Pages:
Author

Topic: It is bad to use AI to help my post quality improve? - page 4. (Read 601 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 335
AI generated post is not really your opinion and there are high chances you will not even learn anything from the conversation neither will you understand in details, what you posted. In other words, AI will make you practically lazy and that is not how to grow. Besides, AI generated posts are easy to notice and by that, it bring a bad reputation to you and whatever you represent especially in a forum like this where your opinion is needed and mot someone else's.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
This is where I'd position myself as well. However, I've come across posts that seemed to contain phrases commonly associated with AI-generated content, even though anyone could use those phrases. I believe that people can generally discern if an entire post has been generated solely by AI, don't you think?
That statement above is of such higher quality in terms of English proficiency than your posts from back in 2017 that I have to wonder if you're either already using some kind of AI tool to polish your shortcomings OR you somehow got your hands on this account which used to belong to someone else. 

A third possibility is that you've improved your English, but I don't think I've ever seen that happen with an account that's recently woken up from a long break.

Anyone else get that sense?  Am I being paranoid here?  I seriously doubt I am, and if that's true it's baffling to me why OP would create a thread like this, which just invites scrutiny from shitposter/account buyer hunters.  Any good detectives want to delve into this one?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
write your untouched post

call it untouched post a:

do a double line

have ai clean it up to show both versions

call part 2 ai version.

this covers you and if you do that people may point out why the ai is better or not better.

it would help you learn english and you would gain a better understanding of why a sentence written in english is working.

BTW if you look above I wrote much like the Author James Joyce.

ie stream of consciousness.

If you can do that in hand written and show us that along with the ai cleanup of it.

I would think you would be on the way to posting better.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
IMO:

Bad: "Write a response to this question asked on a forum: "
Okay: "Fix the spelling mistakes on this post I just wrote:
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
I've noticed some posts relating to AI-generated content, so I'd like to ask: Is it against the forum's rules to use AI-generated content? For example, I want to compose a sentence or comment on a topic where I'd like to share my knowledge. However, since English is not my native language, sometimes what I'm thinking might not translate well in writing. I find AI to be a helpful tool for improving my writing, and I believe it could also make the moderators' job easier.

What’s against the forum is plagiarism and once you use an AI to help you compose a post then it is kinda off classified as a palagrized work because AI wrote it from starting to end. If you think your English is not too good and you need a better way to communicate, then what you might need is not an AI but rather a English Grammarly or something like Quillbot which corrects your spelling and and paraphrase some of your English that are not well arranged. This way it is your idea and some spelling checks.

Other than that, the easiest thing is to first stick to your local and allow your English to get better first. I believe almost all the major languages have a designated local board here and it is not like you would miss much because most of this educational threads on English boards have been translated to various languages in the forum to help users understand some basics of cryptocurrency without having the major need to understand English properly.

I believe if you stick around local Board and be gradually coming to the English board you will develop faster and safely rather than wanting to rush it through AI
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
On the top of my head: go use AI when trying to learn how to write properly/legibly, but don't use AI to create your replies. Because are you actually learning if the AI writes for you even if you provide the ideas?
Obviously, that's not what I intend to do. I don't use AI to compose my responses. Instead, I create a draft of my post and have AI review it for grammar corrections and punctuation. Is it too much to ask for this tool?

Your english doesn't even need to be perfect; if we can understand what you're trying to say despite it being in broken english, then it's fine.

Is it because of my broken English that I was tagged, I guess, so I want to ensure it doesn't happen again. If there's a way to make improvements, such as correcting spelling and making minor adjustments, a tool would be helpful. My main point here is that the thoughts would still remain, just as I originally created them. I'm seeking some assistance in eliminating these errors or improving the text.

(and parts of your reply read as though they were created via AI)

Can you point which part?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
On the top of my head: go use AI when trying to learn how to write properly/legibly, but don't use AI to create your replies. Because are you actually learning if the AI writes for you even if you provide the ideas?

Your english doesn't even need to be perfect; if we can understand what you're trying to say despite it being in broken english, then it's fine.
Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
As I started to read your reply "Grammerly" came to mind then you said it in your post.  If you do feel the need to use AI in your posts, then can I suggest you use the AI content as a "draft" - but not include it in the final post.  Read what the computer came up with and then put that text into your own words (but don't just alter one or two words here and there as it will be picked up by those in the Forum who scrutinise such things)

Take your time and consider creating two different responses that draw in the AI content, but aren't reliant on it.

(and parts of your reply read as though they were created via AI)
Ordinarily I'd say "no" because then it's not your own views or opinions that you are expressing, rather a computer's "guess" of what you want to say.

Your title shows that you are not a native English speaker.  Perhaps you should try learning English just a bit more - in doing so, the quality of your posts will improve and you won't need to fake your posts with AI content.

I do understand English, even though I'm not a native speaker. My purpose in using AI is to refine my language skills to the maximum extent, similar to how one might use Grammarly. It's like having thoughts in your mind and having someone more proficient express them effectively on your behalf. I want to clarify that I fully comprehend what I post. Some individuals find poorly written English posts to be a visual annoyance, but even when someone tries to enhance them, they may not always appreciate the effort. Consequently, many people might eventually give up. Isn't the creation of such tools intended to assist us in improving our communication?

I've noticed some posts relating to AI-generated content, so I'd like to ask: Is it against the forum's rules to use AI-generated content? For example, I want to compose a sentence or comment on a topic where I'd like to share my knowledge. However, since English is not my native language, sometimes what I'm thinking might not translate well in writing. I find AI to be a helpful tool for improving my writing, and I believe it could also make the moderators' job easier.

What you are saying is nothing but plagiarizing, which is against forum rules and you will be banned if you use AI to create posts for you.

That's right and agree with that, so that question is already answered.

If you can't able to write in English then use the local board section.

To what extent is it acceptable to use AI to enhance regular forum posts?

Using it to correct your grammar is acceptable since one of the forum members used it as far as I know but blatantly posting content created by AI will get you a temp/permanent ban or atleast a negative tag.

This is where I'd position myself as well. However, I've come across posts that seemed to contain phrases commonly associated with AI-generated content, even though anyone could use those phrases. I believe that people can generally discern if an entire post has been generated solely by AI, don't you think?
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom

What you are saying is nothing but plagiarizing, which is against forum rules and you will be banned if you use AI to create posts for you.

If you can't able to write in English then use the local board section.

Using it to correct your grammar is acceptable since one of the forum members used it as far as I know but blatantly posting content created by AI will get you a temp/permanent ban or atleast a negative tag.
Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
Ordinarily I'd say "no" because then it's not your own views or opinions that you are expressing, rather a computer's "guess" of what you want to say.

Your title shows that you are not a native English speaker.  Perhaps you should try learning English just a bit more - in doing so, the quality of your posts will improve and you won't need to fake your posts with AI content.
As you can see in my profile, I was tagged by "actmyname" as a member of the spammers list. Consequently, I've been considering that perhaps the quality of my posts doesn't meet the forum's standards. Now, I know you might wonder, "Where have you been? It's been a long time since I've seen you" (referring to my account's activity). But don't worry about that. Let's focus on the main topic, which is not just about me but also for other users who want to enhance their writing.

Pages:
Jump to: