Pages:
Author

Topic: Islamic Bank of Bitcoin{}بنك بتكوين الاسلامي - page 11. (Read 112778 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Activity: 602
Merit: 502

{Dividends} Statement Release 1/09/12

IBB shares 0.55 BTC 1/09/12.
2.00 BTC in total will be paid out in dividends to 1000 shareholders, each share will receive 0.002 BTC.
CEO
IBB - Islamic Bank of Bitcoin
www.ib-bitcoin.com
IBB bitcoin address  Cheesy thanks to my good friend 'teflone'

1BBtgAnAQdo1fK5DuU21QW8VMr5MdVAjaj

Haha... Nice.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
If i was meeting some one to buy bitcoins with cash and they were to load the cheque, if so how would i know the coins were succsesfully loaded or would it be purley be down to trust and best not used for this kind of transaction?

Well, you can verify the funds are in the cheque by checking the address. The blockchain is public, and you can look at the address on the cheque at any time.

Thanks for all this i am starting to get my head round the simple things..I did read the manual but it didnt make much sense Embarrassed
You have really helped..thanks again for your time.

If i ever get some bitcoin i would love to support your project, wishing you the best of success.
If i was meeting some one to buy bitcoins with cash and they were to load the cheque, if so how would i know the coins were succsesfully loaded or would it be purley be down to trust and best not used for this kind of transaction?

Well, you can verify the funds are in the cheque by checking the address. The blockchain is public, and you can look at the address on the cheque at any time.
go to internet cafe or use your cellphone to check the bitcoin address (via http://www.blockchain.info or http://blockexplorer.com ) to see if anything in there

that someone will probably send btc via cellphone, so he/she would show you the above website to check and confirm the btc

Thanks..I really do like the idea and the sharia banking very much..I certainly want to give bitcoin a go when i manage to get some i would like some cheques..How can i buy some?
Is it like having my wallet on a peice of paper?
If i ever manage to buy some bitcoin i have them sent to the address on the cheque?
And there is no trace of the transaction on my computer?

You could use it as a paper wallet, I suppose. The idea is that it's a paper wallet you can hand to someone like a cheque.

Now i think i am getting it..How would i cash the cheque or move the coins to an online wallet to spend them?

Thanks for your time BTW..I am really not technicly minded as is obvious..lol

MTGox, and possibly others, have "redeem private key" options, where you input the private key, and it uses that to grab the coins.

Sounds easy.
One more stupid question.lol

If i ever manage to buy some bitcoin i have them sent to the address on the cheque?

You could use it as a paper wallet, I suppose. The idea is that it's a paper wallet you can hand to someone like a cheque.

Now i think i am getting it..How would i cash the cheque or move the coins to an online wallet to spend them?

MTGox, and possibly others, have "redeem private key" options, where you input the private key, and it uses that to grab the coins.

Thanks..I think i am getting it Undecided
So when you load the cheqe the bit coins are in the Islamicbank untill cheque is redeemed?

no , the cheque itself has private key hidden under the hologram, the 'islamic bank' doesnt hold your coins, its in the cheque itself, if you lose your cheque then you lose your BTC

if you go to bitaddress.org you get something like this

Bitcoin Address: 1AY3EJSzzqU4HKsEiynm56xuy3NQdqY9go
Private Key (Wallet Import Format): 5KjuK5qoz9cQ5bdfYo7Vm2yhJZ5EUbPYVqdqAV7Ry8ftH4VkRWg

you keep the private key secret, if someone finds out the key, they can use it to steal your btc

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
So when you load the cheqe the bit coins are in the Islamicbank untill cheque is redeemed?

No. The bitcoins are never in Islamic Bank of Bitcoin account using this cheque, that paper cheque is just a medium to store address info and spending key.
Here you can read nicely done review and how to use the cheque.
Are these cheques a physical bitcoin?
If so how do i buy one?
With cash if possible.

You have to "load" or send any desired amount of bitcoins to the address found on the cheque, then it becomes a physical bitcoin note.
I'm not sure how to buy some with cash, but maybe you can ask Senbonzakura to give you a redeem code for one for free.
You can check with cheque producer if there's a way to buy them as cash in mail on his website or on the forum.
You can pay in bitcoin with some sort of cash through options on BitInstant if you're in US, Russia or Brasil, or send cash through a bank to exchange and get  a redeemable exchange codes from BitStamp or MtGox, if you're in some other country (Ireland? Greets from Croatia!).

Or

You can print your own bitcoin note such as this one for the same effect of having a paper bitcoin note, if you do not need security properties such as peelable sticker hologram on a cheque.

If so how do i buy one?
With cash if possible.

You have to "load" or send any desired amount of bitcoins to the address found on the cheque, then it becomes a physical bitcoin note.
I'm not sure how to buy some with cash, but maybe you can ask Senbonzakura to give you a redeem code for one for free.
You can check with cheque producer if there's a way to buy them as cash in mail on his website or on the forum.
You can pay in bitcoin with some sort of cash through options on BitInstant if you're in US, Russia or Brasil, or send cash through a bank to exchange and get  a redeemable exchange codes from BitStamp or MtGox, if you're in some other country (Ireland? Greets from Croatia!).

Or

You can print your own bitcoin note such as this one for the same effect of having a paper bitcoin note, if you do not need security properties such as peelable sticker hologram on a cheque.
If so how do i buy one?
With cash if possible.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I got my copy. Good job!
Got it!
Thanks Senbonzakura and IBB.

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

{Dividends} Statement Release 31/07/12

IBB shares 0.64 BTC 31/07/12.
2.00 BTC in total will be paid out in dividends to 1000 shareholders, each share will receive 0.002 BTC.
CEO
IBB - Islamic Bank of Bitcoin
www.ib-bitcoin.com
Activity: 182
Why is this still in project development? It seems very well developed.

Nobody's bothered to move the thread, I think. it's no big deal, though it should be over in Lending.

It does get annoying at times.
Why is this still in project development? It seems very well developed.

Nobody's bothered to move the thread, I think. it's no big deal, though it should be over in Lending.
Pages:
Jump to: