Pages:
Author

Topic: Isis ATP [Automated Trading Platform] - Discussion - page 11. (Read 45225 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Getting this error running AidoATP

Could not find the main class: org/aido/atp/Application. Program will exit.

At a guess I would say you are using the wrong Java version.

https://github.com/aido/AidoATP/issues/1

AidoATP relies on Java 1.7

That's probably a bad idea.  You should set the compilation target to 1.5 unless there is something specific that's been changed.  1.5 has the widest adoption rate.  I'm not positive but I don't think for example that OSX even has 1.7 yet.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit

At a guess I would say you are using the wrong Java version.

https://github.com/aido/AidoATP/issues/1

AidoATP relies on Java 1.7

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ

It shouldn't be too difficult to make exchange URIs configurable. Each exchange has it's own class file ATP.java in the exchanges subdirectory. Each class was created so that in future I could easily change whether an exchange uses a streaming or polling ticker, uses a username/password or apikey/secret combo etc. Basically it's a way to easily change hardcoded config settings for each exchange.

I didn't originally make the URI configurable as it is not something that would normally change that often.

If not making the MtGox API URI configurable updating it in hard code would involve a simple edit in just one place, ATPMtGoxExchange.java lines 61 and 62:

Code:
exchangeSpecification.setUri("https://mtgox.com");
exchangeSpecification.setHost("mtgox.com");

https://github.com/aido/AidoATP/blob/master/src/main/java/org/aido/atp/exchanges/ATPMtGoxExchange.java
Are you using the new endpoint

data.mtgox.com/api

Isn't the address hard coded in the .bin file? I only ask because although it seems like a great thing to check, I am not absolutely sure I can change it. Also I don't remember being prompted for the address.

Seems like it was, yes.  I'll start helping Aido on this where I can.  Let's make his the official fork. 
The Isis name has to go away for legal reasons, sorry guys.

I'll do a pull of his sources and see if we can make that API address a configurable thing.

Great work Aido!
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

data.mtgox.com/api

Isn't the address hard coded in the .bin file? I only ask because although it seems like a great thing to check, I am not absolutely sure I can change it. Also I don't remember being prompted for the address.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ

data.mtgox.com/api
Welcome back Nova!

Aido seems to still be maintaining his fork. I just found it yesterday. I tried the binary Nova released and I couldn't make it work. MTGoX seems to have altered its API on April 15th. So although I made a perfectly good Key/secret pair it refused to connect. I did try repeatedly new key/sectret but to no avail. Initially bugfixes where putout by nomore something(have to look back and catch it). Then Aido started working on your last release with arbitrage and got it working with(mostly not) or without arbitrage and with or without trending engine. Also added more indicators and a way to change them while running while making it possible to specify why to trade and in a way when.

The only hold up for me is that on BTCe it try's to use market orders and those fail. Rejected by BTCe. Apparently BTCe only allows limit orders. Aido's ATP has worked great for me in theory. It monitors BTCe and when the indicators I setup trigger it usually seemed to try to do what I wanted. Downside is since it sent a market order I get an error back rather then a trade.

All in all it seems great in theory. It won't for me connect to MTGox (I wasn't going to fund for testing anyways) and can't sell on BTCe. Still I am impressed it (aside from not trading) works on BTCe.

Thanks Aido!

I just noticed another error. Not sure when its triggered. Trading is likely as it rarely comes up. The message said invalid sign.
Code:

2013-04-18 13:08:39,978 ←[34m:←[0;39m Used Conservative risk algorithm to calculate w
eight of 3.415067276825354E-5
2013-04-18 13:08:40,278 ←[1;31m:←[0;39m ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting
down BTC-e trend following trading agent now!. Details are listed below.
com.xeiam.xchange.ExchangeException: BTCE returned an error: invalid sign
        at com.xeiam.xchange.btce.service.BTCEBasePollingService.checkResult(BTCEBase
PollingService.java:69)
        at com.xeiam.xchange.btce.service.account.polling.BTCEPollingAccountService.g
etAccountInfo(BTCEPollingAccountService.java:54)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.refreshAccounts(AccountManager.java:121)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.getBalance(AccountManager.java:105)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:387)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.run(TrendTradingAgent.java:344)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2013-04-18 13:08:43,100 ←[34m:←[0;39m BTC-e High USD :-  Last: USD 91.5 | Bid: USD 90
.82 | Ask: USD 91.5 | Volume: 1354872 | Currency: BTC | TimeStamp: Thu Apr 18 12:24:1
4 MDT 2013

2013-04-18 13:09:23,373 ←[34m:←[0;39m Used Conservative risk algorithm to calculate w
eight of 3.2E-5
2013-04-18 13:09:23,673 ←[1;31m:←[0;39m ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting
com.xeiam.xchange.ExchangeException: BTCE returned an error: invalid sign
        at com.xeiam.xchange.btce.service.BTCEBasePollingService.checkResult(BTCEBase
PollingService.java:69)
        at com.xeiam.xchange.btce.service.account.polling.BTCEPollingAccountService.g
etAccountInfo(BTCEPollingAccountService.java:54)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.refreshAccounts(AccountManager.java:121)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.getBalance(AccountManager.java:105)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:387)
2013-04-18 13:09:25,784 ←[31m:←[0;39m WARNING: Testing connection to BTC-e exchange

Actually it seems like the same error twice.
legendary
Activity: 965
Merit: 1000
Aido, we are releasing some Java sources over the next days/weeks. Maybe they help you...

https://github.com/ReAzem/cryptocoin-tradelib
Wow!  Holy crap,  I can't believe this thread is still kicking around.
Hey folks, it's me Nova, formerly known as Isis.  I've been away for awhile and technically I'm still under NDA fortunately some of that drops off in May, so there will be some interesting things coming to those still interested in OpenPay and it's related projects.

I haven't caught up on this thread at all (I will later) and I don't have the rights to close it.  As it turns out the Isis name is now trademarked by an epayment service provider in the USA with much more money for lawyers than I've got.

To put it blunt, I'm not allowed to use the Isis name in any forum or business venture etc due to some strongly worded letters I received from some folks in the legal profession.

It would be a good idea if the mods could close or at least rename this thread.

In the meantime, can someone save me 20+ pages of reading and give me a rundown of what's happened with ATP in my absence?  Sounds like people are still using it.  I'd be curious to know how it's turning out for you.

Thanks!
There appears to be an issue with BTCe's API. It won't accept market orders. Also it looks like MTGoX has changed their API again. It appears that the bot is working aside from the API error on BTCe and not actually executing trades. Anything I can post to help I gladly will.

Code:
2013-04-18 00:09:05,889 ←[34m:←[0;39m BTC-eTrend following trade agent is attempting
to sell BTC 0.02253166 of BTC 0.15021104 available
2013-04-18 00:09:05,889 ←[1;31m:←[0;39m ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Market orders not supported by BTCE API.
        at com.xeiam.xchange.btce.service.trade.polling.BTCEPollingTradeService.place
MarketOrder(BTCEPollingTradeService.java:68)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.marketOrder(TrendTradingAgent.java:554)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:432)

theblazehen is stuck in newbie jail so I'm posting this on their behalf:

Hi.
Just got your program running a bit. Saw a few pages beck that someone wanted a place to discuss this so I created http://reddit.com/r/aidoatp
I have had a PM request to post an example configuration, so here it is. This is just an example, the ask and bid logic will probably cause a loss:

Code:
aido@atp:~$ cat ~/.java/.userPrefs/org/aido/atp/prefs.xml

aido@atp:~$

Activity: 266
Science!
What is the format of the .dat files? I'd like to be able to create a script which could generate a historically based ExchangeCUR.dat of a certain polling interval from historic data (downloaded from bitcoincharts.com very wonderful API). This would allow one the chance to test some slow moving bots without having to first wait a days/weeks/months for the generation of the data file.
Is anyone else's bots having trouble getting regular updates to mtgoxUSD today?

Yes, seems to be a MtGox issue. The MtGox Live webpage is quite intermittent and other websites e.g. bitcoinity.org are experiencing a large lag and long gaps in MtGox data.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
yes much trouble...
do you have get working btc-e or bitstamp or any other?
Activity: 266
Science!
Code:
Attempting to open market data file /home/xxx/MtGox_EUR.dat
and it stops then...

hhhmmmm, haven't seen this one before. Again, the code around this has not been changed in a long time so I doubt the problem has anything to do with the latest commits. Does the MtGox_EUR.dat file exist already? If so, check the permissions on it. Maybe try deleting it; it will get recreated when the app is next run.

Overall, AidoATP has not received much TLC lately. I am busy with other commitments and have not been giving it much attention. There have been some interesting additions to the development branch of the XChange library. As soon as these make it into a more stable XChange 1.6.0. release I will integrate them into AidoATP. Amongst other things it will allow me to re-enable the MtGox streaming ticker which was disabled several commits back due to stability issues.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Hi ewibit,

I suspect a problem with your trading logic. I haven't changed the code around this lately so can I have a look at the logic used in your config file? PM me if it's 'sensitive' :-)
Hi Aido
thx - I have copied the wrong from here a few postings ago...
but now I have this:
Code:
Attempting to open market data file /home/xxx/MtGox_EUR.dat
and it stops then...
Hi ewibit,

I suspect a problem with your trading logic. I haven't changed the code around this lately so can I have a look at the logic used in your config file? PM me if it's 'sensitive' :-)
Pages:
Jump to: