Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the US economy suddenly recovering? - page 3. (Read 1079 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
July 10, 2020, 03:48:58 PM
I don't really believe in the fast recovery of the US economy..  now almost all countries feel the impact of minus economic growth.  before the vaccine really exists, economic growth in almost all countries including the US will slow down..

source: https://www.bea.gov
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
July 10, 2020, 02:48:10 PM
If there is a country that can recover quickly, then is not that something that is good and positive for other countries as well because with the recovery that occurs quickly, of course it will trigger other countries to make better efforts to restore the country's economy. There is nothing wrong if they can claim a speedy recovery, because in the end the truth will definitely be seen or not and I think the most important thing is that recovery will definitely happen with a process that will certainly not be easy.
i think so,  besides that it could indicate that America is indeed a Superpower. this is reasonable because American manufactured goods are the largest in the world, have world famous brands up to be the king of the world's currencies
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
July 10, 2020, 06:42:56 AM
USA is a very rich country because of their unlimited resources.
I think, it would be easier for them to recover after all this Crisis, or maybe after they lift up all community quarantine...they will be back into place so fast and will always be the King of the world.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
July 09, 2020, 08:41:29 PM
There are a lot of people who are misunderstood the economy of US, yes they are recovering but it will take more years in order for them to recover all of the losses that they incurred. There are a lot of jobs that are been lost because of this pandemic and there are businesses that are now totally closed because they cannot cover their expenses anymore. For those who want to understand the U.S. market more, try to view the bigger picture where you consider the GDP, the Stock market and the business that are currently operating and also if they unemployment rate decrease.

STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
July 09, 2020, 07:59:25 PM
US economy to recover so fast

Thats a bounce not a recovery as such, has to be a trend of growth to really count as more then just a wave forward after being restricted and held back deliberately.   Its very common to regain some of a large move previous especially if it were in some way false or over done.   Its possible we see negative figures on the next or I'd expect some disappointment and quite lax retraction in future towards where GDP was previously.
   A recession is two quarters of negative growth and so we should at least wait 2 quarters to see how this will pan out but its good theres a large retake of jobs, etc.   I dont expect to judge it fully till we have a vaccine available to millions.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
July 09, 2020, 07:48:53 PM
US is witnessing the second wave of the pandemic recently with over 50k cases recorded recently in a day

To be clear though, this is still not the 2nd wave they said it is still a part of the first wave. The first wave is still not flattened out and the reason for these new cases popping up is that the lockdowns are loosening up.

US economy recovery policy is flexible but there is currently no certainty that the economy will recover rapidly

As they said, the market is having good movements but that doesn't mean that the economy will be regaining that easily. This will really take years especially if we still experienced the 2nd wave which I hope we wouldn't.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
July 09, 2020, 07:09:15 PM
Two scary headlines today regarding the economy:

WHO: Indoor airborne spread of coronavirus possible

That hints at a slower recovery since people will be more hesitant to frequent indoor businesses like restaurants, bars, theaters, gyms, etc. That is if local governments don't just start shutting those kind of businesses down again.

States with severe coronavirus outbreaks should ‘seriously look at shutting down,’ Dr. Fauci says

That's the last thing the markets want to hear. The S&P 500 dumped 2% on the news but recovered into the day's close. BTC followed, naturally.

It feels like investors mostly have blinders on, with everybody so strongly against shutting down again that they've just decided in their minds it's not going to happen. They may be in for a rude awakening if hospitalizations keep up at this rate. I wouldn't be surprised if California is the first to shut down again, like they were in March. That would trigger major dumps.

It feels like the market still wants to push higher, but the sentiment and underlying fundamentals are very dangerous. We could be heading into a judas swing type pattern, where the next upside breakout quickly reverses into a crash.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
July 09, 2020, 02:22:23 PM
US is witnessing the second wave of the pandemic recently with over 50k cases recorded recently in a day which goes a long way to tell us the economy recovery will be very difficult. Currently the US government is having a serious argument with the education board that has makes it clear that student will not resume schools. US economy recovery policy is flexible but there is currently no certainty that the economy will recover rapidly
Activity: 1302
Merit: 10
July 09, 2020, 01:26:36 PM
it's all a natural thing for the US to recover quickly because of a country which is domiciled in developed countries. but if I compare it with China, it can be the most superior in accelerating economic recovery and so on.?
and between the two countries it is natural because their development is very fast and as a state of good authority in terms of elements, and other countries are channeled gradually following the stable new growth....?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
July 09, 2020, 12:09:13 PM
It was obvious that in the long run we would have seen the US economy recover, but honestly I wasn’t expecting US economy to recover so fast, or is this just another false positive for us?. I’m referring to the article posted by CNBC where they have shown stats which proves that the US economy has started recovering despite many states yet being in lockdown. What are your thoughts on this, will the US economy recover faster than what we had anticipated?.

Source:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/28/here-are-five-charts-illustrating-the-us-economic-recovery-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic.html

I do not think that this is objective information. On the one hand, the situation is too embellished by the authorities, and on the other, a lot of dollars are printed. Now the United States has the largest number of coronavirus infected - more than 2 923 000 people. This country is now in first place for these sad statistics. Also, the unemployment rate has increased significantly, which means that the economy has fallen sharply.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
July 09, 2020, 11:05:25 AM
It was obvious that in the long run we would have seen the US economy recover, but honestly I wasn’t expecting US economy to recover so fast, or is this just another false positive for us?. I’m referring to the article posted by CNBC where they have shown stats which proves that the US economy has started recovering despite many states yet being in lockdown. What are your thoughts on this, will the US economy recover faster than what we had anticipated?.

Source:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/28/here-are-five-charts-illustrating-the-us-economic-recovery-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Why do you think that the cases are sky rocketing in the US ?

People did not listen to the restrictions which were put forth by the government and therefore most of the small businesses were open , in the small villages the life never even changed , at some places they don't care about the coronavirus now.

Most of the businesses were open , plus one's that were able to shift from office to home did have even a better outcome. Call centres , offices , schools , colleges everyone is working and was working from the day of quarantine. People who did loose customers and such , they had to find new ways to earn and therefore the economy recovered in a short while.

People changed according to the pandemic , which is natural and very important for the community as a whole for the survival. I remember the words of a famous botanist at this time : Change is the nature of nature. Even if the virus stays , we can easily evaluate that the life might be different , but it won't stop.
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 09, 2020, 05:41:57 AM
The United States will be really able to recover after sometime because of the fact that people will always look for ways to recover. Some business are not always relying on the government because they know that they need to stand on their own for their businesses to prosper. Also, United States holds some of the biggest companies that can really withhold their economy like Amazon and other related e-commerce.
legendary
July 07, 2020, 07:24:04 PM
New ATH for Amazon, new ATH for the NASDAQ, and the S&P 500 is at the top of its range and threatening new highs.

Logically the stock markets and economy will eventually converge again. Either stocks will fall when the economic recovery disappoints the market, or the economic recovery will speed up to meet the market's expectations.

With stimulus programs wrapping up and Republicans low balling any further bills, these are a few neutral to bearish perspectives I think are worth keeping in mind:

Citi expects stocks to go sideways for a year, suggests defensives

"The bullish push from $6 trillion of global quantitative easing is likely to cancel out the bearish drag from the ongoing lockdown," the investment bank's equity strategists said in a note published late on Sunday.

"We would not chase markets higher from current levels," the strategists said.

Goldman Sachs thinks the US recovery is running into trouble

The surge in coronavirus cases across the Sun Belt is slowing the economic recovery in the United States.

That's according to Goldman Sachs, which said this weekend it now expects a weaker rebound in the third quarter as local leaders impose fresh restrictions and consumers show signs of caution. The investment bank predicts the US economy will grow at an annualized rate of 25% in the three months ending in September, as opposed to 33%.

Financial analyst Gary Shilling says the stock market could see a 1930s-like decline

In a CNBC interview, Shilling said the stock market could plunge between 30-40% over the next year as investors realize the economic recovery from the coronavirus recession could take longer than expected.

“I think we’ve got a second leg down and that’s very much reminiscent of what happened in the 1930s where people appreciate the depth of this recession and the disruption and how long it’s going to take to recover,” he said.

“Stocks are [behaving] very much like that rebound in 1929 where there is absolute conviction that the virus will be under control and that massive monetary and fiscal stimuli will reinvigorate the economy,” he said.

Shilling doesn't have the best track record with these kinds of calls, but I think his logic and read on sentiment is spot on this time. The problem is it's really hard to bet against the Fed and their QE infinity.
legendary
July 05, 2020, 06:50:10 PM
The economy has just started to recover recovered to pre-pandemic levels, but the recent surge in new Covid-19 cases may hinder that rebound as certain areas are forced to delay or walk back reopening efforts.

Some markets (like the NASDAQ 100 index) have recovered to pre-pandemic levels. The economy is not even close no matter what you look at. Jobs, retail data, GDP projections.......everything is way down.

The goal posts are obviously shifting. The US economy is still down what, 13-14 million jobs since February? Apparently this is something to celebrate. "Spectacular news for American workers" Trump says. Roll Eyes
Activity: 889
Merit: 10
July 05, 2020, 09:21:39 AM
it is not easy to restore the country's cycle back to normal, this is a major economic crisis in every country exposed to the impact of this co-19 ...?
I imagine that the government is not wrong to use it as an opportunity in co-19 conditions to align people into appropriate behavior which is not quite right. there is the same as my thinking?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
July 05, 2020, 09:18:06 AM
The whole world looks to be recovering, I don't know how we overcame this situation and how we managed to make the most out of our stay at home moments but looks like, US markets, other nation markets, gold, bitcoin, oil, basically everything is back on the rise again. I do not really understand why we didn't become even worse or why we are recovering but that is at least a bit better feeling than what it looked like when it first started.
Markets stabilizing does not mean the economy has recovered - at the moment it is simply an indication of the insane amount of fiat the Fed and other central banks are pumping in to the system. I mean, the Fed are now directly buying corporate bonds. Meanwhile, we are on track for record unemployment levels. How are things going to look in a couple of months' time when millions of people are claiming unemployment and other benefits, have run out of savings, default on their loans, default on their mortgages, etc. Consumer spending will be way down even once everything has reopened, and many of the businesses which haven't already been bankrupted by COVID will struggle to stay afloat. Expect more downsizing, more branch closures, more unemployment.

This is on the back of the fact that in the US we are setting a new record for the number of new daily cases each and every day. We barely had this contained during lockdown. Lockdown is now over in many places, and cases are skyrocketing. We are long way off from recovery yet.
Activity: 1121
Merit: 100
July 05, 2020, 07:59:06 AM
It is not so easy to recover us economy or any other country. Because economy depends a lot of things and as i thing, it will reach as his/her best to take time to get normal their position. Hopefully, it will slove as soon as possible.     
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 05, 2020, 05:46:05 AM
The whole world looks to be recovering, I don't know how we overcame this situation and how we managed to make the most out of our stay at home moments but looks like, US markets, other nation markets, gold, bitcoin, oil, basically everything is back on the rise again. I do not really understand why we didn't become even worse or why we are recovering but that is at least a bit better feeling than what it looked like when it first started.

There is still a ton of unemployed people, tens of millions of unemployed people, but at least some of them were rehired so I guess things are looking better, sure it is a setback and sure it sucks, I would rather see a world where everyone is rich, nobody works, and we just have fun, but right now that is not the case and that means some people will be left behind according to capitalist rules.

Coinfinger in one short moment I thought the same, that world looks like it's recovering. But I changed my mind, US have to
most new cases, China and Spain locked some provinces, new measures in every county. I think that this is just the beginning
of the new way and that can bring a disaster to the global economy, if that didn't happen already.
   Now we need to be smart and to follow the rules, to try to keep some money because hard times are coming!
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
July 05, 2020, 05:38:51 AM

There is still a ton of unemployed people, tens of millions of unemployed people, but at least some of them were rehired so I guess things are looking better, sure it is a setback and sure it sucks, I would rather see a world where everyone is rich, nobody works, and we just have fun, but right now that is not the case and that means some people will be left behind according to capitalist rules.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
July 05, 2020, 03:19:41 AM
I believe that every US citizen will feel in everyday life changes in the country's economy, if there is a real recovery. According to the head of the White House’s National Economic Council, Lawrence Cadlow, economic recovery will be quite progressive and fast, and already in the second half of 2020, 20 percent economic growth and a large-scale decline in unemployment are expected.
But at the same time, an American infectious disease scientist warns that the COVID-19 epidemic has just begun.
Pages:
Jump to: