Pages:
Author

Topic: Islamic Bank of Bitcoin{}بنك بتكوين الاسلامي - page 9. (Read 112758 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Just received an email, did a pw reset to my email, logged into crypto and I see my one IBB share!

Thanx, for some reason i had forgoten about the password reset thingy and was struggling to figure out how to set my own password there without knowing the current password Tongue
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Still got no share info, or email confirmation.
I hope that silly looking bootstrap will prove to be a good choice.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Just received an email, did a pw reset to my email, logged into crypto and I see my one IBB share!

You have successfully registered at Cryptostocks.com. One last step remains before you can use your account, you need to confirm it by following below link.

Confirm my account
Best regards
Your Cryptostocks Team
Thanks for updates Senbonzakura.
Looking forward to see IBB trading again.

i don't understand this thread at all, you guys all seem to know what it's about though.

what is this project?

Apart from OP and few post below OP that explains Islamic Bank of Bitcoin is as it's name says a Bank that's using bitcoin for banking  and using shariah law as a banking model (providing interest free bitcoin loans and creating shariah compliant joint venture companies - Musharakah, see OP), which part needs better explanation?

Some of users in this thread, myself included, are investors in IBB, and we're following it's development here.

Is there anything more that should be explained apart from OP, let me know, I'll try to look for an answer and explain as much as my RL time and knowledge permits.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
i don't understand this thread at all, you guys all seem to know what it's about though.

what is this project?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Also, I'm not sure if I made the right point, any more holes there?

Thanks for doing the research. I guess we need both measures simultaneously (backups on the issuer side AND proof of ownership on the shareholder side), and competition will likely cause them to integrate a standard solution set.

As it is, neither of these solutions seem good enough, but I guess the details are pretty off-topic here. It seems they both want to make migration as easy as possible, which makes the current decision less critical.
I believe that is well managed at BTC-TC with the answer:

New functionality release today: Offline Shares.

Objective: 
 - Store your share's offline and protect them in case of a compromised account, while still receiving dividends
 - In the future this feature can be integrated with other exchanges to allow movement of shares from one platform to another

Also, I'm not sure if I made the right point, any more holes there?
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
I think the most important concern at this point is "What happens if the exchange stops functioning?". Do any of these options provide the possibility of an exit strategy for users?

I agree. Maybe use bitcoin protocol to store the shares? E.g. bitcoins that came from IBB's official address represent shares.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
I think the most important concern at this point is "What happens if the exchange stops functioning?". Do any of these options provide the possibility of an exit strategy for users?

Apart from some fee differences, obvious differences in site engine and trading execution, which I've found to be advanced enough yet simple enough for beginners, on both options.
Using both solutions, I've found to like more the UI and user/trading features implemented in BTC-T than cryptostocks.

But the key differences that would swing me to the BTC-T right now I believe are well summed in burnsides post here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1335397

It has definitely been discussed and is somewhat covered in the FAQ.

3 major differences that make this unlike any other sites available right now.

A) We are incorporated.  For real.

B) Legal wording is such that this is an entertainment/educational site only.  Assets are not real.  There is no recourse if an asset fails.  Etc.  This makes it more risky for "investors", but less risky for the asset issuers and most importantly, less risky to BTC Trading Corp.  This would seem like a huge issue at first, but realistically there is little recourse in an asset failure situation anyway.

C) Asset issuers are free to leave at any time.  I have made it simple (via website, json api, or email) to get a list of people holding your asset such that you can move to another exchange or to private management pretty much at will.  We even force it upon the asset issuers in the form of an email every 12 hours.  Smiley

There's lots of other differences, but those I think are the key ones.

I believe overhead for issuer/manager would be a bit less using some of features presented on BTC-T page such as:

Ability to schedule dividends. Pay dividends based on date/time in the future.
Ability to email all shareholders important notifications.
Ability to temporarily stop trading on your asset when you have big announcements.

Please, do add more of what you think is relevant to pick the right tool from the choices you've presented.
There has been a movement in a positive direction regarding GLBSE asset data.

GLBSE blog: Issuers being given shareholder lists

Gigamining has been given a list of his shareholders (not 100% complete, still waiting on some users).

You can expect about 3-4 asset issers a day to be given shareholder lists, starting from what were the largest assets moving down.

I hope IBB will claim it's list soon so it can continue moving forward.

The team behind BTC-trading Co. is offering a free listing to exGLBSE share issuers. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1347762
Will IBB move there or you have something else in mind Senbonzakura?
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
This is not an appropriate place to banter guys.. come on...    Wink
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Good news :-

Bitcoin-Starter launched http://www.bitcoinstarter.com/

This is good news but the page only has "notify me of the launch" form and that's it.  Sad

Back up!  Smiley

How is bitcoinstarter related to IBB?
(I did not find any bitcoinstarter official forum thread so I am going to ask here. Sorry, if this is a wrong place.)
I am thinking about splitting my "ART" project to smaller steps/targets and moving it over to a btc crowd funding platform. Looks like you guys use "all or nothing" approach where funding is lost, if target is not reached. Reason I do not want to use that is because this can turn in to a total waste of time for me and for the supporters. Second problem is, that I am planning to ship out goods for larger donations. Now, if I send the stuff out right away and target is missed, I have lost my supporters coin, time is wasted and goods are gone too. Sure, I can wait N months but what is the point letting your coin just sit on some strangers account, earning nothing and accumulating risk (getting riskier by the day Smiley

"Planning to"? Have you actually shipped anything at all yet?

Found the following post...

WARNING, DO NOT INVEST WITH ESKIMOBOB.

@EskimoBob you asset has just been desisted from #assets-otc and you will never be allowed to list any assets at this service.

I sent you the history of your asset by email - all 3 transactions and both the pgp keys.

Now go licking some more goats' balls.

Thank you for quoting  out of context! Brilliant way to show what kind of a scumbag and liar you are. Bravo!

Another offtopic rant from Usagi, who wasted and swindled away thousands of investors BTC.
First, let me ask this, what happened to your post count number? You had about 1000 posts and look at you now, only 157 posts. Nice job deleting your crap from the forum.
And now, tell us all how many thousands of investors BTC you lost thanks to your own stupidity and incompetence? Was it close to 7500 BTC? (look it yup, it's in one of your posts)
Usagi, please crawl back to that hole you game from. Nobody needs your hysterical dramas and endless rants on topics you know nothing about.
If you like to accuse me on something, go do it in Scam Accusations sub forum.    
Stop following me around like a pervert.

vip
Activity: 812

This is good news but the page only has "notify me of the launch" form and that's it.  Sad

Back up!  Smiley

(I did not find any bitcoinstarter official forum thread so I am going to ask here. Sorry, if this is a wrong place.)
I am thinking about splitting my "ART" project to smaller steps/targets and moving it over to a btc crowd funding platform. Looks like you guys use "all or nothing" approach where funding is lost, if target is not reached. Reason I do not want to use that is because this can turn in to a total waste of time for me and for the supporters. Second problem is, that I am planning to ship out goods for larger donations. Now, if I send the stuff out right away and target is missed, I have lost my supporters coin, time is wasted and goods are gone too. Sure, I can wait N months but what is the point letting your coin just sit on some strangers account, earning nothing and accumulating risk (getting riskier by the day Smiley

Found the following post...

WARNING, DO NOT INVEST WITH ESKIMOBOB.

@EskimoBob you asset has just been desisted from #assets-otc and you will never be allowed to list any assets at this service.

I sent you the history of your asset by email - all 3 transactions and both the pgp keys.

Now go licking some more goats' balls.
vip
Activity: 812

Back up!  Smiley

Activity: 484
Hi again eskimobob,

They have a vested interest in Bitcoinstarter.

Not yet but fairly soon we'll have an official thread.

I responded to you here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1329844  Grin
legendary

Back up!  Smiley

Activity: 484

Back up!  Smiley
legendary

This is good news but the page only has "notify me of the launch" form and that's it.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
US companies usually pay usually pay quarterly while many European companies pay bi-annually (twice a year).

In the Bitcoin world, everything seems to be different though Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: