Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it? - page 39. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
April 28, 2017, 12:19:28 PM
Zcash could be good without 20% commission to investor team. Their 20% is too high, I avoid to buy this because I hate they dump on me.

Looking at their growth it will be a big margin for all the investors probably. Zcash can become a future money if the developers give it more to the users rather than keeping it to themselves.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 28, 2017, 11:46:37 AM
Zcash is a lot better and more advanced than monero and dash. Zcash should be at least at n5 marketcap coins.

Yes. It could be seen that way since it was the first cryptocurrency to bring Zero Knowledge proofs upon its release. While there hasn't been any real adoption from well-known businesses and merchants, there is still chance for ZEC to become widely used in the mainstream world, if it manages to bring constant development and innovation.

The ZCash team is slow, in my own opinion, when it comes to releasing constant upgrades and improvements (unlike other alts). I hope that soon, we would be able to see an official release of the GUI wallet, as well as cross-platform compatibility to gain a wider audience. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
April 28, 2017, 01:38:58 AM
Zcash could be good without 20% commission to investor team. Their 20% is too high, I avoid to buy this because I hate they dump on me.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Aluna.Social
April 27, 2017, 11:54:22 PM
I personally think Zcash has HUGE potential in the coming years to be the leading anon- and privacy- centric blockchain.

Price is now relatively low.. and I doubt it'll stay here for much longer. Expecting at least a 2-3x in this highly liquid market and holding this for the long haul.
Activity: 392
April 27, 2017, 02:02:01 PM
I see ZEC as one of three anoncoins which might ultimately come out on top--it'll be DASH, XMR, or ZEC. While each could logically fill a separate niche, it's logical to expect one to dominate the other two. I think the best strategy is to diversify your investment. Unless you have strong feelings about any one of those three projects, just take what you're thinking of putting into ZEC and put it into all 3 proportional to their respective market caps (which serves as a proxy for the croudsourced opinion of their intrinsic value).
Zcash is a lot better and more advanced than monero and dash. Zcash should be at least at n5 marketcap coins.
Activity: 266
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
April 26, 2017, 12:47:30 PM
I see ZEC as one of three anoncoins which might ultimately come out on top--it'll be DASH, XMR, or ZEC. While each could logically fill a separate niche, it's logical to expect one to dominate the other two. I think the best strategy is to diversify your investment. Unless you have strong feelings about any one of those three projects, just take what you're thinking of putting into ZEC and put it into all 3 proportional to their respective market caps (which serves as a proxy for the croudsourced opinion of their intrinsic value).
legendary
April 26, 2017, 12:41:36 PM
If the bitcoin is the only currency, you still have to spend some to make a living. So there is not much difference.

True. I guess that in this case, supply wouldn't matter but instead the usability and adoption that the cryptocurrency will have for the long term. Even if Bitcoin's total supply looks limited, it is still enough for anyone to carry out transactions in their daily lives.

As the pioneer cryptocurrency becomes scarcer each day, its value would become higher, making it an ideal way to store your money for the long term. That is one if the best things that Bitcoin provides, and it will help us gain profit from it to make a living, and have a stable financial life.

All Bitcoin needs is to become scalable, to open its path for growth in the future. Just my opinion.  Grin
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
April 24, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley

in some areas, they love zcash why? zcash is now worldwide,it has a lot of investors everywhere in the world. even in africa they are now starting to love and like zcash. but for advice dont put too much money on one coin, try to deposit in other coin, so that when it dump, you dont have to lose all your money just for a one coin.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 24, 2017, 06:26:02 AM
Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley
I suggest you to wait for a lower price and/or problems fixed.Just look at all the poor people who bought in higher Sad
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 24, 2017, 04:58:00 AM
Seriously anyone do their research on Zcash and ask me what makes it special?

Did you know its exactly the same thing as litecoin, with a different logo?

Bravo, almost all coins with PoW algorithm are like windows 95 on current PCs. PoW is technology of yesterday and it has no future. It is power consuming and not helping the network to run stable just centralizing it. ZEC is a joke, why they haven't implement their zsnarks or whatever onto BTC? They created a new coin just to get billions and thats all. But yes, you can make money by speculating. But as a technology it has no future, IMO.
Activity: 359
Merit: 252
April 24, 2017, 04:51:13 AM
Zcash is great...for mining only.

I do admit that some people probably made good money out of holding Zcash, but those were the guys that bought when 1 ZEC was around 30$ and sell now when price more than doubled. My condolences to the poor souls who bought this for more than 1 BTC per ZEC in the early days when it hit polo.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
April 24, 2017, 04:44:00 AM
As we know, ZCash is a privacy driven cryptocurrency. It uses the Equihash as an algorithm, which is an asymmetric memory-hard Proof of Work (PoW) algorithm based on the generalized birthday problem. It relies on high RAM requirements to bottleneck the generation of proofs and making Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) development unfeasible.

Its value proposition states that Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private. Currently Zcash mining is possible via GPU and CPU. Like Bitcoin, Zcash has a fixed total supply of 21 million units.

In fact, with the growing number of privacy-centric cryptocurrency nowadays (such as Cloakcoin, PIVX, Komodo, Monero, DASH, Shadowcash, Bytecoin, etc), Zcash current dominance is not certain. 
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
April 20, 2017, 09:29:58 AM
i think it's still time to get on the train
Activity: 56
April 20, 2017, 04:14:51 AM
Zcash recently reported a flaw in the system that allowed an attack on his Blockchain. With the error found in the protocol, any malicious person could attack the Zcash Blockchain through the Full Nodes. According to the Zcash developers, it was a Denial-of-Service vulnerability but was fixed in the last update. In the Zcash version 1.0.4, a calculation change was made to increase the priority of the armored transactions, which resulted in the vulnerability found.

That is quite quick repair.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
April 19, 2017, 09:33:03 AM
Zcash recently reported a flaw in the system that allowed an attack on his Blockchain. With the error found in the protocol, any malicious person could attack the Zcash Blockchain through the Full Nodes. According to the Zcash developers, it was a Denial-of-Service vulnerability but was fixed in the last update. In the Zcash version 1.0.4, a calculation change was made to increase the priority of the armored transactions, which resulted in the vulnerability found.
Activity: 317
April 18, 2017, 02:37:43 AM
The inflation of the Ethereum will be reduced in the future. A small inflation is actually good for the economy.

Well, a little inflation helps to get the economy moving or circulating, in contrast to deflationary currencies like Bitcoin, which people tend to hoard it, instead of spending it.

If Ethereum will reduce its supply in the future like you said, then it would be ideal for it, especially in its PoS stage, increasing its value over the long term. Most of the times, I prefer ETC over ETH as it will have a limited supply of 230 million coins.  Roll Eyes

If the bitcoin is the only currency, you still have to spend some to make a living. So there is not much difference.
legendary
April 17, 2017, 01:39:40 PM
The inflation of the Ethereum will be reduced in the future. A small inflation is actually good for the economy.

Well, a little inflation helps to get the economy moving or circulating, in contrast to deflationary currencies like Bitcoin, which people tend to hoard it, instead of spending it.

If Ethereum will reduce its supply in the future like you said, then it would be ideal for it, especially in its PoS stage, increasing its value over the long term. Most of the times, I prefer ETC over ETH as it will have a limited supply of 230 million coins.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 28
April 15, 2017, 10:03:28 AM
You said it right. I think it is the same story with Ethereum...so many people considered it to be done when last year it experienced so many challenges and problems but look what happened now the value is rising and it is now considered to be the number two. As to Zcash, if there is really a good community of people behind this one, then we can expect it to soon rise again in value. I know it has a history of being overvalued but this day it is now setting to where it should be. Zcash remains to be in the top 10 and that is already a feat in the first place.

That is mostly true. But I believe, that most altcoins out there like Ethereum are just hype. Being an inflationary cryptocurrency, it is not meant to be a store of value, in which I believe that it is a little overvalued these days.

Considering that ETH, has violated the principles of immutability (which it is a key feature of the blockchain) and has shifted its view towards banks and big corporations, it may turn out to become centralized at some point in the future.

As for ZEC, it is also hype, as the only great feature it has is its anonymity technology, but lacks a GUI wallet and its inability to become used in other platforms like Windows and Mac. This certainly limits its ability to become mainstream, as people would want something easy to use without any prior technical knowledge involved.

But in the bright side, both ZEC and ETH have dedicated development teams (which most alts lack of), that will help them become more secure and deliver innovations as time goes by. If all goes well, then I expect for both cryptocurrencies to become mainstream. Just my thoughts.  Grin

legendary
April 07, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
You said it right. I think it is the same story with Ethereum...so many people considered it to be done when last year it experienced so many challenges and problems but look what happened now the value is rising and it is now considered to be the number two. As to Zcash, if there is really a good community of people behind this one, then we can expect it to soon rise again in value. I know it has a history of being overvalued but this day it is now setting to where it should be. Zcash remains to be in the top 10 and that is already a feat in the first place.

That is mostly true. But I believe, that most altcoins out there like Ethereum are just hype. Being an inflationary cryptocurrency, it is not meant to be a store of value, in which I believe that it is a little overvalued these days.

Considering that ETH, has violated the principles of immutability (which it is a key feature of the blockchain) and has shifted its view towards banks and big corporations, it may turn out to become centralized at some point in the future.

As for ZEC, it is also hype, as the only great feature it has is its anonymity technology, but lacks a GUI wallet and its inability to become used in other platforms like Windows and Mac. This certainly limits its ability to become mainstream, as people would want something easy to use without any prior technical knowledge involved.

But in the bright side, both ZEC and ETH have dedicated development teams (which most alts lack of), that will help them become more secure and deliver innovations as time goes by. If all goes well, then I expect for both cryptocurrencies to become mainstream. Just my thoughts.  Grin
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2017, 04:15:28 PM
It requires a trusted setup, meaning you have to trust humans. That makes zero sense in crypto, especially for a crypto that claims to offer anonymity. The only thing you should have to trust in crypto is math, period (of course that can and should be verifiable by anyone examining and using the source code).

This is the biggest reason why Zcash hasn't taken off. It's a crypto that at its core relies on human trust instead of math. Wise investors know this and therefore know that it's a poor choice.
Pages:
Jump to: