in the first place anyway. at this point i pray i can get my money back , ive already opened a support ticket ( an houre after this happened) and still no reply on that as well. so use CAUTION with this site seems risky , just hope i can get my coins back :/

You should check the block explorer for that particular coin to see what happened to it after you sent it. My XAR deposit to these guys went missing for 24 hours even after it confirmed on the blockchain within 30 minutes. I clicked on the wallet I sent it to and saw that my money had been moved into another wallet WHERE IT WAS USED TO FORM A MASTERNODE about 4 hours after I sent it!!!

https://xar.nosekefik.com/tx/364e1eea09be39532df9f14ea7395e61105774aa85fb5e155ce31b0f260f8774

When I check the TX Hash for the deposit confirmation on to the exchange another 20 hours later it turns out the coins they sent me came directly from a MN ADDRESS WHERE YOU CAN SEE ALL THE REWARDS ACCUMULATING!!!

https://xar.nosekefik.com/address/xixTGfWV4rGji2TGy7QEMNfGMfT6VfD7qi

I have seen block explorer links for 3 other coins where people have seen their funds get filtered into a MN address and delayed from hitting their account for around 24 hours. Doesn't seem right that an exchange can profit from their users (severely delayed) deposits without telling them. And what happens to those MN's when they don't want them/can't run them anymore? They get dumped on the exchange and push the price down!!!

Definitely extremely questionable business practice if you ask me!
Activity: 84
[Editing this post to indicate to anyone reading it to search, that the tl;dr is that stocks.exchange is not a scam, and is a decent exchange, but there was a bug in the withdrawal function that they identified with IntenseCoin's support, and are currently working to fix. Don't enter data in "Payment ID" field when making withdrawals for ITNS to your cold wallet, and you will be fine.]

Hey everyone. I just setup this account to ask if the stocks.exchange site is a scam.

I went on there about a month ago and bought what is currently worth about $1400 USD worth of ITNS (Intense Coin). Coinmarketcap.com lists stocks.exchange as the only exchange trading ITNS at the time of this writing.

I tried to withdraw it to my wallet for safe keeping, 4 or 5 times, interacting with their support through support trouble tickets, and they just kept telling me to withdraw a smaller amount.

I searched the forums here for anything stocks.exchange related, but could find nothing. I have a feeling they walked away with my 0.015 BTC and I never had any ITNS through them at all now.

Anyone else have any experiences with them? Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thanks,
SypsG

you are not alone
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-can-we-not-as-a-community-boycott-stocksexchange-2960187
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
SCAM. The owner is using our XAR coins to setup masternodes. Deposits take 10+ hours, he blames DDoS after being caught on this...
Highly not recommended.
Activity: 5
Dont know if it is a scam or not but it is a very bad exchange. It took way to long for my eth to transfer there and so I missed out on a great price. Every page comes up with a 404 error, no "serious faq", can't see profits/loss, mobile app doesn't work and so on. Bought 4017 coins but only able to sell 4009 of them? where did the others go? Maybe it has something to do with their fee but that isn't clear either because there is no serious faq. Too many people say they can't withdraw so i'll have to wait and see what happens with that.
Activity: 14
Surprised to see so many issues. I've not had any problems with deposits, withdraws or trades.

The UI could do with some work but it's a new exchange.

I did use 2FA though so I might've bypassed the email notification bug.
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...
Just signed up on stocks.exchange yesterday and made an deposit. Today I can't sign in. (It is not possible to find a user with specified email address. Wile I can't sign in I can't open a ticket.
Please someone help me. What to do?

Scam Bro
Don't put money there
Read here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annnewexchange-stocksexchange-new-altcoin-exchange-2706027

I'm not ready to call them an outright Scam, which would mean that I have no hope of getting my coins out, but I completely agree with Darooghe that you SHOULD NOT PUT YOUR MONEY THERE. I learned the hard way last night - the only alternative I would have had would be to purchase the coins directly from someone on Discord using an escrow service .. but I just naively thought that this exchange was working - and there are several people that I trust that have shown me they were successful - but IT'S BROKEN , so my advice is to stay away, and take all other measures to do what you have to do without using them - at least until they can prove that they can 1) Answer support tickets and 2) make things work.

OK, so now I'm quoting myself above and responding -- after weeks of waiting I can say that I was finally able to fully withdraw the BTC I put up there in the first place. Like many others I was prevented from using the exchange because their email confirmation system was broken.  The other day they removed it favor of two-factor auth.  Now when you go to withdraw, as long as you have two-factor enabled, the transaction (at least mine) was approved and a few hours later the coins arrived.  So ... I'm kind of glad I never called them an outright Scam like others have done here - but I'm also pretty disappointed in their inability to communicate or deal with their (perhaps thousands of) open support tickets. Anyway ... use at your own risk, like all exchanges, but at I can say that I did received my BTC back and that to some extent, the exchange ended up functioning for me.  So ... not a Scam - not for me, anyway.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Now, they do not reply and just auto closed my ticket.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Im also not received my JEW deposite for 4 days already.
I checked my TX, see that have transation out to other wallet. To make masternode.
Mean that, stock use my JEW to make their masternode and get reward, and they have said that there is issues with deposite. They are scamer.
Pages:
Jump to: