Pages:
Author

Topic: Is suicide the best option? - page 2. (Read 1097 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss
November 07, 2022, 04:31:49 AM
In the society we find ourselves today, many people have decided to do the unthinkable just to survive the hardships of life.
 Our education system is also not helping matters. Some who are in school, are being frustrated by not just hunger and lack, but also by some lecturers who would make outrageous demands all so that the individual can scale through that course.

Recently, I heard of an incidence of a student who took their life! I may not know what may have propelled such an action. Depression? Frustration? Or maybe heart break? Who knows?..

The question here is, how can we stop this from becoming a norm? Where it does not become the only choice available because the truth is, it's not only brain drain that deprives a country from harnessing the potentials of its citizens, suicide does too!
 What do you think can be the better option? Your thoughts.

I think we better look for the causes of suicides that can lead to this worst decision and must eradicate those factors that lead to suicides. Of course, things cannot be fixed in one go, but we must take a step to fix the problems of others to eradicate the suicide-causing factors.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
November 07, 2022, 03:31:26 AM
I think suicide is welcomed when you harbor a convoluted idea that the universe is against you, that probably you are the worst mistake to happen all because an endeavor you sought to achieve did not pan out.
 Depression also propels one to think suicide. How can one be free from this? Ain't easy, won't lie but it's better to talk to someone whom you can trust about it when you feel the walls are closing in on you than just giving in and adding to the number of suicide casualties in the world.

I hope that you do not think the universe is out to get you.
I for one admire your name choice and I am on your side.

Hehehe. Certainly not! That there was gotten as result of keen observation into the behavioral patterns of some people. Call it psychoanalysis if you please.  Grin

I'm humbled by your words and hope to become better on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
November 06, 2022, 10:17:46 PM
I think suicide is welcomed when you harbor a convoluted idea that the universe is against you, that probably you are the worst mistake to happen all because an endeavor you sought to achieve did not pan out.
 Depression also propels one to think suicide. How can one be free from this? Ain't easy, won't lie but it's better to talk to someone whom you can trust about it when you feel the walls are closing in on you than just giving in and adding to the number of suicide casualties in the world.

I hope that you do not think the universe is out to get you.
I for one admire your name choice and I am on your side.

Back to question. Sometimes heroes are certain they will die and they do die but save people by dying.

Technically that is suicide but I wont count that and I am sure many here would not.

First Wonder Woman Chris Pine crashed a plane knowing he would certainly die yet it would save many people (never mind the sequel)

Many people have taken bullets knowing they would die but that it might save someone else.

Not counting those as suicide.

But on the viewpoint of the world tradecenter plane attacks. A non muslem would think it was a suicidal act.
Some moslems would think it is a wonderful act of faithfulness. ( That is for you to ponder badecker)

I will leave all of the above out of the op’s question.

The  Standard “my life sucks I am killing myself suicide” = dumb as fuck. Huge risk factors virtually no upside. So many downsides.

How to stop it , likely impossible to stop that type of suicidal pattern.

I had a friend that drank himself to death about ten years after his mom had hung herself in the garage.

Very sad I could not get him to go to alcohol anyonmus he died from booze.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
November 06, 2022, 09:02:25 PM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 06, 2022, 03:53:39 AM
Committing suicide is a means to show that the person in question doesn't want to accept responsibility and is another evidence that he or she is very weak to succeed in life otherwise turned out to be a total failure.
A strong person doesn't feels of commiting suicide rather devicing a means of getting occupied to work and make progress in life.
Activity: 952
Merit: 105
November 05, 2022, 10:58:56 AM
Suicide is a cowardly act and is done by weak people who are too lazy to work on their problems and find some solution and just end their life without thinking about anyone. They don't value their life and its blessings. It's a result of depression and anxiety that people suffer from during their low times.

Every year almost 800,000 die from suicide and they end their lives just like this.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
November 02, 2022, 02:36:14 PM
Only fools think about suicide. When there is hope for a better tomorrow. No condition is ever permanent.

Why take a life you didn't create for yourself just because of what life throws at you? It is madness for someone to think such(it makes no real sense). Even the Holy Bible, societies condemn and preach against it
How can you claim that the only people who consider suicide are fools? Have you not heard about or seen a professor committing suicide? People are going through a lot. Or did the preacher not commit suicide? To prevent our friends from acting in such a way, we must constantly check on them. There are numerous temptations in the world, and if one does not have the patience or the ability to resist them, they will be forced to end their lives. which, despite the difficulties and circumstances, is not the best choice. Because suicide has never stopped a problem or offered a solution, we need to speak out against it among our peers. It is not recommended to commit suicide.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
November 02, 2022, 08:55:13 AM
Suicide is in fact a selfish act, it is not a choice when people are subject to one or more individual factors. It has in fact been scientifically proven to be a mental illness. For myself, suicide is a coward
Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
November 02, 2022, 08:37:03 AM
Suicide is not an option ,it's the end of your life and everything and so called suffering.  No problem comes in your life without solution and for that you have to be patient and you have to work hard and wait . It takes time to come out of any situation so don't give up and live your life to the fullest.
Suicide is basically caused by mental state called depression which is real and it exists and a depressed person can never think positive that's why he find it easier to finish his life .
wd1
Activity: 102
Merit: 4
October 28, 2022, 07:44:18 PM
Only fools think about suicide. When there is hope for a better tomorrow. No condition is ever permanent.

Why take a life you didn't create for yourself just because of what life throws at you? It is madness for someone to think such(it makes no real sense). Even the Holy Bible, societies condemn and preach against it

I believe that there are ways out of suicide. Life can get better and so on. But its disrespectful to just say that only fools think about suicide. You never know what pain somebody is going through. Sometimes life or mental illness can be almost unbearable.

Its better to empathize with such people and think of a productive solution instead of just blaming people.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 501
October 28, 2022, 07:35:56 PM

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
October 25, 2022, 02:14:12 AM
I think suicide is a crazy decision. That is, he runs away from reality and thinks that death can end everything. He did, but it was as if he knew that the future he was about to experience would be bad. That's why he killed himself. Though not necessarily the future he will experience, will be a bad future. Suicide becomes something in vain. He struggles in this life, and out of desperation, he ends his life which may not be the time for him to die.

If he didn't kill himself, he might have a bright future with his current struggles. Don't kill yourself it will only make your life in vain.
Suicide is a bad decision, people who make this decision they feel it is the best decision they can think of for their self.  I wish people who make this decision can understand and think normal that commiting suicide is very wrong .the problem is just that they see nothing better than suicide.
Suicide is the worst thing that can happen to anyone as its like wasting your life, life is God's beautiful gift we should value it,love it and live it with full heart. I agree things happen people get depressed ,sad . They think that the end of everything as they find no way out of that situation but that's not true every problem comes with a solution. Just give sometime and have patience and dnt government up.
Depression is the most dangerous and less discussed problems or I can say medical issue that people have and they find everything gloomy and they think their life is a waste .
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
October 24, 2022, 06:22:16 PM
I think suicide is a crazy decision. That is, he runs away from reality and thinks that death can end everything. He did, but it was as if he knew that the future he was about to experience would be bad. That's why he killed himself. Though not necessarily the future he will experience, will be a bad future. Suicide becomes something in vain. He struggles in this life, and out of desperation, he ends his life which may not be the time for him to die.

If he didn't kill himself, he might have a bright future with his current struggles. Don't kill yourself it will only make your life in vain.
Suicide is a bad decision, people who make this decision they feel it is the best decision they can think of for their self.  I wish people who make this decision can understand and think normal that commiting suicide is very wrong .the problem is just that they see nothing better than suicide.
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
October 23, 2022, 07:36:32 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 121
October 21, 2022, 12:57:51 PM
 Suicide is definitely not a solution to the problem. Suicide is a very bad thing to do. Different societies seem to kill a lot of people, but it's certainly a much larger centigrade. I think that people are harassed by various tricks in politics, so many people fall into the trap of suicide.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
October 20, 2022, 09:53:05 AM
This time Canada is making the rounds.

Man loses home applies for physician assisted suicide: https://thepostmillennial.com/ontario-man-applies-for-state-sponsored-suicide-over-homelessness

He says he'd rather be dead than be homeless. He's not inclined to die, but he's not inclined to be homeless either. It sounds dystopian -- man can't afford to live, so the state will aid in killing him instead of providing for him.

Canada's Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) program would allow you the state to aid in your suicide by a mere two physician signed recommendation letters. The person in the story above has already received one letter because of chronic pain he suffers with.

The entire discussion of physician assisted suicide started with inoperable diseases applicable to people that were already on the brink of death. As with most things, the strict guidelines wear over time and begin loosening.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
October 11, 2022, 03:25:11 AM
Suicide is a bad thing. People who experience stress, depression, all the bitter life they experience, are always driven by the desire to commit suicide.

People who thinks about suicide it is because they give it a chance,  they concentrate much in their problems.  Thinking about some challenges is a serious problem.  If we are feeling worried about bad event, it is good we engage on something else that will always keep our mind busy.
Depression ,negative thoughts, pessimistic approach of life is the reason of people suicidal thoughts. Life is challenging and its our test to face challenges with patience and presistence ,engage yourself in something productive to keep your mind busy and away from  negativity and depressing thoughts. Life is a blessing,value it .
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
October 10, 2022, 06:27:35 PM
Suicide is a bad thing. People who experience stress, depression, all the bitter life they experience, are always driven by the desire to commit suicide.

People who thinks about suicide it is because they give it a chance,  they concentrate much in their problems.  Thinking about some challenges is a serious problem.  If we are feeling worried about bad event, it is good we engage on something else that will always keep our mind busy.
I think instability, isolation  and depression are also some  of the reasons people think to commit suicide
I have read somewhere - where a woman mentioned that - as long as my hands are occupied I succeed in getting rid of anxiety - keeping yourself busy is one of the ways to avoid negative thoughts
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
October 10, 2022, 03:07:10 PM

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
October 07, 2022, 07:21:38 PM
Woman, 23, survives 2016 ISIS bombing attack, is euthanized.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11291995/Woman-23-survived-2016-Brussels-airport-ISIS-bomb-euthanised-Belgium.html

She was 17 at the time and suffered from depression from the attack. She was able to get two psychiatrist to sign off on her request to be euthanized as it's legal in Belgium. And if things could not get worse, she was admitted into a mental institution in 2018 and was sexually assaulted by another patient, prompting a suicide attempt. It's rather harrowing that the state can participate in your voluntary execution. Does it seem reasonable at all for a 23 year old to decide they don't want to live anymore, and assist in their demise?

She was too young and doped up on all kinds of drugs. No where near the mental state to consent to voluntary execution.
Life is a blessing - we all have been made superior creature.
Wasting it and killing ourself is not the right approach - there are people around who have survived the worse days of their lives and still they stand tall.
That should be the real motto of life  - live to the fullest and leave footprints wherever you go
Pages:
Jump to: