Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it? - page 34. (Read 36191 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 28, 2017, 03:20:47 PM
Zcash less a priority to be an option in investing, with the lack of which has been mentioned friends here. Just boom at the beginning, and end up like most altcoins, ie down and more. Zcash more suitable for altcoin to earn profit from trading.

Couldn't agree more with you, mate. ZCash is more ideal for short term investing, rather than using the same as a serious investment tool for the long term. When it first started, it was within the $1k range, but quickly dropped in value. It is up to this point, where ZEC has been having a hard time trying to rise back to its original levels, since it cannot provide innovation where other altcoins have taken the lead.

If ZEC would've implemented a cross-platform wallet with user friendliness in the first place, then it would've had a major interest from everyday people helping it gain momentum in the mainstream world. But, the way I see it, development for ZEC is too slow and it may take a couple of years (if it ever does) to see a real wallet become released for it.

Another thing, is that the privacy part of ZEC is not enforced by default, making the majority of transactions take place in the transparent area of it, instead of driving more usage towards Shielded Transactions. Those who are not tech savvy will believe that their transactions are being private, when in reality it is not (unless they use the Shielded Transactions feature). In this part, I think that Monero wins as it enforces privacy over every transaction, making it nearly impossible to track any balance within a block explorer. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
August 26, 2017, 12:33:16 PM
Yeah I thought so. I only wanted your recommendation about it, before making any bad decision on the same. That being said, I will wait quite some time until the price stabilizes and decide whenever to invest the minimum amount into it or not. Besides, if I want to try out Zcash at this time I think it would be best to use faucets instead of investing into it.

there are times that the price of zcash passes the bitcoin but it all on hype literally so time goes buy and it drops and stabilize right now as what i can say you can take a little and store it for a long term. This coin can make name on long term.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 26, 2017, 04:28:31 AM
I see a lot of altcoin to scratch from the present moment. Zcash is also good for investment, zcash is more suitable for altcoin to make a profit in a short time.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
August 25, 2017, 02:15:05 PM
Zcash less a priority to be an option in investing, with the lack of which has been mentioned friends here. Just boom at the beginning, and end up like most altcoins, ie down and more. Zcash more suitable for altcoin to earn profit from trading.
legendary
August 25, 2017, 11:15:13 AM
This coin is the same as all the others and should also be treated with confidence. All this hype will eventually pass, and the coin will remain. So use it. Good luck.

Yeah. ZEC is just like another altcoin in crypto land. There is no real active development and innovation, with the only exception of intergrating an additional feature for privacy over its transactions.

Since it has the underlying founder's reward tax, I think that the main purpose for ZEC's creation was for its company to obtain profits, rather than deliver a solid cryptocurrency for the masses. It is up to this date, where I haven't seen anything new related to ZEC, where it lacks a cross-platform wallet for mainstream acceptance.

On the other hand, ZCoin has better development and community which could make it survive for many years to come. Since it doesn't have a founder's reward tax, miners get all the profit for themselves, just like any other cryptocurrency in existence. I believe that this model is far more decentralized than the one ZCash has.

Despite everything, ZEC could be more useful as a speculative tool rather than a serious investment. Perhaps, after the slow start period and founder's reward is over, we might see a serious change in its value. It would be wise to watch over its price movements over time, and profit whenever you see the chance. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
August 23, 2017, 12:22:45 AM
Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley
Their biggest drawback is the founder's rewards,and the anonymity,this coin is over hype,zcoin is a much better version I prefer the later than the former..

Soon this coin will lose hype and we will see it's real value.
This coin is the same as all the others and should also be treated with confidence. All this hype will eventually pass, and the coin will remain. So use it. Good luck.
Activity: 337
Merit: 102
August 22, 2017, 12:36:56 PM
I think zcash for a mixed coin and there are many other interesting coins for investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
crypto revolution
August 22, 2017, 11:26:40 AM
isn't the flaw with Zcash that it can't audit the number in circulation.

and too many university employees involved.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
August 22, 2017, 11:11:56 AM
Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley

yes zcash is over valued now its settled and become a another pump dump coin no real use behind it and actually some group's playing with it,but z cash may go up to 0.15 btc near future i sow some development and interesting news on reddit
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
August 22, 2017, 10:33:07 AM
Yes, I think we can invest with zcash. But lately I'm a bit worried about the price, so I'll advise you to make short-term investments.
Activity: 14
August 21, 2017, 02:16:01 PM
zec isn't offering anything ground breaking as it is and maybe it will go up but what distinguishes it from other altcoins? It's potential isn't really clear, look at Ethereum, you can see clearly what it offers.

Agree. ZCash offers nothing more than adding an additional layer of privacy over your transactions. Given that it is entirely the same as Bitcoin (supply, and underlying codebase), ZEC is just another Bitcoin clone with an additional feature that could've been implemented into the pioneer cryptocurrency in the first place.

I believe that once Bitcoin adopts Schnorr signatures and confidential transactions, it will further increase its privacy and people may tend to use it more than ZEC itself. But despite the facts, it may be worth watching what lies ahead for ZEC as time goes by, especially after the founder's reward period is over, to see its real value in the market.

All ZCash needs is marketing, promotion, and user friendliness, towards making it a mainstream cryptocurrency. But lacking a cross-platform stable wallet with a GUI, may further limit its ability from gaining traction soon. Just my opinion Smiley

I agree with the marketing bit. ZEC need to be used by privacy orientated people.
legendary
August 21, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
zec isn't offering anything ground breaking as it is and maybe it will go up but what distinguishes it from other altcoins? It's potential isn't really clear, look at Ethereum, you can see clearly what it offers.

Agree. ZCash offers nothing more than adding an additional layer of privacy over your transactions. Given that it is entirely the same as Bitcoin (supply, and underlying codebase), ZEC is just another Bitcoin clone with an additional feature that could've been implemented into the pioneer cryptocurrency in the first place.

I believe that once Bitcoin adopts Schnorr signatures and confidential transactions, it will further increase its privacy and people may tend to use it more than ZEC itself. But despite the facts, it may be worth watching what lies ahead for ZEC as time goes by, especially after the founder's reward period is over, to see its real value in the market.

All ZCash needs is marketing, promotion, and user friendliness, towards making it a mainstream cryptocurrency. But lacking a cross-platform stable wallet with a GUI, may further limit its ability from gaining traction soon. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
August 20, 2017, 06:27:59 AM
legendary
August 10, 2017, 09:55:45 AM
Zcash is very suitable for those who want to invest long term in this altcoin because the altcoin price is currently a very stable price. I think in the future this altcoin will have higher price

Maybe. This would happen after the founder's reward period is over. But, if ZCash continues to provide development and innovation at a slow pace, (like it has been doing so now) then I believe that another Zero Knowledge Proof based coin will take the lead, and ZEC will decline in value as it would only serve as a speculative tool.

I think it's still good at least for the short term (about 1 year). Things that make Zcash continue to improve is the certainty of developers to continue to provide innovation and simplify the user.

Yeah. ZCash would be good for investing in the short term, but not to be used as a store of value, since it may decline over time as it lacks true development and innovation. Right now, ZEC is just a clone of BTC's codebase with the only addition of the ZK-SNARK technology. But up to this point, it hasn't managed to release a stable cross-platform GUI wallet for user friendliness, which is key for any cryptocurrency's usability and success.

With this in mind, only tech savvy users will be able to install the ZEC wallet into Linux, and adopt it. The rest of the people who are new into cryptocurrencies will have a hard time trying to figure out how to use the ZEC wallet which is only available for a single platform.

Hopefully, this would change to make the adoption of ZEC easier. But, it is up to businesses and individuals to make use of its underlying privacy technology in the mainstream world, otherwise it won't be able to rise that much over time. Just my opinion. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
August 08, 2017, 01:00:00 AM
Zcash is the best altcoin because this altcoin has a lot of potential in the future. I have invested in this altcoin a lot and made a lot of profit. I think at the end of this year Zcash can reach $400
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
August 08, 2017, 12:32:31 AM
I think it's still good at least for the short term (about 1 year). Things that make Zcash continue to improve is the certainty of developers to continue to provide innovation and simplify the user.
LOL, are you kidding me =))? One year is long time and can't say it's short term, this is crypto market, not like Gold or Stock, the volatility of crypto market strong and fast than them. So, one year is long term and usually after this time have many change the price of altcoin, example Ethereum, Stratis, Litecoin, Bitcoin ...
Activity: 39
August 08, 2017, 12:13:16 AM
With the plan above, a dream team of investors stepped up to fund the Zcash Company, because they believe in our mission, and in the value of this technology for all kinds of people and industries.
We have closed a $1M funding round with these investors. By acquiring a stake in the Zcash Company, they stand to benefit both from the Founders Reward as well as from the value of any other products that the Zcash Company may create.
I am grateful to them for giving us the opportunity to do this and for the valuable business expertise they are providing.
Activity: 12
August 07, 2017, 10:58:58 AM
Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private.
Zcash is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a security-specialized engineering team on an open source platform based on Bitcoin Core's battle-tested codebase. Our improvement over Bitcoin is the addition of privacy. Zcash uses advanced cryptographic techniques, namely zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee the validity of transactions without revealing additional information about them.
Activity: 34
August 07, 2017, 10:57:54 AM
In the pre-digital currency world, both individuals and enterprises could justifibly assume that their financial transactions would be kept confidential. With Zcash, users can enjoy the advantages of using a public blockchain, while still being sure that their private information is protected.
Activity: 39
August 07, 2017, 10:55:52 AM
In order to remain equally interchangeable, units of cryptocurrency must be unlinked from their history so that one unit is as good as any other unit. Zcash brings fungibility to cryptocurrency by unlinking shielded coins from their history on the blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: