Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC? - page 5. (Read 14871 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507
XRP is not into any fight against BTC, so it cannot defeat BTC. Ever. This is your mind only. And no, the market capitalization of bitcoin should probably stay higher because it is decentralized in comparison with Ripple.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
Market cappitalization doesn´t exactly mean that some cryptocurrency defeated other. It only means that currently more money are invested into it, but it doesn´t mean that this coin is technologically more advanced or that it has brighter future.  Cool
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Maybe the nonppa ripple overtakes the etherium, but it will never overtake bitcoin.  This is definitely too tough for him.  He still did very little and lived to become a bitcoin.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
Nothing new! Ripple does overtake ethereum once in a while in market cap. But market capitalization doesn't really mean much.
Ripple is a centralized coin by the way. It is not worth buying.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
The issue is, what actually do XRP have that will make it so powerful as to defeat BTC? XRP overtook ETH which is a normal thing, and ETH also took back its position to show that it has all it takes to be No 2. So XRP defeating BTC can never happen in this crypto space, as BTC is owned by many institutional investors because they believed in it.
Activity: 364
There is no chance in XRP coins to ever beat Bitcoin. I can still assume that ethereum, bitcoin cash, or another coin will do this, but not ripple. Probably no one will allow a centralized coin to become the leader of a decentralized cryptocurrency. Yes, and this generally can not happen. The assumption is based on the fact that ripple went around ethereum several times in terms of capitalization and ranked second in the CoinMarketCap table. For other indicators ripple can not be compared even with ethereum. However, we see that ripple is already lagging behind ethereum by almost five billion dollars in capitalization and the gap between them continues to widen.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
It seems to me that Ripple has no chance.  Although it can not be argued because the situation on the market changes every hour.  Why can not swap in the direction of Ripple?  Although this is hard to believe.  But I think everything is possible here.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
As for me, now there is no chance for anyone to win Bitcoin and Ripple including.  He is still very weak to take a bitcoin.  And the future, too, he can not replace him.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I don't think their is any chance that XRP will cross the BTC. Seven at this moment it's not possible for any other coin available in the market. Bitcoin is the first crypto currency based on blockchain. It's used as a payment options. And in other hand XRP is a money transfer and banking based token. But if you see this market you will find that this market is depends on BTC cause btc holds the more than 50% of the market. Maybe XRP is one of the best project still Bitcoin is the first crypto so people have faith and trust on Bitcoin. And in almost all exchange or all coins have a pair with Bitcoin so the circulation is greater than any coin. So it's hard for ripple or any other coin to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
XRP has much bigger supply than the Ethereum. But BTC already became the base of all of this. BTC has a long history and it's trustworthy in the crypto world.  Another thing is XRP is centralized. buy cryptocurrencies the main background is decentralized. So, I believe in such cases, XRP will not able to beat BTC.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
In today's market condition I don't think that XRP can defeat bitcoin. I believe in this XRP platform and what can they do in cryptocurrency world but the value of it right now is so cheap and I can't say it can defeat bitcoin in the future because the longer that cryptocurrency known the bigger volume of btc gets.
Activity: 644
Not that I think that the fact that,although it can be anything!Why do I think so,the fact is that there are many projects that can grow in price very much,the same Ripple,but the problem or prospect is that Bitcoin is on everyone's lips,and most of the successes of the market are compared with bitcoin at once,and its price!And already bitcoin to upate everywhere are starting to take
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
I don't think this can come into existence because XRP don't have what it take to defeat bitcoin. This is not the first time of xrp coming ahead of ETH but it will not stay long in that position.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
What I'm confused about is beating in what way of looking? Is the price, supply, rank, or the other. Of course this XRP and bitcoin are not suitable to compare. Because Bitcoin will always excel. Of course here agree that XRP is not suitable as compared to bitcoin.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Are u serious? XRP is a highly concentrated coin. It is fully controlled by the project team. i will stay away from it. Bitcoin is the most scattered coin. Its believers are all over the world. They can't be compared.

You're right, it's really non sense comparing between centralized coin and decentralized coin.
People must be choosing the decentralized one
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3092
Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

The market capitalization of bitcoin is big and not even ethereum has the chance to overtake in the years to come. Any coin should first match the accomplishments of bitcoin to have the chance of defeating the top coin. You should instead focus on some quick rising coins in the top ten ranking because one of them might overtake xrp someday including ethereum.

I'm agree, the gap between markets is enormous, from 12Billios to 98Billions is just too much, i don't think ripple can ever fight VS BTC market. Maybe if it were a real coin, things could be different, but you know... ripple, the coin who doesn't have its core public.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

The market capitalization of bitcoin is big and not even ethereum has the chance to overtake in the years to come. Any coin should first match the accomplishments of bitcoin to have the chance of defeating the top coin. You should instead focus on some quick rising coins in the top ten ranking because one of them might overtake xrp someday including ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Are u serious? XRP is a highly concentrated coin. It is fully controlled by the project team. i will stay away from it. Bitcoin is the most scattered coin. Its believers are all over the world. They can't be compared.
Seems like OP has an interested to having coin that has centralized system. And then he/she puts a data that his argument can be achieved somedays. But it will be difficult if someone who read his argument including you who has an interested to coin who has decentralized system. XRP has showed up in several times that he has a potential to overtake bitcoin in the market because now in several times also XRP can overtake ETH in second position, with the result that its investor has a high convinence to overtake bitcoin.
Activity: 723
Merit: 106
STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System
Ripple never can defeat Bitcoin, if Ripple can defeat btc just passed Ethereum, and look now another coin can beat bitcoin is Binancecoin because Binance just launched their own blockchain with many features can be rival of bitcoin
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
No matter how high the marketcap of XRP would be i don't thnk it would rise to overcome Bitcoin. For your information as at the day of writing this message ETH has bounced back again and claimed it's second position as the cryptocurrency with the second highest marketcap.
Pages:
Jump to: