Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Syan a real deal? - page 3. (Read 7628 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
please keep us updated -- i just put a considerable amount into this.... then saw this post.  then looked up the zahranigroup.com and they state a UAE address but no UAE number.  This is HORRIBLE!!  and the escrow site has no history online...  guys did we just get ......?  NO BODY BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!  THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A UAE NUMBER OR REGISTRATION IN DUBAI.... AND HOW CAN AN ARABIC COMPANY NOT EVEN HAVE THEIR WEBSITE IN ARABIC
Activity: 7
January 07, 2018, 10:54:45 PM
News article updated at https://www.bitsonline.com/syan-technologies-koji-tanaka/
They mentioned, its a possible scam, they are trying to reach out to the company and their parent group "Zahrani group".
Activity: 4
January 06, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
Although all this stuff looks like a scam, just for fun but with the hope...
I placed an order and almost immediately  I got an email from their Escrow agent and I guess it is definitely an auto-reply. There was around 5:30 AM in Hong Kong when I got it.  Escrow's website looks like a real and has the physical address so I found a company who is the property manager and have sent a message for them just in case to double check do Escrow Agent is renting a real office in the building pointed in the address. I have a couple friends in Hong Kong so I probably would ask to visit the address in case the landlord will not answer.
Activity: 53
January 06, 2018, 04:28:12 AM
Hhaha true. From day 1 wishful thinking so really hope this wish comes true 🤪
Activity: 5
January 06, 2018, 12:32:05 AM
We can relax!!! They probably oaid late or ran out of bandwidth 😃 Few more weeks then we can call this one it was a close call lol

Wishful thinking but we can always hope!
January 06, 2018, 12:28:23 AM
We can relax!!! They probably oaid late or ran out of bandwidth 😃 Few more weeks then we can call this one it was a close call lol
Activity: 5
January 05, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
The site is back up fyi. I spent .49 btc on these back in Nov. Likely a scam but interesting the site is back up.
Activity: 19
January 05, 2018, 11:06:15 PM
It's a little important to me.  If they were a member of the group, then obviously, that's who you sue.  I guess I'll need to get a lawyer involved next week.  *sigh*
January 05, 2018, 09:18:24 PM
So is this a true statement from Syan or not?

"Syan are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong-based FinTech subsidiary of the multi-national investment giant and finance conglomerate the Zahrani Group."

Has anyone confirmed any part of it?

Their website (https://syanmining.com) is suspended as of now. Also, I tried contacting Zahrani group about 10 days ago, but didn't got any reply.
January 05, 2018, 09:06:09 PM
So is this a true statement from Syan or not?

"Syan are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong-based FinTech subsidiary of the multi-national investment giant and finance conglomerate the Zahrani Group."

Has anyone confirmed any part of it?
January 05, 2018, 08:10:01 PM
Finally, they have revealed themselves."Account Suspended"
January 05, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
I would normally say something optimistic like maybe they forgot to pay the hosting or ran out of bandwidth but if it walks like a duck and now quacks like a duck... it is a f’kn duck!
January 05, 2018, 03:50:02 PM
Today the Syan Mining website is down.  I think that pretty much settles it.  Wow, I sure learned this lesson the hard way.  But still getting your hands on miners (as in bulk miners over 60 units) isn't very easy now.

Between miner companies being outright fake and others selling product many months before they can deliver, it seems buying Bitcoin miners is a minefield of unknowns.  A miner is something that has a short shelf life, potentially, such that getting it late could cause one to not even break even.  Companies should not only provide escrow but also escrow with an delivery expiration.  Why?  Because if I order from Bitmain, for example, today and they take until May but I could have ordered say from Canaan and got the product the end of March (or vice versa), that matters a lot in mining.  In fact it might be all that matters in some extreme cases.  
January 05, 2018, 04:27:04 AM
So far no proof here about your claims and accusations. When I am reading most of their articles they seems to be a pretty legit when it comes to mining probably some minor delays in some of their confirmations but hey nobody's perfect right let us just wait and see if there were really victims by them which have legit proof.

Totally agree. Due to all the past scams no media would touch them until they have tested units or seen delivery so its a challenge. Also being china they will only reveal look, feel and design on the finished and shipped product otherwise 10 other factories produce them before they do. It can still go both ways but way too early to label them anything. Most complaints so far as to do with escrow and refund well you have no refund with escrow unless manufacturer fails to deliver and that date has not passed. Anyway glad I am not the only one thinking its too early to have any evidence to call them not legit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 14
January 04, 2018, 06:35:39 PM
So far no proof here about your claims and accusations. When I am reading most of their articles they seems to be a pretty legit when it comes to mining probably some minor delays in some of their confirmations but hey nobody's perfect right let us just wait and see if there were really victims by them which have legit proof.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 04, 2018, 02:19:38 PM
The might be hope for those who ordered. For starters the SHA256 will only be shipped 2nd/3rd week of January so let's say some time at the end of January. Until that time has come and gone we just cannot call it so there is hope left. Mostly we hope it's the the real deal and a true competitor for Bitmain and if not it is going to rip trust in the mining community even further and that will definitely be the end of "pre-order" from new companies.
It won't be the end of anything. There have been plenty of pre-order scams, and more keep appearing and people just blindly send payments. There's a sucker born every minute
January 04, 2018, 07:41:37 AM
The might be hope for those who ordered. For starters the SHA256 will only be shipped 2nd/3rd week of January so let's say some time at the end of January. Until that time has come and gone we just cannot call it so there is hope left. Mostly we hope it's the the real deal and a true competitor for Bitmain and if not it is going to rip trust in the mining community even further and that will definitely be the end of "pre-order" from new companies.
January 03, 2018, 03:10:35 PM
Does not confirm anything but the CTO has been given blockchain tech projects so its a possible good sign lol... zahranigroup.com/team/ Koji Tanaka

Wow, this was (or is) a pretty elaborate scam, folks.  Of course, the reward was a lot too.  Think about it: they have been collecting people's money since October for fake miners, quite expensive pieces of equipment.  Now Bitcoin folks and miners are not really poor people that can probably afford it too.  A lot of people in Bitcoin became pretty wealthy over the last few years--it was almost hard to touch the whole thing without making quite a bit of money--so it's a deep pool of money to attack.  I wouldn't be surprised if Syan collected a million or two in Bitcoin since October, maybe more.  I guess this just goes to show me personally that Bitcoin products and services need to be vetted a lot more skeptically than others I've ever been involved in.  It seems that these people probably come from the dark corners of the web for which we owe Bitcoin's origins.  It's sure taught me a thing or two.
January 03, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Does not confirm anything but the CTO has been given blockchain tech projects so its a possible good sign lol... zahranigroup.com/team/ Koji Tanaka
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 03, 2018, 03:29:55 AM
NO. It is a fake.

There are no operations in UAE; Hong Kong or China; the kid is in Los Angeles, I have tracked his emails to his phone. Will be calling the department of treasury tomorrow.
I'd call the police now.
Pages:
Jump to: