Pages:
Author

Topic: Is suicide the best option? - page 6. (Read 1097 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
August 23, 2022, 05:29:34 PM
Suicide was around since the dawn of humans, so I wouldn't say that it has any chance of becoming the norm. What we need ro adress and talk about are undelying mental health issues that have been taboo in the past. Accepting those issues and opening dialogs about them could reduce the rate if suicide.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
August 23, 2022, 12:19:20 PM
The topic of this thread is one that have been in our societies for a long time and still continues to remain amongst us despite the developments in our environment and literacy over the years. It's very troubling as to how some persons has seen suicide to be a way out and my wonder is, how is that?
In the society we find ourselves today, many people have decided to do the unthinkable just to survive the hardships of life.

Recently, I heard of an incidence of a student who took their life! I may not know what may have propelled such an action. Depression? Frustration? Or maybe heart break? Who knows?..
How is suicide surviving?
Of course there are hardship situations in our societies but how is suicide a way out of it. By committing suicide, you didn't survive the hardship that was ment to kill you, you just succumbed to the process, you facilitated it.

Suicide is never a way to survive hardship, its just another means to succumb to hardship.
Activity: 74
Merit: 18
August 23, 2022, 02:07:21 AM
Suicide is never a way at of any problem, because it even causes more problems. One taking his or her own life because of challenges is not wise because life it self is hard and it takes only the strong to survive it.

We should also try to check on people know what they are going through and encourage them because it not always easy and they might just need a shoulder to leen on.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
August 22, 2022, 11:17:48 PM
I once was suicidal after a botched eye surgery, I was in that phase for almost 2 years. But then i decided to live 1 day at a time.
Slowly i realised that still there is so much I can do good with my life.. today i am doing well professionally.. i am married and I do a social work... So remember there is always light at the end of tunnel. Just keep walking.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
August 22, 2022, 09:43:53 PM
Suicide shouldn't be an option. Yes people are going through a lot of difficult situations which result to considering suicide if not properly managed. Imagine someone that commits suicide because he/she couldn't provide for the family, we he now provide for the family from the grave? No. Rather the suicide will bring more pains and agony to the family.

Commiting suicide because you didn't achieve your goal is also wrong because your goal is not in the grave. One way to overcome this incidence of suicide is to find your way around your loved ones, avoid staying alone, and most importantly try to talk to someone about your predicament.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
August 22, 2022, 10:14:37 AM
As someone who has struggled with mental illnesses in the past, and still have issues with stress and anxiety, it's never the answer. Unfortunately, suicides are rising at an alarming rate, especially after the pandemic, while the economic recession is the icing on the cake. Quite a few people have committed suicide due to financial issues, and while Greece has relatively low suicidal rates, they have almost doubled after the economic recession in 2010.

Chart taken from TradingEconomics

I'm not going to say that it always gets better, life is full of ups and downs, you adapt and improve your coping mechanisms. It's saddening that society's pressure is starting from an early age and has detrimental effects to mental health. The American Psychology Association (APA), in a survey conducted in 2018, has reported higher levels of stress in teenagers than adults.
Activity: 798
Merit: 547
Leo is resting.
August 22, 2022, 09:35:27 AM
The question here is, how can we stop this from becoming a norm? Where it does not become the only choice available because the truth is, it's not only brain drain that deprives a country from harnessing the potentials of its citizens, suicide does too!
 What do you think can be the better option? Your thoughts.

First off, let them know that suicide is never the best option. In an economy where there is a high rate of unemployment, inflation, and a high cost of living ,when people now see life as worthless and meaningless, helping them with a reassuring hope and encouraging them to have believe that whatever they are passing through is just for a moment can be a big solution to anyone trying to commit suicide and providing employment and making the economy a better place can be a better way of stopping suicide in any society.

When the economy of a country is working well and citizens have access to all the good things they need, people will not think about committing suicide because they have a better life.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
August 22, 2022, 07:27:10 AM
Suicide is never an option , commiting suicide means one is weak. Their is no problem or situation that is worth a person taking his/her life. In life their is hope always hope and no problem is permanent.  People need to learn that in life we have hard time and good time. Causing suicide is putting love ones and family in pain.
Activity: 361
Merit: 10
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
August 22, 2022, 01:52:22 AM
Suicide will not solve anything, it will create new problems. So it's not the best choice. But we can't blame people who commit suicide, because everyone's condition is different, that's the role of the government to be able to help those who are stuck in problems like this.
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
August 22, 2022, 12:41:19 AM
Suicide has taken the greater control of the economy because of the high level of depression and frustration by the economic, political, religious and educational institutions we have currently in our society. This is the same reason insecurity is making a lot of waves as well. If this must stop it will take a working society and economy to fix all this. A massive regulation on religious activities and a good funding on the educational sectors
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
August 21, 2022, 07:26:01 PM

It is really hard to have an opinion or even try to understand it. Around the world, so many people are struggling with unemployment issues and financial problems. As a result, people do not have the ability to provide for their families. What can one do if they cannot even provide a meal for their children? It is really hard to understand how this situation has come about. It seems like there is no hope for them, but there is always hope if you try hard enough.

The world has become a very fast-paced place. People are always on the go, traveling here and there. As a result, they do not have the time to sit down and think about what is really important in life. They are too busy trying to make money and provide for their families. But people should take a step back and look at their lives. They need to realize that it is not all about money, but also about their families and friends. They should not give up. Life is full of ups and downs. It seems that it is always easier to look at the down moments than to look at your positive side. It may seem hard when you are going through some tough times, but every day can be a great day! You just have to get up and see the light. Your life can be better with some determination and a positive attitude. You never know what tomorrow may bring you. The best thing you can do is enjoy each day as if it could be your last.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
August 21, 2022, 06:32:34 PM
 In the society we find ourselves today, many people have decided to do the unthinkable just to survive the hardships of life.
 Our education system is also not helping matters. Some who are in school, are being frustrated by not just hunger and lack, but also by some lecturers who would make outrageous demands all so that the individual can scale through that course.

Recently, I heard of an incidence of a student who took their life! I may not know what may have propelled such an action. Depression? Frustration? Or maybe heart break? Who knows?..

The question here is, how can we stop this from becoming a norm? Where it does not become the only choice available because the truth is, it's not only brain drain that deprives a country from harnessing the potentials of its citizens, suicide does too!
Pages:
Jump to: