Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Syan a real deal? - page 7. (Read 7628 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
October 17, 2017, 10:28:56 PM
***  Syan miner is a SCAM! If someone buys their miners without a well-known and trusted Forum User 1st getting one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***
Hell, even AMT did a better job of of showing 'progress' in having a viable miner.... As in pics of chips, various iterations of the hash boards, etc... Of course their whole scheme fell apart when it was obvious AMT's parent Bitmine.ch totally blew the design of their A1-based miner but at least they tried and showed something to the world (as did BFL and few other companies in 2013-2014).
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
October 17, 2017, 10:19:58 PM
Do not preorder until they prove they have gear.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 17, 2017, 01:29:22 PM
It is kinda ridiculous that they only have that 1 working miner in a lab......

Pretty sure they have 0 working miners, nor do they even have a 'lab' for testing. I pointed out it was a scam weeks ago.
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
October 17, 2017, 01:11:50 PM

1 working unit that can't be inspected, or can't have a video taken of it running, or any other way to verify it does what it says, or that it even exists, all based on a supposed new chip which has no information on.

There's so many red flags - they could even just say what foundry they're making the chips on, show blanked out documents of the order, pictures of the chip even - nope.
Activity: 462
October 17, 2017, 12:42:11 PM
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity
October 17, 2017, 07:56:57 AM
that does not sound promising

DAMN I was interested too
legendary
October 16, 2017, 06:13:20 AM
I got more info  that does not help their case.
this is from a member here and an email reply to him or her:

Hi [name redacted],

Thank you for your interest in the Vega Home Bitcoin Digital Currency Miner.

The units use our own proprietry 14nm STA1220 chips of which there are 190 in each unit. The unit consumes 1050w power from the wall and is 80 plus rated gold which gives it 87% efficiency.

Unfortunately, we are unable to honour large orders for batch 1 since we have already taken a large corporate order and we wish for the remaining units to reach as many different individuals as possible. As a result, management have imposed a restriction on the number of units available per person. This limit is set to 5. I'm sure in future batches, we would be able to talk about a larger order.

Our only working unit is in the lab and unavailable for inspection since they are using it. We will have units for inspection as soon as batch 1 is delivered to us for quality control and distribution.

The power lead is a USA to 3-pin to moulded IEC C13, 1 meter in length.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Clive.

The bolded line  tells me  a lot.  So basically until they show working units just don't order.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 07:36:48 PM
they are still not sold out so i vote scam.
if they had 1700 machines they would be sold out by now because there is lot more idiots willing to waste money on bogus machine.
they just trying to 'sell' until someone confirm its a scam
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 13, 2017, 03:30:05 PM

U managed to buy any of that bitfury?

Personally, no - but Sidehack has mentioned having some chips, Hotmine has been selling Bitfury miners for a while, just for 2 rather well known examples.

Raw chips would do "me" no good, I'm not a board designer or coder.

October 11, 2017, 09:34:23 AM
Well, likely scam. Anyone email them to at least make a simple youtube video of the machine working? That takes a couple of minutes or so only. Hmmm also 6200 rpm fan should be pretty noisy for home i think.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
October 11, 2017, 09:31:13 AM
As someone who lost over a hundred bitcoins with Hashfash by falling prey to the preorder game - I strongly advise nobody fall for this potential.

Hashfast had a visible office and much more communicative team and still ended up being a major dissapointment and loss.  Syan seems even worse.

I have no plan to pre-order, I just wait and see.
Burned myself once with a Lunar Launcher from Hashra.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
October 11, 2017, 07:22:45 AM
I have sent them a message to request a visit to their showroom, lets see if they reply

Looks like their "showroom" is in a virtual office, I doubt that will work.

Come on guys, even people who should know better are giving this more credence than it deserves, you are all so desperate for an alternative to the current suppliers.

This is a SCAM, if it wasn't a SCAM then they would have pictures of working miners, come on, they have three months till launch, you think they wouldn't have working hardware or even pics of chips and boards and prototype miners by now? Sidehack called it.

This is 100% scam of the worst type. And I feel 100% justified in saying it because if I am wrong then nothing there is no downside for anyone. But if I am right the fallout is catastrophic for anyone who gets suckered into it, and there are a lot of people who are going to get suckered into this, and every person who sends them money and gets suckered is going to be subsidising the continuance of the scam for months and months and years to come.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
October 11, 2017, 07:12:59 AM

Support - Syan Technologies Ltd. <[email protected]>

Today, 10:37 AM
You
Hi Philip,

I noticed that you had added a unit to your cart.

As I said, it's impossible for us to ship you a unit free of charge. As I said in my last email, we will refund the full amount including shipping if you do not wish to keep the unit after you have finished your review. Blah blah blah..

Translation:

It's impossible for us to ship you something that doesn't and will never exist.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
October 11, 2017, 05:47:07 AM
I really hoped they would have taken Phil's help on this.

For now this is a scam suspect in my records.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
October 11, 2017, 05:17:29 AM
I have sent them a message to request a visit to their showroom, lets see if they reply
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
October 11, 2017, 12:05:36 AM
Hey remember that time when I made my first miner? Hardware dev completely out of pocket, posted actual pictures of the things, and then shipped out 8 test units to different people completely free of charge and waited for them to post reviews and opinions before taking in a dime on sales? If one guy on a shoestring budget can do it, a company with enough R&D backing to get a 14/16nm chip to market can do it.

Even if the thing's real, that unwillingness to bend just a little bit in a way that would help themselves (by helping potential customers) drastically is pretty unacceptable. What other "standard policies" are they gonna hide behind when someone comes asking for some help?

Honestly, even without sending out test units, their scam would be greatly improved if they even tried to manufacture and photograph a single machine. It's really a good thing most scams are done by people who are okay at setting up a website but lack the skills to build anything in the real world.
legendary
October 10, 2017, 11:38:02 PM
last set of emails  are here.

Presales
PA
PHILIP A

Today, 11:34 AM
Support - Syan Technologies Ltd. ([email protected])
  Too bad  but if you can't do this I will not be doing a review.  You need to understand  your company is asking a lot from the mining company. Sending  2k usd to a company that has shown no proof of product. No Track record. In an industry where
non-existent companies have ripped off eager buyers time and time again. I was looking to promo your gear at no cost to you.
I am a proven entity that has done 100,000 to 200,000 in business across hundreds of buyers.  My ebay and paypal accounts are well established for more then a decade. Long before any crypto mining ever existed. This is my feedback on ebay

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBaylSAPl.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=philipma1957

I am looking to do a free promo for you.  I simply will not risk sending you BTC upfront.
I don't send btc to companies looking to break into the business. If you are not comfortable with  that  I can offer to send you  paypal for the 2k my paypal account is under [email protected]  send an invoice to me  and I would buy it with paypal since I would have protection under paypal.  You are the new kid on the  block not me.  To repeat I do not want a free piece of gear.  But I want it sent to me at no risk on my part. Since you are no more then a website with not a single photo of working gear.

Best regards Philip A.

#####################################
########################################

Support - Syan Technologies Ltd. <[email protected]>

Today, 10:37 AM
You
Hi Philip,

I noticed that you had added a unit to your cart.

As I said, it's impossible for us to ship you a unit free of charge. As I said in my last email, we will refund the full amount including shipping if you do not wish to keep the unit after you have finished your review.

Best regards,

Clive.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

For me it is simple enough> I have a 14 year eBay account with a long 10 year plus paypal account.
I offered to pay with paypal.  Which protects me.
I linked my eBay account with  1600 plus feedbacks all positive.

So they would be at zero risk and be paid upfront.
I would get paypal protection if they have issues.
I would give them a long review with a direct comparison to the s-9 and the avalon 741.  At no cost to them.

Maybe they get back to me.  Maybe not.

But just remember as soon as this thread got going with a few of us emailing them.  They opened pre-sales at 2k a pop  a full 2 weeks early.

they refuse to give a demo at no cost to them.
 they provide no demo or film of a working model.
they are pretty much a phantom for working gear yet they are willing to take your money.

I have the ability to buy gpus and mine off coins making a profit.
I can also buy avalon 741's  from a seller that delivers.
I can also buy antminer s-9's from bitmain direct.
 I have 3 paid orders as I type of s-9's due in Nov and Dec
I just got 3 avalon 741's shipped to me.
I have a solar array deal.

I do not need to buy gear at risk.
buying gear at risk is the worst idea I can do.

It would be the most likely way for me to lose money .

If they offer to sell one for the review and allow paypal payment I will do that.
Which is what I can offer.
I have offered to do this for panda miner
for li's dragon miner's
and a few other items.
October 10, 2017, 11:17:37 PM
I've been emailing the customer support to ask about the next batch and the payment options. here is their response:

Thank you for writing.
PSU, board and chips all come with a 5 year warrenty for defects.
I can fully appreciate your concern. I have also been mining for a number of years and I'm fully aware that many companies have failed to deliver. It is always a concern with a new company.
Our preferred payment option is obviously BTC since we aim to support the network wherever we can. However, we also will be accepting fiat payments via our escrow provider.
If you have any doubts at all, you could always wait and place an order for batch 2.
Please let me know if you have anymore questions.
Best regards,
Clive.

5 years? Really?
Hmmm also, doesnt vega sound like AMD to u
Also if the chip is 25% more efficient than the current best in class S9 you would think they would be plastering advertisements whereever they could. They could completely take over the bitcoin hardware game if these machiens were legit.

The S9 isn't best in class - Bitfury was showing similar efficiency to what Syan is claiming on their demo - and there have been "upgrades" to both GF and TSMC processes since then that make the efficiency claims of the Syan unit reasonable.

That doesn't mean they are NOT a scam - it just means that *IF* they are a scam, they're a well thought out scam.

They're also not the first company to come "out of nowhere" with a new miner - a few of which have proven to be legit....

U managed to buy any of that bitfury?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 10:56:25 PM
A interview from Bitsonline.com

https://bitsonline.com/syan-technologies-koji-tanaka/

True R4 replacement if spec meet what they claim.
Watercooled and nicely designed.

I will gladly move from Bitmain if this come to market,
I can't unlock my Bitmain account ...
I don't receive SMS phone confirmation, support don't answer or close my ticket.
They don't have any respect for customers / miners  Angry

Activity: 135
Merit: 11
October 10, 2017, 10:35:56 PM
I do not disagree with you  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: