Pages:
Author

Topic: Isis ATP [Automated Trading Platform] - Discussion - page 4. (Read 45225 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Just read the Xchange comment

That kinda sucks why the hell does Mtgox do that
Just mess with everyone lives

Aido please get the other exchanges up and running

I was only able to test for one day  had more down time then up time

Gtmox kinda sucks

Sorry I am really angry with them

Grr, grr, and more grrrr ( not at you aido,  just Mtgox)

Thanks

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Profit/Loss is calculated by comparing the balance after a trade to balance when AidoATP was first started. However, trades are not performed in simulation mode so both balances will be the same. If a percentage profit/loss is reported in simulation mode it will be because of a change in the BTC price since startup.
ok thanks.

If you are using Linux just grep the log file for the word profit:

grep -i profit aidoatp.log

indeed i read this and used it Smiley
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
how to see my win/loss in simulation mode? grep through the log?

Profit/Loss is calculated by comparing the balance after a trade to balance when AidoATP was first started. However, trades are not performed in simulation mode so both balances will be the same. If a percentage profit/loss is reported in simulation mode it will be because of a change in the BTC price since startup.

But check a few posts back for how to extract profit/loss info from logfile:

what the quickest way to see the profit and lose

If you are using Linux just grep the log file for the word profit:

grep -i profit aidoatp.log

If on Windows I suppose you can do something like the following from a DOS prompt:

type aidoatp.log | find /I "profit"

This will allow you to use the log timestamps to compare profits/losses made to what market conditions were at a certain time, helping you pick the best trading logic.
https://github.com/timmolter/XChange/issues/118

AidoATP is currently using v1 of the MtGox API.
No it's still down.

As from 21:07 gmt

And, btw, WTF is going on with MtGox.  Can't connect in AidoATP since last night?!?

blah+

i think i am connected Wink

btw. how to see my win/loss in simulation mode? grep through the log?

thanks
That's why I said has anyone had any luck using AiDoATP. With the other exchanges
Activity: 322

And, btw, WTF is going on with MtGox.  Can't connect in AidoATP since last night?!?

blah+
Hello Aido,

I've read up a bit on your bot but didn't see a stop loss feature. Is your bot able to do trailing stop loss? I prefer to do all buys on my own but can't watch my BTC investments 24/7 so a trailing stop loss function would be very convenient for people like me. If Mt. Gox ever implemented a trailing stop loss function, I'd definitely use it.

The Max Loss config parameter is part of the interview process. 

This will cap the percentage weight of, in case of high risk algo, the amount to sell when indicators are aligned to sell.

'Stop loss' or, probably better said, a price floor, doesn't really exist in Aido.  What does happen, however, is that for each consecutive trade executed the weight is reduced by the formula:

weight / 2^num of consecutive trades.

This has an effect of a big trade (if indicators are satisfied, and trendarrow is high) at first, but the subsequent 4 other trades that might follow will be reducing in size fairly rapidly.

You could call this a somewhat loose stop loss. 

This is why I've been modifying my local copy of AidoATP to be much more responsive, larger weights, with the initial trades, then let the pseudo stop loss take it's course.  I found the high risk algo to be too conservative with the indicator configurations I'm using.

Has anyone confirmed that AidoATP  works on btw-e  or BXCamp

last time I checked both exchanges was not accepting Market Price bids or asks on the API

making AidoATP redundant on those exchanges

kinda getting fed up with all the down time  that mtgox  has with either api access or ddos attacks

Thanks

Ian W

Activity: 31
Hello Aido,

I've read up a bit on your bot but didn't see a stop loss feature. Is your bot able to do trailing stop loss? I prefer to do all buys on my own but can't watch my BTC investments 24/7 so a trailing stop loss function would be very convenient for people like me. If Mt. Gox ever implemented a trailing stop loss function, I'd definitely use it.

FYI.

Due to all of MtGox's annoying lag events I'm will be modifying my local AidoATP copy to perform the following behavior for indicator tick size scaling.

1.  Calculate average rate of change of MtgGox tick timestamps over shortMACDTickSize tick value to establish MtGox responsiveness.
2.  Compare result of item 1. with Polling Interval configuration value.
3.  Scale all configured tick indicator sizes UP/DOWN inversely compared to result of item 2.

This should preserve, roughly, the waveforms created by EMA and MACD in the event of a slowdown or speed-up of MtGox responsiveness.

The integrity of the indicator waveforms for period of time are paramount to executing on the intent/tactics defined by the AidoATP user.

If interested, I'll post a copy of the code somewheres.
Hi folks,

anyone knows how to set the Moving Average Convergence-Divergence correctly?
I am trying to implement the following:

sell:
- MACD below signal line && signal line crossover

buy:
- MACD above signal line  && signal line crossover

is this correct and whats the right syntax?

thanks in advance
Activity: 46
Thank you, sounds good Smiley

Wish you all the best for the StreamingTicker implementation!
2013-05-07 04:46:18,759 : ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting down MtGox trend following trading agent now!. Details are listed below.
si.mazi.rescu.HttpException: Status code 403; first body line: {"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_invalid_nonce"}
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.checkHttpStatusCode(HttpTemplate.java:217)
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.executeRequest(HttpTemplate.java:182)
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.executeRequest(HttpTemplate.java:93)
        at si.mazi.rescu.RestInvocationHandler.invokeHttp(RestInvocationHandler.java:59)
        at si.mazi.rescu.RestInvocationHandler.invoke(RestInvocationHandler.java:54)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy6.placeOrder(Unknown Source)
        at com.xeiam.xchange.mtgox.v1.service.trade.polling.MtGoxPollingTradeService.place MarketOrder(MtGoxPollingTradeService.java:80)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.marketOrder(TrendTradingAgent.java:554)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:432)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.run(TrendTradingAgent.java:344)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

On the HttpException you are experiencing; your theory on the cause seems plausible.

I am hoping to get the StreamingTicker functionality working for MtGox in the near future. XChange made big changes in how they implement a streaming ticker so it is not as simple as re-enabling the code I had working in a much earlier version of AidoATP.

If your theory is correct a working streaming ticker will also fix the HttpException above.
Thanks, much appreciated Smiley
Another commit to develop branch:

commit 999e710c89a49553990a0a81383142a9f574ffc2

Added config option to use only local currency in trades

As this is a new configuration option I suggest first running aidoatp with the --clear-config switch so you will be interviewed:

java -jar aidoatp.jar --clear-config=true

More savvy users may manually add a UseLocalOnly = 0 or 1 setting to their configuration.

Again, thanks to Jasmin68k for the suggestion.
Did you consider my other suggestion of having an option to trade using only the wallet configured as LocalCurrency?

Yes; another good suggestion. I'm adding it to the development branch at the moment and it will be in the next commit...coming soon.

As for the error you reported. Can you confirm that this still occurs with the latest version of aidoatp. There have been recent changes to the MtGox API and a lot of subsequent changes to XChange 1.7.0 as a result. Maybe, just maybe, this fixed the problem.

First of all, once again thank you for picking up my suggestion.

About the http exception: I ran my own version for a few days compiled against 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT (was necessary after MtGox forced HTTPS for API-access anyway), which is except for the described mods identical with the official bot.

Since I have only used one wallet as described, the error never occured again, which is expected though. So I can neither confirm nor deny, that it still happens with multiple wallets.

I can confirm however, that I ran the then latest version of the main branch of AidoATP, when it occured, which was compiled against XChange 1.6.0. I haven't tried using multiple wallets yet with XChange 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT and probably won't anytime soon, since for what I wanted to do they were more of an annoyance (that's why I came up with the LocalOnly mod, since there's no option at MtGox to deactivate or delete a currency/wallet).

I guess (just speculation), that when the bot triggers a trade in several currencies at the same time (each with its own thread) with XChange, due to small timing differences, delays etc. it can happen that order of execution gets swapped and the nonce calculated by XChange for one trade ends up lower than the one before, which is illegal with the MtGox API afaik.

Having only one trading thread for each exchange (MtGox etc.) looks like a non-trivial rewrite of the bot though Sad

Maybe it's somehow possible to have XChange sync the nonce's it sends, even if they originate from different instances, I wouldn't know...haven't looked into it.
Did you consider my other suggestion of having an option to trade using only the wallet configured as LocalCurrency?

Yes; another good suggestion. I'm adding it to the development branch at the moment and it will be in the next commit...coming soon.

As for the error you reported. Can you confirm that this still occurs with the latest version of aidoatp. There have been recent changes to the MtGox API and a lot of subsequent changes to XChange 1.7.0 as a result. Maybe, just maybe, this fixed the problem.
Not a newbie anymore, so finally I can stop spamming Aido's inbox Wink

Thank you for picking up my idea of having a maximum risk option Smiley

Did you consider my other suggestion of having an option to trade using only the wallet configured as LocalCurrency? If you were to integrate that, too, I could stop maintaining my own private version and it might come in handy for others, too...the code I sent you earlier via PM should be ok to commit.

This would still leave this error, which only happens when using more than one currency to trade with (after I put the UseLocalOnly option in my private version, it was gone):

2013-05-07 04:46:18,759 : ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting down MtGox trend following trading agent now!. Details are listed below.
si.mazi.rescu.HttpException: Status code 403; first body line: {"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_invalid_nonce"}
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.checkHttpStatusCode(HttpTemplate.java:217)
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.executeRequest(HttpTemplate.java:182)
        at si.mazi.rescu.HttpTemplate.executeRequest(HttpTemplate.java:93)
        at si.mazi.rescu.RestInvocationHandler.invokeHttp(RestInvocationHandler.java:59)
        at si.mazi.rescu.RestInvocationHandler.invoke(RestInvocationHandler.java:54)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy6.placeOrder(Unknown Source)
        at com.xeiam.xchange.mtgox.v1.service.trade.polling.MtGoxPollingTradeService.place MarketOrder(MtGoxPollingTradeService.java:80)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.marketOrder(TrendTradingAgent.java:554)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:432)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.run(TrendTradingAgent.java:344)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had this happen frequently using two wallets (one USD, one EUR) at MtGox, only using USD it was gone.

As I already wrote in PM, spawning several non-synced trading threads (one for each currency) might be the root cause of the problem (nonce not being properly handled/incremented). Still wondering, whether it can be handled somehow with XChange (the lib) or at the bot's level without completely rewriting the code (one trading instance per exchange (MtGox etc.) or some syncing of threads etc.)

Since I personally only use one currency to trade with at MtGox (which atm still needs my suggested UseLocalOnly option, see above, if you have any other wallets in your MtGox account) and I didn't dive deep enough into the bot's and/or XChange's code, I'll leave that to someone else to figure out though Wink

In any case, having the UseLocalOnly option should be quite useful for anyone who does not want to spread his money among several currencies... Wink
Pages:
Jump to: