Pages:
Author

Topic: ISIS destroys Syrian Church on Easter Sunday - page 3. (Read 3783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/envoy-car-mosque-destroyed-war-150318072200714.html

Almost all of the 436 mosques in the Central African Republic have been destroyed by months of vicious fighting between Christians and Muslims, the US ambassador to the United Nations said.
Samantha Power spoke to reporters on Tuesday after a Security Council visit last week to the country, calling the devastation "kind of crazy, chilling".

417 of the country's mosques have been destroyed. She visited the one remaining Muslim neighbourhood in the capital, Bangui, and described the residents as "a terrified population". Some Muslim women, afraid of leaving the community while wearing their veils, are choosing to give birth in their homes instead of hospitals.

I hope there are Christians here ready to denounce their religion for such widespread violence....

Slighty off-topic but relevant, I'd think we'd be better off we destroyed all forms of religion then we wouldn't have so many excuses for violence.

It is not the problem of Religion itself, but a problem with the misunderstanding of the religion about few (maybe more than few) people. It is normal that each religion in the past wanted "prevale"  (teach) to the others but now I think everyone should  'read' the religions in this actual period of time (because have passed few thousand of years).
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/envoy-car-mosque-destroyed-war-150318072200714.html

Almost all of the 436 mosques in the Central African Republic have been destroyed by months of vicious fighting between Christians and Muslims, the US ambassador to the United Nations said.
Samantha Power spoke to reporters on Tuesday after a Security Council visit last week to the country, calling the devastation "kind of crazy, chilling".

417 of the country's mosques have been destroyed. She visited the one remaining Muslim neighbourhood in the capital, Bangui, and described the residents as "a terrified population". Some Muslim women, afraid of leaving the community while wearing their veils, are choosing to give birth in their homes instead of hospitals.

I hope there are Christians here ready to denounce their religion for such widespread violence....

Slighty off-topic but relevant, I'd think we'd be better off we destroyed all forms of religion then we wouldn't have so many excuses for violence.

Activity: 675
Merit: 500
Scholar? They might be talking about "scholar in terrorism" not "scholar in Islam", right? And being a salafi doesn't mean he/she is original follower of Prophet, Salafi only means that he/she died within first four hundred years after Prophet's death. Wahhabism has many contradictions to Islam.

P.S. Is killing innocent people including muslims Islamic? I am pretty sure it isn't.

The "including muslims" part really isn't necessary, is it?
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Maybe a (stupid) question that come into my mind (and I don't find any real possible valid answer) is: Who is real supporting (with money) those terrorist groups? Someone said "Saudi Arabia" and the other near countries.... but I don't think they aren't the unique countries.

Maybe someone of you have a valid theory, please share it (it would be an interesting debate).

Crude oil, drugs, taxes, etc.  Smiley

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964028/oil-drugs-internet-ISIS-funded.html

Ransom payments also comprise a large part of their earnings. A few months ago, the Spanish government paid around €8 million to free two of their citizens. The ISIS makes tens of millions of USD every month in the form of ransom payments.

Saudi oil money percolates to all things Islamic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11140860/Qatar-and-Saudi-Arabia-have-ignited-time-bomb-by-funding-global-spread-of-radical-Islam.html

The two Gulf states have spent billions of dollars on promoting a militant and proselytising interpretation of their faith derived from Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century scholar, and based on the Salaf, or the original followers of the Prophet.

Scholar? They might be talking about "scholar in terrorism" not "scholar in Islam", right? And being a salafi doesn't mean he/she is original follower of Prophet, Salafi only means that he/she died within first four hundred years after Prophet's death. Wahhabism has many contradictions to Islam.

P.S. Is killing innocent people includinf muslims Islamic? I am pretty sure it isn't.
Activity: 675
Maybe a (stupid) question that come into my mind (and I don't find any real possible valid answer) is: Who is real supporting (with money) those terrorist groups? Someone said "Saudi Arabia" and the other near countries.... but I don't think they aren't the unique countries.

Maybe someone of you have a valid theory, please share it (it would be an interesting debate).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964028/oil-drugs-internet-ISIS-funded.html

Ransom payments also comprise a large part of their earnings. A few months ago, the Spanish government paid around €8 million to free two of their citizens. The ISIS makes tens of millions of USD every month in the form of ransom payments.

Saudi oil money percolates to all things Islamic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11140860/Qatar-and-Saudi-Arabia-have-ignited-time-bomb-by-funding-global-spread-of-radical-Islam.html

The two Gulf states have spent billions of dollars on promoting a militant and proselytising interpretation of their faith derived from Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century scholar, and based on the Salaf, or the original followers of the Prophet.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 1246

legendary
#Free market
ISIS tell they are following Islamic rules but it is a blatant and obvious lie.

They kill humans without any remorse. Do you really think they will care about buildings and stuff if they don't even care about humans.

They have destroyed hundreds of Shia Muslim shrines and mosques, in addition to Christian churches and Yazidi temples. But this is nothing when compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who were butchered by them.

The amazing thing here, that these ISIS members are claiming themselves "muslims" but kill also muslims, christians etc... This is the really strange thing that I cannot understand.

Seems to be a quite pointless action. Calculated savagery is often part of the arsenal of conquering armies to shock their enemies but this one will piss of people instead of shock them into submission.  

That's obvious, what is the purpose to destroy a Church? I think there isn't any valid reason for destroy an antique and important Church.

Your statement itself answers your question. They want to spread violence. By destroying an old and important Chruch and that too on Easter Sunday, most people will try to wage a war against them. I think that's what they want. CMIIW.

They kill humans without any remorse. Do you really think they will care about buildings and stuff if they don't even care about humans.
What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

FYI: That website twists some things a lot. I know as I am a Muslim, you either won't care what I say and rely on it or will tell I am lying unless you are a "truth seeker".

P.S. ISIS should be destroyed no matter what. However, a bloodless victory will be great. There are many innocents living in there. Whether "bloodless" refer to innocents only or to all is yet to be discussed.

I asked an explicit question because I would like to receive an explicit answer from a lot of users here in the community, because the mass media - newspaper - internet - people are saying (each if them) a different thing. In these ultimate 5-10 years it was very difficult to know the truth about something and I've seen lot of people say : all the Muslim are like ISIS, so all the Muslims are terrorist" now ISIS members aren't Muslims (and finally I'm secure of what I'm saying).
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
ISIS tell they are following Islamic rules but it is a blatant and obvious lie.

They have destroyed hundreds of Shia Muslim shrines and mosques, in addition to Christian churches and Yazidi temples. But this is nothing when compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who were butchered by them.

The amazing thing here, that these ISIS members are claiming themselves "muslims" but kill also muslims, christians etc... This is the really strange thing that I cannot understand.

Seems to be a quite pointless action. Calculated savagery is often part of the arsenal of conquering armies to shock their enemies but this one will piss of people instead of shock them into submission.  

That's obvious, what is the purpose to destroy a Church? I think there isn't any valid reason for destroy an antique and important Church.

Your statement itself answers your question. They want to spread violence. By destroying an old and important Chruch and that too on Easter Sunday, most people will try to wage a war against them. I think that's what they want. CMIIW.

What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

FYI: That website twists some things a lot. I know as I am a Muslim, you either won't care what I say and rely on it or will tell I am lying unless you are a "truth seeker".

P.S. ISIS should be destroyed no matter what. However, a bloodless victory will be great. There are many innocents living in there. Whether "bloodless" refer to innocents only or to all is yet to be discussed.
legendary

For the ISIS, any person who do not agree with their radical ideology is an apostate. For them, non-Muslims like Yazidis are devil worshipers and subhumans. Shiites are apostates, as they give too much importance to people and idols (i.e shrines).
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
legendary
#Free market
The fact that ISIL/ISIS slipped under the radar of this incompetent US regime is amazing given the amount of money spent for that exact purpose. Where is the accountability in all this with the NSA, CIA, defense intelligence? Heads should roll (not ISIS style) but you know what I mean.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
The fact that ISIL/ISIS slipped under the radar of this incompetent US regime is amazing given the amount of money spent for that exact purpose. Where is the accountability in all this with the NSA, CIA, defense intelligence? Heads should roll (not ISIS style) but you know what I mean.
legendary
#Free market

legendary
Activity: 1512
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Another interesting article about of what is happened:

According to Syrian state news agency SANA, the 80-year-old St Mary's Church in Tel Nasri - an Assyrian village in an area where Christian and Kurdish militia have been fighting Isis - has been destroyed by the jihadist group. The report did not reveal if there were any causalities. It is suggested that the Isis operation on Easter Sunday was aimed at eliminating the Christian and Kurdish militia groups. The Church of Our Lady Mary, built in 1934, was one of Syria's oldest churches.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/syria-isis-booby-traps-ancient-al-hasakah-church-kill-assyrian-fighters-easter-sunday-628245

They are mainly targeting days like Easter and New Year for their attacks. It's just inhuman that they destroyed a church just because they disregard other religions. Fortunately this time, no human life was harmed.
legendary
#Free market
Well this will be good if all ISIS member obey their leader. Maybe they do this because they know soon they will lose.
ISIS leaders know they will be bring to the International Criminal Court / ICC for their crimes.

The ISIS leaders will never go to the International Criminal Court. If they are prosecuted for their crimes, then many members of the Qatari and Saudi royal families will also be investigated for their role in the formation of ISIS. The US will never allow that to happen.

Yes of course because it is impossible they have a lot of money, it is normal that someone is "funding" them (whit weapon, food, etc..). If they will catch I'm sure they will kill them in that instant (as it was happened to Osama bin laden). However I still don't understand why they have destroyed that church, it is really no sense. They aren't Muslims, because if Islam is that thing why the other billion of Muslims aren't like ISIS?
Activity: 532
legendary
Well this will be good if all ISIS member obey their leader. Maybe they do this because they know soon they will lose.
ISIS leaders know they will be bring to the International Criminal Court / ICC for their crimes.

The ISIS leaders will never go to the International Criminal Court. If they are prosecuted for their crimes, then many members of the Qatari and Saudi royal families will also be investigated for their role in the formation of ISIS. The US will never allow that to happen.
Pages:
Jump to: