Pages:
Author

Topic: Isn't Fiat the Real Ponzi - page 5. (Read 482 times)

Activity: 828
Merit: 657
October 30, 2023, 05:46:29 PM
It is a legal ponzi  Shocked  Roll Eyes

All the bankers are the top of the piramire and all outside of it are paying with inflation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
October 30, 2023, 05:32:35 PM
In as much as I don’t like the things surrounding the use of fiat currency, it is never a Ponzi scheme because Ponzi scheme is something you invest in with high hopes of getting lots of profits off it, but at the end nothing to show for it. The thing is fiat is a currency to be use for transactions and not to be hodl on to as an investment asset because of deflationary effects of it. Treat it as a currency that it’s suited for and look for better asset to use as investment tool and you wouldn’t address fiat as a Ponzi scheme
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
October 30, 2023, 04:52:06 PM
Without a local currency, you can not be able to run a business in a country. But you can not run a business with a ponzi scheme as it will later collapse.

Fiat is backed by the government. Ponzi scheme is not back by anything but it may remain hidden until it collapses.

You can do a business with fiat but fiat become like a scam if you hold it. Why would you hold fiat when their are assets that you can go for.

You know everything about fiat and that makes it not a scam.
Activity: 27
Merit: 7
October 30, 2023, 04:43:02 PM
I've seen many blog posts describing bitcoin as a ponzi scheme, but looking at the current inflation of fiat it now looks like a Ponzi. Don't know who is the beneficiary in this kind of fiat Ponzi. The earlier generation had enough to buy with few amounts that can't buy anything reasonable today. I also saw Elon in a tweet saying or calling fiat a Ponzi scheme. People suffer to get fiat and lose it on high food prices and products. In a Ponzi, everyone end up losing money, same with fiat. A good number of people around me complain of not being able to purchase product with a fair sum of money they feel is big.
Pages:
Jump to: