Pages:
Author

Topic: Is suicide the best option? - page 5. (Read 1097 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 29, 2022, 06:10:14 PM
The question here is, how can we stop this from becoming a norm?
The thing is, there is nothing you and i (that's if we aren't suicidal), and any other person who doesn't have the thought of killing themselves can do about it, the only people that can stop it from happening are those who are suicidal, those who have the thoughts of taking their own life, you know it all starts from the mind, so if they can open up and speak to someone about their problems, seek counselling and spend time around people they love, then they can get over their problems and start enjoying life again, only they can stop this from being a norm, people just have to open up.

Here's what you can do. Katee Sackhoff at approx. 59 seconds.

Click/Clash - Bionic Woman - Sarah Vs Jaime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yro3KzQYKuY

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
August 29, 2022, 03:53:50 PM
The thing is, there is nothing you and i (that's if we aren't suicidal), and any other person who doesn't have the thought of killing themselves can do about it, the only people that can stop it from happening are those who are suicidal, those who have the thoughts of taking their own life, you know it all starts from the mind, so if they can open up and speak to someone about their problems, seek counselling and spend time around people they love, then they can get over their problems and start enjoying life again, only they can stop this from being a norm, people just have to open up.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
August 29, 2022, 01:23:56 PM
Thankfully it hasn't caught on in most countries. I did heard about one Pacific island where there was a suicide epidemic among teens many years ago.

Thing is, it only makes things worse for the people you are leaving behind so it's not something you should do if you love them. Even if you feel they don't love you, then it also don't make sense to suicide. If they somehow finally see your value, then you wouldn't be there to feel that love. And if they really dgaf about you, then your death meant nothing. Whichever way you look at it, you're the only one losing.

Suicide is the most worst option. Suicide is actually a state of hopeless & mind weakness. Once a man see no physical means or options to fulfill his wish, whatever is it then he starts thinking negatively i.e towards Suicide. Euthanasia is an exceptional case, even it is also not a good decision but May be it's ratio is too low than normal suicide cases. In modern age, anxiety & depression causes increase in suicide cases.

It actually take a fair amount of courage to delete yourself from existence, albeit it's misplaced courage. Might as well have redirected that into continuing your battle.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
August 29, 2022, 12:13:07 PM
Suicide is the most worst option. Suicide is actually a state of hopeless & mind weakness. Once a man see no physical means or options to fulfill his wish, whatever is it then he starts thinking negatively i.e towards Suicide. Euthanasia is an exceptional case, even it is also not a good decision but May be it's ratio is too low than normal suicide cases. In modern age, anxiety & depression causes increase in suicide cases.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
August 29, 2022, 10:26:04 AM
Suicide is never an option , commiting suicide means one is weak. Their is no problem or situation that is worth a person taking his/her life. In life their is hope always hope and no problem is permanent.  People need to learn that in life we have hard time and good time. Causing suicide is putting love ones and family in pain.

I agree with you on many points. But let me ask you about some situations in which suicide might seem a reasonable option:

- Have you heard of euthanasia? When a person chooses to end his life because he cannot bear the pain of the disease that will inevitably lead to his life. It is true that doctors are the ones who do this, but it is at the request of the sick person, meaning that it is suicide.

- There are cases of oppression and persecution that a person experiences, and he cannot do anything about them except to end his life. In my country, women live in situations of injustice and persecution, and they cannot prove their rights even by law. Is suicide better than continuing to suffer?

- Likewise, cases of addiction for which there is no solution, the addict in a moment decides to stop the bleeding, especially if what he is doing is harmful to those around him.

What do you think of these examples?
Euthanasia is similar but not identical to suicide, it has a whole different purpose and meaning. I'm not against it in cases of severe health issues, in which people are clearly suffering. Some instances include, being in a coma for years or facing incurable diseases, with no signs of recovery, falling into a vegetative state and so on. Only a number of countries have legalized euthanasia, including Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg, Canada, Colombia, Australia, France, New Zealand and 10 states of the USA, with France and New Zealand being new additions to the list (2020-2021).
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
August 29, 2022, 08:02:50 AM

I agree with you on many points. But let me ask you about some situations in which suicide might seem a reasonable option:

- Have you heard of euthanasia? When a person chooses to end his life because he cannot bear the pain of the disease that will inevitably lead to his life. It is true that doctors are the ones who do this, but it is at the request of the sick person, meaning that it is suicide.
This is a case of sickness or disease which can end up take the life of this person,  and if such person ends up in death atleast their is a reason that can be pointed out for cause of death.
- There are cases of oppression and persecution that a person experiences, and he cannot do anything about them except to end his life. In my country, women live in situations of injustice and persecution, and they cannot prove their rights even by law. Is suicide better than continuing to suffer?
If all the the women keep commiting suicide be of what they face in their country it will not stop or solve injustice and it will keep on continuing that way. I know it is not easy to fight for right,  but it is better to fight for justice to make sure justice take place even if it cause death than killing one's self.
- Likewise, cases of addiction for which there is no solution, the addict in a moment decides to stop the bleeding, especially if what he is doing is harmful to those around him.

Their are many ways in handling addiction,  suicide is never an option to addiction. Suicide maybe the only option to one who is weak and does not know how to handle the problem of addiction.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 28, 2022, 11:04:19 PM
Suicide is never a option.  Think about your loved ones before taking that horrible plunge.
Activity: 798
Merit: 13
August 27, 2022, 07:07:44 PM
Suicide is not the greatest course of action because you are doing it because something was wrong. You're being foolish by trying to escape your difficulties. Because suicide is not supported by any religion, committing suicide means that you have lost everything.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1474
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
August 27, 2022, 01:32:53 PM
Suicide is never an option , commiting suicide means one is weak. Their is no problem or situation that is worth a person taking his/her life. In life their is hope always hope and no problem is permanent.  People need to learn that in life we have hard time and good time. Causing suicide is putting love ones and family in pain.

legendary
August 26, 2022, 04:09:16 PM
There's physical strength and there's mental strength. Sometimes a heavy steel beam falls on a construction worker and he can't lift it, he can't move. Think of a suicidal person like they have a heavy burden and can't move on their own. They can ask for help or give up, stop struggling and get crushed. We all have different weights that we can lift and our minds also can take different amounts of pounding.
It's never the best option but if you get a mix of a weak mind with no friends who can help, you often get suicidal thoughts.

Often we don't see the healing, because people don't have faith.

That's a typical explanation by people who are religious. If you don't see it, you don't have faith. If you prayed and nothing happened you did not have enough faith or you weren't praying hard enough.
In other words, if you pray for your child to live and it dies, it's not that God doesn't exist, it's your fault. You did not have faith.

But that is exactly it. With sufficient faith anything can be done.

Jesus told his disciples that if they had faith as small as a grain of mustard seed, they could tell a mulberry tree to be uprooted and be planted in the sea, and it would be done. A mustard seed is quite small. But releasing the nuclear energy bound up in a single mustard seed would make a gigantic explosion.

Fortunately for Christians, God realizes how weak their faith is, and works with them for their benefit even though they have such weak faith.

Cool
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
August 26, 2022, 03:47:14 PM
There's physical strength and there's mental strength. Sometimes a heavy steel beam falls on a construction worker and he can't lift it, he can't move. Think of a suicidal person like they have a heavy burden and can't move on their own. They can ask for help or give up, stop struggling and get crushed. We all have different weights that we can lift and our minds also can take different amounts of pounding.
It's never the best option but if you get a mix of a weak mind with no friends who can help, you often get suicidal thoughts.

That's a typical explanation by people who are religious. If you don't see it, you don't have faith. If you prayed and nothing happened you did not have enough faith or you weren't praying hard enough.
In other words, if you pray for your child to live and it dies, it's not that God doesn't exist, it's your fault. You did not have faith.
I hate religious people's views regarding suicide and death. It was either God's will or your fault for not being religious enough. Despite that, since OP started a pretty sensitive subject, has any of you lost someone close to suicide?

A few years ago, my English teacher committed suicide, we spent 3 years having English lessons as a teenager, including summer sessions during my last year of my Proficiency certificate. He always looked so cheerful, could have never imaged that he'd do something like this. He was always dressed neatly and had a great personality and style, nothing could possibly foresee that in reality, he was suffering. The last time I saw him was during my first year in university, a year later, he suicided.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
August 26, 2022, 02:11:43 PM

legendary
August 26, 2022, 01:29:25 PM
Jesus is the best option.

Shortly after Jesus ascended into Heaven, He and the Father sent the Holy Spirit to people. The Holy Spirit not only brings salvation to souls, but He also heals people from their diseases.

Find out about God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Read the Bible. Get to Church on a regular basis. Strengthen your faith in God and healing this way.

Suicide is from the devil. Don't kill yourself, thereby letting Satan win.

Cool
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
August 26, 2022, 12:22:47 PM
Overcoming mental stress is not easy at all. Some people allow depression to overwhelme them that they won't have any solution on how to address it. I have always have this understanding that instead of allowing problems to make me think to be disorganised I will rather think on how to solve the problem. Life is always beautiful irrespective of the difficulties one maybe facing,  difficulties are not meant to remain permanent.
Activity: 784
Merit: 115
August 26, 2022, 11:01:17 AM
If someone is desperate and thinks there is no way out of their problem, they will think that suicide is the best way. They will not be able to think of what they can do to improve themselves.

Maybe only by acknowledging what they have done, accepting the consequences of that action, and living it with all their might. If there is support from the surrounding environment, I think they will be able to do it. To prevent this, giving a second chance to those who think suicide is the best solution may be necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
August 26, 2022, 09:51:40 AM
In fact, this is one of the most dim-witted titles for a thread I have ever seen here.

Suicide is never an option , commiting suicide means one is weak. Their is no problem or situation that is worth a person taking his/her life. In life their is hope always hope and no problem is permanent.  People need to learn that in life we have hard time and good time. Causing suicide is putting love ones and family in pain.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Let me emphasise:

no problem is permanent

and

commiting suicide means one['s mental resolve] is weak.

That should be all you need to know.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
August 25, 2022, 11:32:29 PM
Suicide was around since the dawn of humans, so I wouldn't say that it has any chance of becoming the norm. What we need ro adress and talk about are undelying mental health issues that have been taboo in the past. Accepting those issues and opening dialogs about them could reduce the rate if suicide.
It's true that Suicide has been their the dawn of human,but that does not mean human being should be victims,it would be good if man knows the value of life,and live, than having a feeling that life has no meaning.When depression sets in  one's life,the next thing that follows it is a thought that suicide is the only solution.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 78
August 24, 2022, 06:31:56 PM
Ever since the issue of covid-19 happened which also cause the world economic break down it has been hard for common to survive but the sad thing is that those that ought to help the less privileged are not doing anything and when people are depressed and couldn't see a shoulder to cry on its easy for them to commit suicide.
The only way we can stop this from becoming a norm is let people who are having a hard time know they are not alone and we should be ready to help others.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
August 23, 2022, 07:53:29 PM
The statistics on suicide show that its primarily developed countries that have higher rates of suicide relative to countries with extreme poverty. Why is it that communities and countries in Africa, impoverished severely, low quality of life, plagued by famine and disease, have lower rates of suicide than places like South Korea or some European countries?

Culture plays a large role. I speculate that the internet/social media also plays a role, which attenuates the drug problem amongst the youth today as well.

I don't know what the solution would be, though I want to bring up a related but separate issue of euthanasia/physician assisted suicide. Suicide is not the best option under any circumstances, and I fear with suicide rates increasing there will be a move closer to euthanasia under the guise of compassion.

Suicide rates by country source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/suicide-rate-by-country

Africa and Latin America have higher rates of poverty, yet lower suicide rates.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 23, 2022, 06:48:17 PM
Suicide was around since the dawn of humans, so I wouldn't say that it has any chance of becoming the norm. What we need ro adress and talk about are undelying mental health issues that have been taboo in the past. Accepting those issues and opening dialogs about them could reduce the rate if suicide.

Yes suicide is as old as man but the suicide as of then is not like these days happening. Suicide is not a norm but it is a man made. I always quote theorists who had propounded human nature. Such theorists are: Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Rousseau etc. These people had given the different way human being behave. But best theorist of mine is Rousseau. Who said, Human being is good but the society he found himself corrupt him. Now concerning the OP, from the beginning of the childhood as human the person is good but as he grew up to mingle with others and in the process they hurt him so he become angry, and that process the child which was having the pure mind became wicked. And do the unthinkable. Now I may say in the contemporary society. Government is the major cause of suicides. Why because when someone has spent 4 to 6 years in university and at the end the person is hope in the society because there is no job for him to take care of his daily needs. so the best option for him is to die and leave the suffering world of dilemma.  Therefore my suggestion to cube this social dilemma is for the government to provide guarantee jobs for the best graduating students in all level of education.
Pages:
Jump to: