Pages:
Author

Topic: Isis ATP [Automated Trading Platform] - Discussion - page 8. (Read 45225 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I updated AidoATP to use XChange 1.6.0.

There is a bug in this version of XChange where some of the exchange tickers have a null timestamp value. This is causing the ticker thread for some exchanges to crash.

For this reason I have not updated Github with a new version yet.

I have raised an issue with XChange (see https://github.com/timmolter/XChange/issues/100) so hopefully this will get fixed in the XChange 1.6.1 release.

Great to see you are on it Smiley cant wait for btc-e, the first profits will for sure go to your address!
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
* 1) If live, would Aido buy/sell RUR first and fix the above? (it's running in simulation so I understand if it can't change the wallet data)
No. If I understand the question correctly, it would be buying RUR only to sell them again?

* 2) With my home currency set at USD, and BTC-e not offering direct RUR/EUR trades, would the system do point 1 if it weren't simulation?
No.

* 3) Do I need to hold multiple currencies (including BTC) in order for arbitrage to work?
Yes. You need to have a balance in the selling currency wallet.

Also, as an aside, can Aido work with LTC instead of BTC?
Not currently.
Activity: 14
Hey guys,

I've been playing around with AidoATP in simulation mode, testing the arbitrage part of the program primarily.

I keep getting "Arbitrage could not trade with balance of RUR 0 on BTC-e" when it shows a fee profit opportunity detected on the RUR/EUR currency pair.

I've read through the readme and googled for some guidance, but I can't find any answers to help out with the following:

* 1) If live, would Aido buy/sell RUR first and fix the above? (it's running in simulation so I understand if it can't change the wallet data)
* 2) With my home currency set at USD, and BTC-e not offering direct RUR/EUR trades, would the system do point 1 if it weren't simulation?
* 3) Do I need to hold multiple currencies (including BTC) in order for arbitrage to work?

If there is a respository of information or discussions about this program elsewhere, I would appreciate being directed there if my questions have been answered before.

Also, as an aside, can Aido work with LTC instead of BTC?

Thanks,

Red.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Thanks for the update

Will look forward to using some of the other exchanges

When it's updated

I updated AidoATP to use XChange 1.6.0.

There is a bug in this version of XChange where some of the exchange tickers have a null timestamp value. This is causing the ticker thread for some exchanges to crash.

For this reason I have not updated Github with a new version yet.

I have raised an issue with XChange (see https://github.com/timmolter/XChange/issues/100) so hopefully this will get fixed in the XChange 1.6.1 release.

damn - could you please make it work live? ^^

Well, last night XChange released a new stable version, XChange 1.6.0. I'll update aidoATP to use this and hopefully it will fix the BTC-e issue along with a few others.
Haha. Yes Aido

I'm sure I can throw something your way

Just let me make something first. Hee hee hee

Just still testing and learning

As I said I may do something really stupid
But I think the sim mode is a good place to start
Was making a lose on every "sim" till last night
But hey I'm not complaining just learning from my mistakes
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
well i played a little bit -  let run the simulation mode on btc-e tonight and got a result of 10% profit - damn - could you please make it work live? ^^
Thank you Aido

Market was going down last night but the simulation did very well gave me a massive 3.0 Profit %

Well, if people are making 'lots' of profit from this please feel free to donate some of it to the address in my signature. Of course I won't be giving any of it back if you make a loss  Grin.

How exactly would you, personally, go about choosing the best logic?

I am not going to suggest a specific logic to use. It would not be good if everyone was using the same trading logic.
But it looks like the method Ianwhitbread has been using has been successful for him i.e. test out a few different scenarios overnight in simulation mode.
Thank you Aido

Market was going down last night but the simulation did very well gave me a massive 3.0 Profit %

testing out VWAP_Cross with MACD  today,

the wiki on MACD  was pretty good 
I think I am learning more from the process and understanding the pros and cons of each algorithm and how they work together

Im still no rocket scientist, but getting there

talk soon

Activity: 98
Do I enter java -jar aidoatp.jar in cmd? I tried that and it said it was unable to access aidoatp.jar
Activity: 98
what the quickest way to see the profit and lose

If you are using Linux just grep the log file for the word profit:

grep -i profit aidoatp.log

If on Windows I suppose you can do something like the following from a DOS prompt:

type aidoatp.log | find /I "profit"

This will allow you to use the log timestamps to compare profits/losses made to what market conditions were at a certain time, helping you pick the best trading logic.

How exactly would you, personally, go about choosing the best logic? I mean, could you elaborate a little more? I'm really trying to learn as much as I possibly can about markets, but I'm new to this... I'm actually going to try and get into a class about all this in the fall. What class would this be?
what the quickest way to see the profit and lose

If you are using Linux just grep the log file for the word profit:

grep -i profit aidoatp.log

If on Windows I suppose you can do something like the following from a DOS prompt:

type aidoatp.log | find /I "profit"

This will allow you to use the log timestamps to compare profits/losses made to what market conditions were at a certain time, helping you pick the best trading logic.
as I said

took my ATP back to the safer readme config setting

then set up and ubuntu VM machine  trying out   ADS with MACD
conservative ( SIMULATION MODE )

will compare after the weekend

btw  what the quickest way to see the profit and lose
keyboard shortcut?
did not want to scroll loads of logs

always a bit of a mission to find it, and thats only when i have seen an ask or bid

Thanks

Ian W
Activity: 322
It is related to number formats conversion. Is it serious and lead to losses?

Note to self: follow the exception thread!

Nevermind, folks. I figure it out. MaxLoss was empty in ~/.java/.userPrefs/org/aido/atp/prefs.xml.

Tks anyway.

I'm in college, so this is taking me awhile in my, rare, spare time.

But, what I'm working on in a fork that will ensure a higher level of integrity by validating some of these configurations.  (essentially XML + xsd and validation)
Activity: 28

Note to self: follow the exception thread!

Nevermind, folks. I figure it out. MaxLoss was empty in ~/.java/.userPrefs/org/aido/atp/prefs.xml.

Tks anyway.
Activity: 28
Hi all,

I'm getting this error while AidoATP is running:

Code:
2013-04-25 19:43:07,248 : MtGox High USD :-  Last: USD 149.00000 | Bid: USD 145.00000 | Ask: USD 149.00000 | Volume: 170675 | Currency: BTC | TimeStamp: Thu Apr 25 19:10:01 BRT 2013
2013-04-25 19:43:07,249 : MtGox Low USD :-  Last: USD 139.10000 | Bid: USD 139.10001 | Ask: USD 140.20000 | Volume: 177262 | Currency: BTC | TimeStamp: Thu Apr 25 19:28:17 BRT 2013
2013-04-25 19:43:07,249 : MtGox Current USD :-  Last: USD 142.50000 | Bid: USD 142.50000 | Ask: USD 142.99999 | Volume: 178132 | Currency: BTC | TimeStamp: Thu Apr 25 19:43:07 BRT 2013
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
        at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1011)
        at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Double.java:504)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.(TrendTradingAgent.java:83)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendObserver.run(TrendObserver.java:233)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I get this wither in simulation or live modes.

My environment is as follow:

Code:
Linux 3.7.10
java version "1.7.0_21"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.9) (Slackware)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Thank you

Nice and simple
What's the differents between the && (shortcut & )
And the & (Er normal &)

The long answer, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-circuit_evaluation

The short answer, very little difference.

A simple example of short-circuit evaluation would be when using an AND statement like FirstVar && (SecondVar || ThirdVar). If the first variable is false there is no need to evaluate the rest of the equation as the answer will always be false regardless of second or third variables.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
hey guys...is there any chance to become this bot running on btc-e and when, how to make it? i only got the information that the "Market orders not supported by BTCE API." message, so i guess it didn't work? Simulation Mode runs fine =( any solutions?

thanks Killa
Pages:
Jump to: