Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Syan a real deal? - page 8. (Read 7628 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
October 10, 2017, 10:16:01 PM
***  Syan miner is a SCAM! If someone buys their miners without a well-known and trusted Forum User 1st getting one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***
I for one will NOT kick myself...
Anyone who went through the hardware-hell of 2013-14 and remember the likes of BFL, Bitmine.ch/AMT, Hashfast, and many other screwup/scam operations - some of whom btw actually did eventually produce some (crappy) hardware - are more than content to wait for proof of product. Only then will we part with our $$

I am sure there is great interest among those who think a pay-for-publication PR spiel in cryptocoin news or other site talks about a real product. The scammers COUNT on that.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
October 10, 2017, 10:04:38 PM
As I see it, someone will take a chance and will order these, demo units or not.

If it is real, and performs close to what is advertised, they will sell as many as they can produce.

We do not know what the interest level is other than those who post here and are skeptical (count me among those). You may also count me among those that will kick myself for not taking a chance if it does in fact play out.

I will wait and see Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 09:01:03 PM
I always offer them to take a demo  model and run a long thread.
After 2-3 weeks use I return it or buy it.

I really wish they would send you one to test out. Did you already contact them and did they reply or just straight up ignore you?

The emails are above.

To repeat less then a day of email contact and they opened presales two weeks early.

Read those emails and draw your own conclusion as to why they opened preorders early.

Also draw your own conclusion as to why they told me pay for the demo up front.

That seems questionable at best.  They stand to make $10-100mm/year and can't sacrifice $500 (likely unit cost?) to etablish a reputation in the community?

I've been a fan of your reviews and purchased $10k worth of Avalon 741 (great units btw) based on your recommendation.  

Syan seems penny wise and pound foolish.
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
October 10, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

I really wish they would send you one to test out. Did you already contact them and did they reply or just straight up ignore you?

They can't send Phil what they don't have.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
October 10, 2017, 10:32:23 AM

The emails are above.

To repeat less then a day of email contact and they opened presales two weeks early.

Read those emails and draw your own conclusion as to why they opened preorders early.

Also draw your own conclusion as to why they told me pay for the demo up front.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 09:22:39 AM

legendary
October 10, 2017, 09:07:53 AM
Sound is literally the least important aspect of miner hardware, especially to a company that would like to sell a large quantity of units. One decent sized farm places single orders most likely equal to an entire years worth of solo purchases from home users. There is no money to be made

What matters is price, efficiency, 30/60/90 day failure rates, and the ability to buy in bulk with reasonable shipping times.

Also, Syan is still saying all the wrong things if they are in fact a legit company. They offer a FIVE YEAR warranty on mining gear? How many color guard troops waving red flags does it take to clue people in?

For home-miners, noise is literally the most important aspect next to efficiency, especially to a company that specializes in serving home-miners, a market that is completely and utterly untapped into...

Having said that, just tried to order more than 5 miners (as they said the limit was in this dubios press coverage) and it was no problem. Of course, I didn't go through but it might be worthwhile to notice that it's 158$ for shipping no matter how many you order, kind of strange Smiley

They did not get back to me Once again  I stress :

zero proof it exists
 2k out of pocket
 jan delivery

vs bitmain s-9

it exists
1.3k out of pocket
nov delivery

or avalon
800   well buy 2 so 1700 out of pocket
nov delivery.

While I am a gear junkie  and I have had so many different pieces of gear.
I won't risk 2k for this.

I am well established here  having escrowed more then 100,000 usd with zero issues
I have sold more then 50,000 usd in gear here either  gently used or new.
My trust is really good.
So I will not chase gear from new builders.

Did this with pandaminer  and said I like it and purchased it.
Pandaminer did a lot of sales and then decided to become a really poor service company. Made a newer model that was not as good.
I then withdrew my recommendation. From them.

I ran a long thread on the spondoolies sp20

I ran a long thread on the avalon 4 ------- nice quiet miner.
Activity: 168
October 10, 2017, 04:37:45 AM
Sound is literally the least important aspect of miner hardware, especially to a company that would like to sell a large quantity of units. One decent sized farm places single orders most likely equal to an entire years worth of solo purchases from home users. There is no money to be made

What matters is price, efficiency, 30/60/90 day failure rates, and the ability to buy in bulk with reasonable shipping times.

Also, Syan is still saying all the wrong things if they are in fact a legit company. They offer a FIVE YEAR warranty on mining gear? How many color guard troops waving red flags does it take to clue people in?

For home-miners, noise is literally the most important aspect next to efficiency, especially to a company that specializes in serving home-miners, a market that is completely and utterly untapped into...

Having said that, just tried to order more than 5 miners (as they said the limit was in this dubios press coverage) and it was no problem. Of course, I didn't go through but it might be worthwhile to notice that it's 158$ for shipping no matter how many you order, kind of strange Smiley
legendary
October 09, 2017, 09:05:36 PM
And unfortunately they, the WSJ, CNBC and several other legit news site also readily published the Bullsh** PR's for Foxminers and others scams. Seems they just publish what the PR agencies send them and never look into the companies.
Shitty writers gotta make money somehow. Most of the writers are terribly inexperienced with crypto in general and they don't see these miners the same way we do, unfortunately. I just hope people grow brains and actually research miners before purchase, which a lot of people don't do and fall for scams like the Foxminers and other vaporware.

I think they know exactly what they are doing.
It gives all crypto-coins a bad name  if they report a scam.

Sooo  fill in the dots.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
October 09, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
And unfortunately they, the WSJ, CNBC and several other legit news site also readily published the Bullsh** PR's for Foxminers and others scams. Seems they just publish what the PR agencies send them and never look into the companies.
Shitty writers gotta make money somehow. Most of the writers are terribly inexperienced with crypto in general and they don't see these miners the same way we do, unfortunately. I just hope people grow brains and actually research miners before purchase, which a lot of people don't do and fall for scams like the Foxminers and other vaporware.
legendary
October 09, 2017, 07:48:41 PM
And this is most likely not a place for anyone to put money into.

If they are real you are not going to know it since they now want 2k up front for Jan 2018 delivery.

My thoughts are I don't need the gear.

I have s-9
I have Avalon 741
I have Avalon 721
I have gpus.
I have gear in the solar array.

I put in an order today they want 158 to ship and 1895. So 2053

To bad.  Wish them luck
legendary
October 09, 2017, 07:43:32 PM
***  Syan miner is a SCAM! If someone buys their miners without a well-known and trusted Forum User 1st getting one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***
Activity: 149
October 09, 2017, 07:41:51 PM
I wouldn't send my money to unknown miner company in the far west. someone need to test it first
legendary
October 09, 2017, 07:16:40 PM

while sound may be unimportant to large farms.  this company is specifically looking to bring mining back to miners in house.

https://syanmining.com/

but this came today

http://www.abnewswire.com/pressreleases/syan-technologies-vega-bitcoin-miner-opens-for-business_150148.html

OCTOBER 9, 2017 BY ADMIN
Syan Technologies’ Vega Bitcoin Miner Opens For Business
The Vega Home Bitcoin Miner from Syan Technologies went on pre-sale at 9AM on Monday 9th October, two weeks ahead of schedule. Customers can expect delivery of their new units in mid to late January, though Syan anticipates that many prospective buyers will be disappointed due to the unprecedented interest generated by the new machine.
“We have just under 1200 units available to the public in this batch, and are limiting customers to 5 machines per order to try to service as many individual customers as possible; but we’ve had so much interest already I fully expect batch 1 to be sold out within the week, possibly within a couple of days,” said Koji Tanaka, Syan Technologies’ project manager and spokesperson speaking from the group’s new Hong Kong facility. “We’ve also had many requests for larger numbers of machines for farm use, but have been unable to accept their orders. I’m currently trying to pull forward the production schedules for batch 2. Quite frankly we didn’t expect such overwhelming interest so soon. We’ve done very little marketing – our new machine speaks for itself I think. We’re hoping to get our hands on the first real production model within the next few weeks and already have a number of units lined up for demonstration and review purposes. We’re all working hard here to keep everything on track, and so far we’re succeeding.”

The Vega Home Bitcoin Miner is the first machine in the Vega series of currency miners, incorporating Syan’s new 14nm ASIC STA1220 chip and delivering 13.5TH/S and an efficiency ratio of 0.078 J/GHs, a good 20% better than its nearest competitor, the Bitmain Antminer S9. The retail price for the new machine is US$1,895.00 plus shipping. Syan also have a SCRYPT miner in the pipeline though no performance, release date or price details are available as yet.

Syan Technologies are a Hong Kong based designer and producer of digital currency mining machines and FinTech, currently focusing on the release of their Vega Home Currency Mining series. They comprise a dedicated and highly motivated team of designers, technicians and mathematicians of diverse backgrounds – from as far afield as California, London, Sweden, Russia and Vietnam – with just one thing in common; they aim to design and produce the most cost-efficient and durable ASIC mining machines in the world.

For further information please go to www.syanmining.com

Media Contact
Company Name: Syan Technologies Limited
Contact Person: Samuel Cornwell
Email: Send Email
Phone: +852-2861-8794
Address:Yen Sheng Centre, 64 Hoi Yuen Rd.
City: Kwun Tong
State: Hong Kong SAR

legendary
October 09, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

Can't hurt to try and see if they're legit. If they're new to the mining scene they might just be inexperienced with everything, but lower sound could still be a small plus, even if it's not a huge bump up in sales. I do find it a little strange they aren't willing to distribute any units for review, though. Even one Hotmine gave out a few units of their Bitfury miner for review, and we all know how elusive those things are.
Exactly.
Once again to repeat the 'How to prove they are a REAL miner maker' Mantra:
a. Do the Tradeshow route to get (legit) press coverage of one running to show the general public you at least built something and have a working design. There are BTC trade shows running several times a year all around the world. Once again, that is where Hotmine first showed their miner to the world and what led to Haggsfin bugging them to do a review. Worked very well for them Wink

b. Start an official Syan thread here for announcements and LEGIT press coverage links -- NOT Pay-for-Placement PR releases who's only verification is that the customer's check to their PR agency cleared the bank as payment for the 'news release' being distributed..

c. Solicit very-well known reputable users here to do a review of it with the usual conditions: Send it to them gratis, they do a yay/nay/meh review of it with pictures and screenshots. After a week or 2 of testing the reviewer will then either return it or if they really like it - pay for the one they were sent. Proven reviewers are NOT looking to 'get a free miner'. They are looking to prove a company actually can make a product that works. After ther review it WILL either be returned or then paid for. Providing demo units is a MARKETING EXPENSE and in no way a risk to the manufacturer.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
October 09, 2017, 05:38:50 PM

Can't hurt to try and see if they're legit. If they're new to the mining scene they might just be inexperienced with everything, but lower sound could still be a small plus, even if it's not a huge bump up in sales. I do find it a little strange they aren't willing to distribute any units for review, though. Even one Hotmine gave out a few units of their Bitfury miner for review, and we all know how elusive those things are.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 09, 2017, 05:32:58 PM

legendary
October 09, 2017, 03:58:48 PM
Obviously we cannot send out units for review at "no cost" as you request, but, if you wish, once batch 1 is ready for shipping we will gladly send you a machine upon receipt of the full retail price, and will refund the same inc. shipping once your review is published, should you wish not to keep it.
In my book, swing and a miss....
Yes any business CAN and SHOULD send out demo units to a handful of trusted reviewers in here and the few other reputable cryptocoin Forums with no up front cost... Philipma certainly qualifies as one.

I like to be transparent  so this is my reply to them

Dear Clive ,

Thanks for a fast reply.  I will link some reviews to you this evening.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733723.0

This was for the pandaminer  .  It ended up as a negative  as pandaminer.com altered product and gave terrible support.

but I tend to be as honest as i can my first thoughts were that is was a good product and that it good be useful for large farms.

the current thread for your product bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2233298.0

Please look closely here  it show sound proofing of the avalon 741  I really want to compare  your gear  to this setup  to show your gear is better.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2245487.0

If your gear is better  then the avalon for sound proofing it will sell like mad. Your gears price is okay.  It hash per watt is okay.

I like to promote good gear.
I can clearly show how quiet your gear is.

Please get back to me on this.

Philip A
legendary
October 09, 2017, 03:44:58 PM
Obviously we cannot send out units for review at "no cost" as you request, but, if you wish, once batch 1 is ready for shipping we will gladly send you a machine upon receipt of the full retail price, and will refund the same inc. shipping once your review is published, should you wish not to keep it.
In my book, swing and a miss....
Yes any business CAN and SHOULD send out demo units to a handful of trusted reviewers in here and the few other reputable cryptocoin Forums with no up front cost... Philipma certainly qualifies as one.
legendary
October 09, 2017, 03:34:20 PM
They said 1st batch will actually start at the end of this month.

Last thing I read was it was sold out.

Their site claims to be sold out - but that could be that they have it coded to say that when they have 0 inventory on hand.

I know ..

Right now I will check the emails to see if they bothered to reply.

Got a reply.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in the Vega Home Bitcoin Digital Currency Miner and for the links. I can see there is some sceptism there which is normal considering we have not shipped yet. Once batch 1 is shipped, it will be irrelevant.

Yes, we would be interested in you reviewing a unit. Please can you send links of your previous reviews?
Obviously we cannot send out units for review at "no cost" as you request, but, if you wish, once batch 1 is ready for shipping we will gladly send you a machine upon reciept of the full retail price, and will refund the same inc. shipping once your review is published, should you wish not to keep it.

Best regards,

Clive.

Support team
Syan Technologies Ltd.
Pages:
Jump to: