Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Xapo a scam?? - page 5. (Read 29288 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
February 26, 2015, 08:32:32 PM
The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

I'm not sure are they scam or not. I just don't like this wallet.
They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?
Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are. 

So you are effectively confirming that you gather information about your clients and give it out to CIA/NSA/whatever with the alleged purpose "to prevent, detect, and report", right?

Are you being funded by them?
You misinterpreted that. We do not share personal information of law abiding Xapo users with anyone, at all. This is a precautionary note. Read the entire sentence again and it will make more sense.

Now you're trying to persuade me (and others) that I'm not on friendly terms with logic?

How are you going to "prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, etc" if you don't gather and share personal info with the authorities in the first place?

LOL meow fire sauce alert
February 26, 2015, 08:24:35 PM
The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?
Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are.  

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

so all this sounds good and all of this things american goverment like as step in right direction, so please just tell me why cant we have cards shipped to american address
Our KYC process for Xapo differs from the regulatory restrictions that prevent us from sending the card to the USA. I've answered this a few times for you, and you know that we're doing everything in our power to solve this. Please read our FAQ: http://support.xapo.com/is-the-xapo-debit-card-available-in-every-country

LOL i know you have, i just keep asking till it comes out to the USA  Wink it is not a bad thing when i ask i just really want the card, i dont like the delays on my ANX mastercard
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
February 26, 2015, 10:32:06 AM

So you are effectively confirming that you gather information about your clients and give it out to CIA/NSA/whatever with the alleged purpose "to prevent, detect, and report", right?

You misinterpreted that. We do not share personal information of law abiding Xapo users with anyone, at all. This is a precautionary note. Read the entire sentence again and it will make more sense.

Now you're trying to persuade me (and others) that I'm not on friendly terms with logic?

How are you going to "prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, etc" if you don't gather and share personal info with the authorities in the first place?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 26, 2015, 10:32:01 AM

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

so all this sounds good and all of this things american goverment like as step in right direction, so please just tell me why cant we have cards shipped to american address
Our KYC process for Xapo differs from the regulatory restrictions that prevent us from sending the card to the USA. I've answered this a few times for you, and you know that we're doing everything in our power to solve this. Please read our FAQ: http://support.xapo.com/is-the-xapo-debit-card-available-in-every-country
February 26, 2015, 10:27:39 AM

February 26, 2015, 12:34:39 AM

February 26, 2015, 12:32:33 AM

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.

sweet thank you for sharing that on what the verification process entails, would be ironic if they made americans verify the accounts in such detail but cant send cards to them
February 26, 2015, 12:30:45 AM

see i found out from them from the zebra faucet, i got like $2 from the faucet alone lol, to bad i dont see the card for people here in the usa yet but holding it there maybe they will change
February 26, 2015, 12:28:52 AM
yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.
It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?
Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.

Cool thanks for the verification, i had never thought about it but good catch
February 25, 2015, 04:53:04 PM

February 25, 2015, 04:49:33 PM

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Ask me anything if you have any problem
February 25, 2015, 05:29:34 AM
Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
Ouh I see that why many bad comment about xapo. But I really never experience any of that
Activity: 462
February 25, 2015, 05:15:46 AM
Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
Activity: 322
Ask me anything if you have any problem
February 25, 2015, 04:50:59 AM
February 24, 2015, 03:17:51 PM

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.
February 24, 2015, 02:38:49 PM

February 24, 2015, 02:35:38 PM

February 23, 2015, 09:59:43 AM
yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.
It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?
Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.
February 23, 2015, 05:47:27 AM

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh

I'm expecting Mr. Xapo to walk in and expand more on this matter. We're patiently waiting for your honest reply Mr. Xapo.
February 22, 2015, 09:19:26 PM

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: