Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC? - page 3. (Read 14871 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 106
Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?
If we project a cryptocurrency market into a stock market, we can see a similarity: Bitcoin is gold, altcoins are stocks. Depending on the economic situation, investors reinvest their investments in more profitable ones or wait out unpleasant situations in gold. XRP will always be a means of earning in favorable situations and Bitcoin will always be a savings tool, accordingly will always have greater capitalization than any of the altcoins.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
I sure hope you all are buying XRP right now.  Aside from XRP there are a few other alts which are actually solving a real world problem for customers and developing momentum.  The prices are a distraction from what's happening beneath the surface.  As for custody, Polysign cannot come soon enough! 
Activity: 308
I don't think there is any chances for xrp to be the leading currency against btc. I also have not seen any chance where any crypto is taking the lead over btc yet
copper member
Activity: 376
This argument should be over by now as the basis for judgment which was etherium has regained its position as the number one crypto. Anyone comparing btc to any altcoin or expecting it will sink for others to rise should go back and learn the crypto basis. Btc is the foundation of crypto and there is altcoins without the main coin (btc). When it shakes others hide.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?
Not really, although XRP charges less fee than BTC, most people will still prefer BTC as it's the first ever coin that was created in cryptocurrency. No one can beat the pioneer of the cryptocurrency.

I am not sure that XRP will stay long in the top-5. It is not even the crypto, although it is digital money. Suppose, Ripple popularity will be going down. Bitcoin cannot be defeated.
Activity: 598
It's a big no.Bitcoin remains the clear leader  among cryptocurriences and it remains the number one digital currency at all times eventhough that ripple defeated ETH but it will comeback to its place which is third of the top virtual currencies by market cap behind bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 522
Merit: 101
Time has shown that the second place of Ripple in the rating of cryptocurrencies was an accident. I think that Ripple now can not compete with Ethereum. Moreover, he can not compete with Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 364
Those chances are very slim. Just like I wrote concerning Litecoin becoming like ethereum, nothing is impossible. All that is needed is improvement in the project both by team, developers and the community.
Activity: 308

there are many who compare altcoin and bitcoin including the sophistication of the technology. it would be very difficult to beat bitcoin which is actually the king of all crypto. the influence of bitcoin is very large on the circulation of trade, just look at the fall of bitcoin which has a profound effect on all crypto that have been traded. and xrp cannot maintain his position in second place, it is evident that currently eth rises again and ripples cannot surpass him again
Activity: 602
There is always a chance and this probability cannot be ruled out, because recently it is often said that banks prefer XRP because this project has centralized management. Therefore it is.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
I personally don't see that happening. It's a known fact that ripple isn't a cryptocurrency and due to its crazy supply its difficult to surpass bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin holds above 45% of the market capitalisation and its difficult for ripple to beat that.
copper member
Activity: 482
No I don’t see XRP defeating bitcoin. Anytime we see XRP above ETH on CMC it’s just some sort of pumpings actions and it’s always clear. Bitcoin is still the king and will remain so.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
It seems that those who are well aware of the concept of a cryptocurrency understand that even if the coinmarketcap states that Ripple has a capitalization and trading volumes are higher than Bitcoin, this does not mean anything. Because Ripple and Bitcoin are in essence and in nature completely different projects and they have different goals and philosophy. Bitcoin will always be the first because it is a real cryptocurrency, and Ripple is just a centralized digital coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
Not really, although XRP charges less fee than BTC, most people will still prefer BTC as it's the first ever coin that was created in cryptocurrency. No one can beat the pioneer of the cryptocurrency.
I agree , bitcoin was the first and will remain the first , despite the fact that the Commission on transfers is greater than th ripple , a lot of coins that surpass bitcoin in technology but they are unlikely to overtake in capitalization
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
No way!
Bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency, decentralized without any centra power or creator, with limited supply, widely accepted across all countries.

What is Ripple?
Nothing and the value is created from air by printing more Ripples to the circulating supply.
copper member
Activity: 547
Merit: 0
Xrp should be competing with other altcoins. Definitely not btc . Hell no. Not even a close chance,  not even a comparison . Bitcoin has built its reputation.  Yes  xrp made progress but not a close chance to btc
Activity: 798
Merit: 102
i do not think so. XRP is a highly concentrated coin. it can't even be a true encryption. its scope of application will be limited to the banking industry. Bitcoin is scattered all over the world. it is the most reliable and influential encryption. XRP can never beat BTC
Fully agree with you XRP will never come close to bitcoin.Now even some banks that had previously signed an agreement on its use are rejecting it.
Activity: 182
i do not think so. XRP is a highly concentrated coin. it can't even be a true encryption. its scope of application will be limited to the banking industry. Bitcoin is scattered all over the world. it is the most reliable and influential encryption. XRP can never beat BTC
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
Obvioulsy no it never can't , I don't see any reason why it should defeat BTC and probably won't see in future, bitcoin is too strong and capitalization is too hight. Imho ripple just a hamster's dream that never came true.
Activity: 378
honestly I'm not sure with centralized coins (XRP) especially to defeat bitcoin, that's very unlikely. I heard some information that XRP is not an ideal coin for a bank company at the moment, they have been discarded and replaced with other altcoins that are really worthy other than XRP.
Pages:
Jump to: